GDT: We are crushing their heads! New Jersey Devils vs. the Philidelphia Flyers, 7PM EST

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.

Hopefully this is accurate. The numbers clearly say to break up Greene-Santini, it’s been awful.

unknown1-2x.jpg

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

Hopefully this is accurate. The numbers clearly say to break up Greene-Santini, it’s been awful.

By "the numbers" you mean CF% I assume, since that's about the only number you ever toss out.

Anyways, I agree that Greene and Santini are not a great fit together as they should each be with a more offensive player, but I really hope Hynes doesn't just play Greene-Severson the same way he plays Greene-Santini.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
By "the numbers" you mean CF% I assume, since that's about the only number you ever toss out.

Anyways, I agree that Greene and Santini are not a great fit together as they should each be with a more offensive player, but I really hope Hynes doesn't just play Greene-Severson the same way he plays Greene-Santini.
Shot contributions, zone entries, zone exits, scoring chances.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Hynes should deploy Greene-Severson and Moore-Vatanen relatively equally and shelter Butcher-Lovejoy some. They’ll be fine.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Hynes should deploy Greene-Severson and Moore-Vatanen relatively equally and shelter Butcher-Lovejoy some. They’ll be fine.
That would be fine. Giving Greene-Severson 60-70% defensive zone starts and deploying them against the top players every shift won't be, which is how he has typically used Greene-Santini.

kdb527

Nov 16, 2010
I guess it’s time screw with Noesen again. Seems like everywhere Hynes has played him this year that line sees success. Gibbons and Coleman early, then with Boyle, gets zajac his first goal, now with Wood and Zacha.. Each time those players get going Hynes moves or sits Noesen.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I guess it’s time screw with Noesen again. Seems like everywhere Hynes has played him this year that line sees success. Gibbons and Coleman early, then with Boyle, gets zajac his first goal, now with Wood and Zacha.. Each time those players get going Hynes moves or sits Noesen.

I like Noesen as much as the next guy, but when you have Stafford and Hayes, you can afford to alternate some of those wingers if they’re not bringing much to the table as of late.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad