Pre-Game Talk: We always knew thay had to win one in DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Am Chariot

One shift at a time
Mar 19, 2006
might as well be a Game 7!

The team as a whole really rallied and showed a lot of heart in a do or die game. Especially the new guys

Zucco - awesome
Stralman - awesome
Brassard - more awesome
Moore- awesome
Asham - awesome
Dorsett - awesome

Have to pull it all together for Game 7. I think the back to back might actually favor the Rangers. The momentum of a big do or die win + Henke usually great in back to back games.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Stralman-Moore/Del Zotto-Not Richards on the PP points please.

Stay disciplined. Not only will limited the Caps PP be crucial, I think it would annoy them to "see the refs help us" again.

Callahan needs to have a memorable game. Good memories. Lol.

Good vibes! Go Brass!

Green Blob*

Im so scared.

I will have half a bottle of Svedka in my body by the end of the 1st period. Fact.

Green Blob*

HONOR.

TRADITION.

RESPECT.

This is what it means to be a NEW YORK RANGER.

All who wear this jersey take great responsibility and represent this city with tremendous pride.

We are a team of 1, we support one another, we work for a common goal.

We must be a team of ACTION, not re action, be DECISIVE.

We need to DOMINATE with our SPEED, SKILL, and EXECUTION. BE EXPLOSIVE. We have to push the pace. Be RELENTLESS.

Tonight we play with EFFORT. Tonight we play with HEART. Tonight we play for NEW YORK.

THIS IS WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A RANGER!!!!!

I Am Chariot

One shift at a time
Mar 19, 2006
anyone think ****ing **** green will be disciplined?

doubtful

Rather have him play regardless. Have to beat the best to be the best. Beating the Caps in game 7 will be great for the team. Caps are a great team and other than AO, its Green that always worries me.

I want the Rangers to beat them. In Game 7. In DC.

I want their best players on the ice and I want the Rangers to be that much better!

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
For the Rangers to win in Washington, I think Nash will have to be the difference. He needs to go into beastmode like he did throughout the season.

I say if he scores, Rangers win.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
After being down 0-2 and 2-3, a game seven is all anyone can ask for. After last year, I wish it did not have to be do or die but if it's a battle needed, hopefully the boys will show up. The home team has been the better team for the most part and we've played poorly in Washington. When the match up is not in our favor, we are simply chasing our own tails and then if we're lucky, we're chasing their tails. The key to this game is execution execution execution.

We're not going to out chance them, we're not going to out shoot them. We're not going to out perform them in special teams, we're not going to dictate and dominant the pace like they did on their ice.

We need to execute and capitalize on every chance we get.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Our PP is 7.7%. 2 goals on 26 opportunities.

This will either make or break us tomorrow. There are only so many games you can win with your PP bringing absolutely nothing to the table.

We won't win in Washington if we can't get on the board with our special teams.

jacko23

Lurkers unite!
Jul 8, 2007
Lehigh Valley, PA
After being down 0-2 and 2-3, a game seven is all anyone can ask for. After last year, I wish it did not have to be do or die but if it's a battle needed, hopefully the boys will show up. The home team has been the better team for the most part and we've played poorly in Washington. When the match up is not in our favor, we are simply chasing our own tails and then if we're lucky, we're chasing their tails. The key to this game is execution execution execution.

We're not going to out chance them, we're not going to out shoot them. We're not going to out perform them in special teams, we're not going to dictate and dominant the pace like they did on their ice.

We need to execute and capitalize on every chance we get.

no, but it WOULD be nice if late in the 3rd, WE try to mount some kind of attack and not rely on blocking shots and flipping it out of the zone for the last 10 minutes.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
no, but it WOULD be nice if late in the 3rd, WE try to mount some kind of attack and not rely on blocking shots and flipping it out of the zone for the last 10 minutes.

you see a 3rd period lead in your crystal ball?

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
If the Rangers PP was even 15% in the series, we possibly wouldn't even be talking about a game 7 right now. That's the terrible thing.

Anyway, hopefully the lack of time off helps carry the momentum of a win over to tomorrow night. It's not going to be easy to win. The Rangers aren't good on the road and especially in Washington.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Our PP is 7.7%. 2 goals on 26 opportunities.

This will either make or break us tomorrow. There are only so many games you can win with your PP bringing absolutely nothing to the table.

We won't win in Washington if we can't get on the board with our special teams.

PRAYING that it's a loosely officiated game — one or two penalties per team at MOST.

We are the better team five-on-five for the most part, IMO.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
PRAYING that it's a loosely officiated game — one or two penalties per team at MOST.

We are the better team five-on-five for the most part, IMO.

Wrong. The Caps are by far the superior team and have dominated even strength. I mean c'mon they finished a whole entire full point ahead of us in the standings, we obviously don't belong on the ice with them.

Or at least that's what I'm told :sarcasm:

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012
Big game tomorrow night. Back to back games are where pure desire, fire, and drive can make a huge difference and often determine the winner. And to have the 2nd of the back to back be game 7!?! Amazing. Games like this are where teams show what they're made of. And whether they have the heart and fight required to go deep in the playoffs.

If any one of Nash, Cally, or Richie score, this team should have a good chance, as they've been doing it without any major production from these guys all series. Time to step it up. I'm confident that at least 2 of those 3 will show how big their hearts are, how much drive they have to win, and elevate their games.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I'd just like to note that you guys can thank me for shaving, thus single-handedly winning game 6

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
Lets all hope the $12 Million, and $8 Million dollar men show up tonight. We have no shot if Nash or Richards don't will us into the second round. Lundqvist can only do so much for us, lets stop being spoiled, stop screening Hanky, and score some goals! LGR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad