OT - NO POLITICS We’re on to April

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
On this last day of the Bruins' regular season, how about some questions for fun?

1) What is your most treasured Bruins possession and is there a story behind it?

2) Do you have a specialty that you cook or bake?

3) Do you believe that time travel is possible?

4) If you could compete on Survivor, would you do it?

5) Have you ever been told you resemble a famous person, if so, who?
1. Ray Bourque autographed, game used stick. My dad used to work for an NHL team and I was allowed to pick one player from each team to get an autographed stick from. I think it was 1985 cause I picked Pelle Lindbergh from the Flyers and he sadly died in 1986.

2. Red Lentil Coconut Curry

3. I don't, but I'm starting to believe in some sort of weird time stuff. Something like you get stuck in a certain portion of your life and re-live it until you do a good enough job to move on.

4. I haven't ever seen Survivor, but based on what I know I don't think I'd be as good fit.

5. Adam Sandler, Prince William... and Paul Phifer from the Wonder Years. I think I'm more of a Jon Hamm type but what do I know?

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
1. Ray Bourque autographed, game used stick. My dad used to work for an NHL team and I was allowed to pick one player from each team to get an autographed stick from. I think it was 1985 cause I picked Pelle Lindbergh from the Flyers and he sadly died in 1986.

2. Red Lentil Coconut Curry

3. I don't, but I'm starting to believe in some sort of weird time stuff. Something like you get stuck in a certain portion of your life and re-live it until you do a good enough job to move on.

4. I haven't ever seen Survivor, but based on what I know I don't think I'd be as good fit.

5. Adam Sandler, Prince William... and Paul Phifer from the Wonder Years. I think I'm more of a Jon Hamm type but what do I know?

i have an I Love Winnie Cooper sticker on my fridge

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Winnie Cooper had game, but Maggie O'Connell (Janine Turner) from Northern Exposure really had her hooks in me for a while.

Until I met my wife, that is.....

I loved the early seasons of Northern Exposure- the characters & storylines were quirky but naturally so. Later on the show jumped the shark and became quirky for the sake of being quirky.

Rob Morrow was pretty easy on the eyes back then too.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I loved the early seasons of Northern Exposure- the characters & storylines were quirky but naturally so. Later on the show jumped the shark and became quirky for the sake of being quirky.

Rob Morrow was pretty easy on the eyes back then too.
I remember John Corbett from Northern Exposure, being quite popular as well back then.....until his unfortunate rock climbing accident.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BMC and NeelyDan

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
They should do an episode of house hunters where the couple tours three houses as normal but in the end loses all three of them and has to rent an apartment despite bidding 100k over asking on all of them to a big corporation who gave all cash offers.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Crapy weather. Drizzle and raw.
Wasnt a total waste reseeded bare spots
Now Im beat.

IMG_1162.jpeg

Johnny Upton

Jul 5, 2003
Boston
On this last day of the Bruins' regular season, how about some questions for fun?

1) What is your most treasured Bruins possession and is there a story behind it?

1) After the Bruins won the Stanley Cup in 2011, they offered the STHs a framed collage of all the season tickets from 2011-12, including a die-cast replica of the Stanley Cup banner raising opening night ticket. Only 500 were made, and I have #16.

2) I got into smoking meats on a pellet smoker and I've been trying to perfect my rib game. I'm not winning any competitions but I have gotten a lot of compliments on them.

3) Probably not, but never say never....

4) I sunburn watching TV so no, bad idea all around.

5) Before my hair started going gray, I was told I had a bit of a resemblance to Brian Scalabrine,

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
1) After the Bruins won the Stanley Cup in 2011, they offered the STHs a framed collage of all the season tickets from 2011-12, including a die-cast replica of the Stanley Cup banner raising opening night ticket. Only 500 were made, and I have #16.

2) I got into smoking meats on a pellet smoker and I've been trying to perfect my rib game. I'm not winning any competitions but I have gotten a lot of compliments on them.

3) Probably not, but never say never....

4) I sunburn watching TV so no, bad idea all around.

5) Before my hair started going gray, I was told I had a bit of a resemblance to Brian Scalabrine,
Hey @Johnny Upton , Where have you been?

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Maaaaaan I made a bad decision going back to this restaurant. No raise, always being stared down, talked down too and made to do shit work.

Some sort of payback because I left once before

Only one of 3 people in my section last Saturday to get yelled at and I didnt even do the wrong thing

Reactions: eightspokedb

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

1) I have had a lot of Bruins memorabilia throughout the years, but I always seem to get separated from it. One thing that I somehow do still have is a Bruins blanket that was given to me when I was around 10. Hasn't gotten that much use so it's still in decent shape despite being a little bit rough.

2) My wife tells me I make good salmon dishes.

3) No. The future does not exist nor does the past. At least not anymore. You are and will always be living in the present. Eckhart Tolle FTW

4) Haven't watched the show since season 2. The idea of it is intriguing (specifically being separated entirely from material possessions), but I'm not totally sure I would enjoy it. Firstly, because I am not sure I really am THAT rugged and also because it's a television show and I'm guessing plenty of what happens is very manipulated.

5) Yes, but I can't remember which one(s). The last time I remember being told I looked like someone else was when my stepdad sent me a YouTube clip of a random guy installing siding on a house and said "doesn't this guy look like you?" I didn't think he did.

Reactions: caz16 and BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad