OT - NO POLITICS We’re on to April

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
I have an appointment with a physician assistant today and now they are charging $99 per visit. Used to be $69.

And i have a $5k deductible. At least I have an HSA, hallelujah.

I am ready for a long weekend. More than ready.

I generally like having a HSA due to how much cheaper it is but you need to max it out to get the savings and still have regular treatments knowing how expensive they will be

My kids Dr. is $85 and the adults $135

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Nah @Ladyfan Ive never understood love or people liking me.

Ive thought I was a piece of shit forever and still do lol

Some of it is being on the spectrum some of it is people have always treated me as an outsider
Sounds like your fellow employees like you. You need to change your attitude. Clearly someone feels you have value....go with it!

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
So I've joined the walking wounded, it seems like there have been a spate of injuries and procedures with the HF faithful. I had surgery on my foot yesterday, my left foot takes a turn for to the left and a few bones are out of place. I dealt with this for a number of years, but it got to be too much of a nuisance. Surgery yesterday to reset and shave down a few bones, 4-6 weeks on crutches and another 4-6 weeks in a walking boot. I timed it to have surgery after hockey season so I could finish coaching (last practice is Saturday), and hopefully be off of crutches for my youngest's graduation in DC in the second week of May.

Now I have to stay off my feet and keep icing my foot for the next few days, which is a challenge because I hate sitting still.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
So I've joined the walking wounded, it seems like there have been a spate of injuries and procedures with the HF faithful. I had surgery on my foot yesterday, my left foot takes a turn for to the left and a few bones are out of place. I dealt with this for a number of years, but it got to be too much of a nuisance. Surgery yesterday to reset and shave down a few bones, 4-6 weeks on crutches and another 4-6 weeks in a walking boot. I timed it to have surgery after hockey season so I could finish coaching (last practice is Saturday), and hopefully be off of crutches for my youngest's graduation in DC in the second week of May.

Now I have to stay off my feet and keep icing my foot for the next few days, which is a challenge because I hate sitting still.
Sending healing thoughts! As difficult as it is be sure and do what the doctor tells you. You went through the surgery so don't rush it!

1711646390060.png

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

I'm glad your surgery went well! Will you be having any pt?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Speedy recovery!

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
I'm glad your surgery went well! Will you be having any pt?
Thanks Betsy!

I don't believe so. I am able to rotate and flex my foot so I think as long as I do that I'll be good.

I think I've done 4 or 5 stints of PT for various muscle ailments as I've gotten older. I always equate it to prison. The conversations are always the same:

What are you in for?
How long until you get released?
:laugh:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Thanks Betsy!

I don't believe so. I am able to rotate and flex my foot so I think as long as I do that I'll be good.

I think I've done 4 or 5 stints of PT for various muscle ailments as I've gotten older. I always equate it to prison. The conversations are always the same:

What are you in for?
How long until you get released?
:laugh:

Oh yes absolutely :biglaugh:

Reactions: Ludwig Fell Down

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

1711660653124.jpg

Knowing how painful anything to do with the foot is, I wish you all the best. Our feet do so much for us and they pay the price. Take care, heal well.

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site

Healing Blessings!!!!

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
holy crap. i am addicted to that connections game. i downloaded tge app and ive been playing all day

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

Get better soon! Glad surgery went well!

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Well, when it rains, it really pours.

Remember that big windstorm we had 1-2 maybe 3 weeks ago?

Well. Unbeknownst to us and our cameras, our fence is hanging on for dear life. One of the neighbors behind us who is renting an apartment got our attention as we came home. I walked over to him and he said I've been trying to get your attention for a week now. Did you guys notice your fence is partially collapsed? I look at him and said no. He said when I look at the window I see your dog going to the area, I didn't want it running out. I walked around behind the new shed and BAM look at this shit.

20240328_174137.jpg

20240328_174138.jpg

My dog could of ran out the yard and we would of never known how. I am so greatful to this guy. I got his number. I put these cones, and put the wood part sticking up in at tight as I could so it won't collapse even further. The guy told us if we need a fence guy, his friend has one and won't overcharge us. I was very greatful to have seen him today. This could've been dangerous if it fell the other way. As kids live behind us and play by the fence all the time.

Money is tight right now. Hopefully we can get this fixed soon. I know my dad wanted to replace the fence with a plastic one. But he said he likes the wood feel better.

Not sure what we're going to do. But lucky to have neighbors who care. Especially this guy. He just moved in too.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

All the best for a quick and relatively pain-free recovery.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
Well, when it rains, it really pours.

Remember that big windstorm we had 1-2 maybe 3 weeks ago?

Well. Unbeknownst to us and our cameras, our fence is hanging on for dear life. One of the neighbors behind us who is renting an apartment got our attention as we came home. I walked over to him and he said I've been trying to get your attention for a week now. Did you guys notice your fence is partially collapsed? I look at him and said no. He said when I look at the window I see your dog going to the area, I didn't want it running out. I walked around behind the new shed and BAM look at this shit.

View attachment 842743

View attachment 842744

My dog could of ran out the yard and we would of never known how. I am so greatful to this guy. I got his number. I put these cones, and put the wood part sticking up in at tight as I could so it won't collapse even further. The guy told us if we need a fence guy, his friend has one and won't overcharge us. I was very greatful to have seen him today. This could've been dangerous if it fell the other way. As kids live behind us and play by the fence all the time.

Money is tight right now. Hopefully we can get this fixed soon. I know my dad wanted to replace the fence with a plastic one. But he said he likes the wood feel better.

Not sure what we're going to do. But lucky to have neighbors who care. Especially this guy. He just moved in too.
Well that took a nicer turn than I was expecting.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

wishing you only the most seamless of recoveries friend.

off to the USA today with the bride, short little Easter getaway to Bellingham, sister is part of one of those time share programs and has a place there.

Be nice to get off the island for a few days

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

RIP

Reactions: Alicat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad