WD Round 2: PeterSidorkiewicz vs bruins309

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
PeterSidorkiewicz presents...

Announce Team for the card: Gordon Solie and Mike Tenay with Joel Gertner

Match List in order of appearance:
1. Vampiro vs. Tajiri vs. Steve Corino (Triple threat for the World Television Championship)

2. Damien Sandow vs. Junkyard Dog

3. Snuka vs. Neville vs. Prince Puma Vs. Jerry Lynn (c ) (Fatal Fourway Tables, Ladders, and Chairs Match for Intercontinental Championship)

4. Pentagon Jr. Vs. Rey Misterio Sr.

5. Santana Garrett vs. Sherri Martell ( c ) (Womens Championship)

6. La Resistance & Andy Kaufman vs. Public Enemy & Brutus Beefcake (6 man tag-team elimination match hair vs. hair)
* hopefully people picture this match with Kaufman going through a table and his hair getting chopped off at the end :)

7. Terry Funk Vs. Jake "the Snake" Roberts (Steel Cage Match)

8. Kendrick & London vs. Rock N' Roll Express (c )(Tag-Team Championship)

9. Macho Man Randy Savage (with Miss Elizabeth as valet) vs. Booker T (with Sharmell as valet) ( c ) (World Heavyweight Title)

* (c) denotes who is the champion at the start of the match.

bruins309 presents....

World Series of Professional Wrestling

Five teams from the wrestling powers of the world battle for supremacy in a never seen before round robin tournament split between Los Angeles and Tokyo! Some of the greatest wrestlers in history from the United States, Canada, Mexico, Japan, and the European Union will do battle in this special two-night card. (Sponsored by section309.com!)

Rules:
All matches are 30 minute time limit
10 points for a win
5 points for a draw
0 points for a loss

Each team will have each of their four wrestlers go against a representative of one of the four other teams. The teams are:

USA: Kurt Angle, Greg Valentine, Stan Hansen, Jack Brisco
Canada: Rick Martel, Earthquake, Tyson Kidd, Gene Kiniski
European Union: Sheamus, Karl Gotch, Alex Wright, Otto Wanz
Japan: Genichiro Tenryu, Shinsuke Nakamura, Giant Baba, Hayabusa
Mexico: El Dandy, Manny Andrade, Negro Casas, Tito Santana

Show 1: Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA
Announcers: Mauro Ranallo and Corey Graves
Ring Announcer: Gary Michael Cappetta
Special ceremonial ring announcer: Joe McHugh

Special match before the show: Ken Patera vs Mr. Saito in a McDonald’s Parking Lot match at 2020 West Olympic Blvd in LA! Restaurant will be open after the match for those craving a burger, Kenny!
Opening match: Manny Andrade (Mexico) versus Hayabusa (Japan) – The young Andrade, now in NXT and better known as La Sombra in CMLL takes on the innovator of the Phoenix Splash
Match 2: Tyson Kidd (Canada) versus El Dandy (Mexico) – Kidd is well known for having married into the famous Hart family, who all consider Dandy to be a serious professional and a jam up guy. Dandy is considered the consensus best worker in the world for the year 1990.
Match 3: Jack Brisco (USA) versus Gene Kiniski (Canada) – One of America’s greatest wrestlers of the 1970s and a two time NWA World Champion takes on “Canada’s Greatest Athlete”, the longest reigning NWA World Champ of the 1960s.
Match 4: The Revival versus Too Cool – The popular Attitude Era duo take on the no-nonsense throwbacks of latter day NXT.
Match 5: Greg “The Hammer” Valentine (USA) versus Tito Santana (Mexico) – These two longtime rivals had one of the best feuds in 1980s WWF but now battle for national pride.
Main Event: Kurt Angle (USA) versus Karl Gotch (Euro) – The 1996 Olympic Gold Medalist faces perhaps his biggest challenge in Gotch, who is the godfather of Japanese wrestling and a 1948 Olympian in freestyle and Greco-Roman wrestling.

Show 2: Tokyo Dome, Tokyo Japan
Announcers: Mauro Ranallo and Corey Graves (Ranallo is used to calling Japan matches despite not being there)
Match 1: Rick Martel (Canada) versus Sheamus (Euro) - Former world champions collide as the Celtic Warrior takes on Rick Martel, out to prove he is more than just a Quebecois pretty boy.
Match 2: Giant Baba (Japan) versus Otto Wanz (Euro) – A battle of big men who also happen to be patriarchs of promotions: Baba of All Japan Pro Wrestling and Wanz of CWA in Europe.
Match 3: Alex Wright (Euro) versus Negro Casas (Mexico) – The underappreciated Das Wunderkind is out to prove himself against one of the greatest legends in Mexican wrestling history.
Match 4: Doug Furnas and Phil Lafon (Dan Kroffat) versus Hiroshi Hase and Kensuke Sasaki – Furnas and Lafon were the All Asia tag champions 4 times in the early 90s but Hase and Sasaki held the IWGP tag belts and are out to prove they are the best tag team in Japan from the era.
Match 5: Earthquake (Canada) versus Genichiro Tenryu (Japan) – Former sumos collide as the mighty Earthquake looks to take down Tenryu, Japanese legend of many promotions.
Main Event: Stan Hansen (USA) versus Shinsuke Nakamura (Japan) – The Strong Style King of the past meets the new King of Strong Style.

Last edited:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Bruins is so innovative and awesome. This is a 50/50 match, but I went with the very interesting and fun card with bruins.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Got thru round 1 by the skin of my teeth, so probably playing with house money here.

I exchanged many PMs with PeterSidorkiewicz during this process: most of them were along the lines of "your turn now" and "its your pick" :laugh:

GB

Mar 6, 2002
UK
bruins309 main event is so good and all the matches on his card seem to work well so he gets my vote again.

Funk vs Roberts in a cage though, that's a fantastic match up, I'd pay money to see that.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Looks like I may be edged out in this one, but vote if you haven't yet...even if it's not for me.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Looks like we need some sudden death OT!

8617229_orig.jpg

600px-SuddenD_13.jpg

suddendeath4.jpg

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
My favorite thing about the movie Sudden Death from the IMDB trivia page:

Jaromir Jagr wasn't happy that the hockey player wearing his number (68) was on the ice for three of the opposing teams goals, making him a minus 3.

:laugh:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I loved Sudden Death, a great action flick for our time. If anyone listens to the "How did this get made" podcast I really hope they do Sudden Death as an episode.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad