Edge (c) vs. Owen Hart

Steel Cage Grudge Match
Sting vs. Vince McMahon

#1 Contender IC Title Match
Christian vs. Hideo Itami

ECW Championship Match
Tazz (c) vs. Rusev vs. Dr. Death Steve Williams

Tag Team Championship Match
Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin) (c) vs. British Bulldogs (Dynamite Kid and British Bulldog)

Singles Match:
Ultimo Dragon vs. Nigel McGuinness

WWE vs. Indy Wrestling 4 on 4 Elimination Match
Team WWF managed by Stephanie McMahon - American Alpha (Chad Gable & Jason Jordan), Mark Henry, and Michelle McCool

vs.

Team Indy managed by Gabe Sapolsky - REDRAGON (Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly), Colt Cabana, and Kharma

HANDSOMEHOLLYWOOD

neb7k5.png

Tag-Team Match
“The Hooliganz†Paul London & Bryan Kendrick
-vs-
“The Can-Am Express†Doug Furnas & Phil LaFon

[collapse=Notes]A high energy, back and forth match built primarily around London and Kendrick having to rely solely on their speed to compete with the strength and intelligence of Furnas and LaFon.
Furnas picks up the victory over Kendrick, as London was out on the floor selling a prior hit. The Can-Am Express celebrate and leave.
London enters the ring to tend to Kendrick and the crowd cheers them. Kendrick has a cry baby-esque meltdown and turns on London with accusations of leaving him high and dry. Kendrick leaves to boo’s from the crowd, and his “Man with a Plan†theme song and signature dance moves.
Winners: Furnas and LaFon

The Miz and Maryse make their way to the ring. Miz grabs a mic and accuses Mike Awesome of being petty and jealous. Miz details the amount of work he had to put in to change the definition of Awesome from meaning a joke like Mike Awesome. “He should drop the name himself out of respect but if I have to beat him to do it, so be it. Because I’m the Miz, and ONLY I am AWESOME!"
Maryse also speaks French, then translates to English to the crowd, as a refined woman, to insult Mike Awesome’s ugliness and mullet haircut.
Mike Awesome appears, making his entrance for his match against The Miz. Awesome has been accusing The Miz of making a mockery of wrestling, his “soft†style and his use of the word ‘awesome’ being a disgrace to everything he stands for. Awesome intends to make him pay for use of his namesake, with his blood and broken bones.
This issue will be solved tonight. An issue dating back to a YouShoot Mike Awesome interview where Awesome first mocked Miz’s use of the word.[/collapse]

Singles Match – Loser Must Only Be Known as 'Mike'
Mike Awesome
-vs-
The Miz (with Maryse)

[collapse=Notes2]In what is essentially a brutal one-sided beat down of The Miz, Awesome repeatedly allows Miz to get up and breaks his own pinning attempts in favor of inflicting more punishment on The Miz to the fans delight.
Miz will win, preferably with a blatant low blow. Something pretty low to reinforce his weasel like character.
Mike snaps after the loss, giving Miz a Mike Bomb and clotheslining Maryse. Mike exits the arena.
Winner: The Miz[/collapse]

Triple Threat Match
Austin Aries
-vs-
Lance Storm
-vs.-
Jamie Noble

[collapse=Notes3]Fast-paced, athletic match that’s anyone’s to win. All three men exhibit intelligence and have clearly done their homework on each other. It’s the crowd’s best guess as to who will win, and everyone marvels at the athletic display spectacle.
The match gains more and more intensity in a rapid build, big move after big move. In a back and forth sequence, Aries sidestep spins away from a Lance Storm super-kick, who spins to meet Aries’ discus forearm smash, crumpling Storm out of the ring. Noble rolls Aries up from behind out of nowhere and wins the match, stunning Aries and the crowd.
Winner: Jamie Noble

Following Noble’s win, a voice is heard over the sound system, cutting off his music; “You guys thought that was a great wrestling match and those guys are real tough eh?â€
Jim Cornette appears, microphone in hand leading Vader to the ring.
“This man, the monster of the new Camp Cornette, eats breakfasts bigger than all three of these guys!â€
Vader enters the ring and destroys all Aries, Storm and Noble. Cornette continues; “Revival! You turned down my offer to join me in Camp Cornette, and become the real top guys and the Briscoe Brothers are gonna show you why that was a bad idea, when they take you to school later on tonight and take your title as tuition! But as of right now, this man is starving for a real challenge so Chris Hero, get your fattedned up, lazy ass out here right now! I can’t think of a better man than Big Van Vader to finally be able to whoop your ass into shape!â€
Chris Hero enters through the curtain. Hero had been mocked by Cornette for his physique, as Cornette’s dislike for similarly built guys is well-documented.[/collapse]

Singles Match
Chris Hero
-vs-
Vader (with Jim Cornette)

[collapse=Notes4]A hard-hitting and stiff affair of a match, Chris Hero goes man to man with Vader without backing down, landing several hard forearm shots to the head that clearly begin to collectively effect Vader’s performance, the longer the match goes. Jim Cornette frequently gets involved to provide Vader with breaks any time Hero manages to string some offense together.
Cornette will try to get involved, but will be stopped by Hero and receive some comeuppance. The goal will be achieved however, as the distraction would lead to Hero’s loss.
Winner: Vader[/collapse]

Grudge Match for the Intercontinental Championship
KENTA (Champion)
-vs-
William Regal

[collapse=Notes5]What I would imagine to be a fantastic technical but also stiff match. A battle about sportsmanship and respect over KENTA’s Intercontinental championship. This was sparked when Regal knocked KENTA out with brass knuckles at the match contract signing after Regal became #1 contender. Regal goes as far as to frequently cheap-shot KENTA, and speaking against KENTA’s cultural style. To Regal, the UK produces the best wrestlers because they are tough, and learn to deal with rule breaking and what is necessary to survive in a fight.
KENTA will win the match using a Go-To-Sleep following having already subjected Regal to a flying knee, to be sold only the way Regal could sell it. Bringing an instant classic of a personally heated, high-stakes pro wrestling match, featuring stretches and knee strikes galore, to a close.
Winner: KENTA

The crowd is shown live footage on the Titantron, showing WWF Champion Bret Hart running down a hallway to the medical room. Stu Hart is seen there unconscious.
Bret trashes part of the room in frustration and storms out, yelling for Terry Funk. Funk is just outside the hall, calling to Bret in a taunting way. Bret cannot get to Funk however, due to a sea of referees and personnel between them. â€You son of a *****! You call yourself a real man! I’m going to make you quit!†Bret is heard yelling at Funk.
‘“See you in the ring later tonight, boy!†calls Funk as he exits the hallway. [/collapse]

Best 2 out of 3 Falls Match for the Tag-Team Championship
â€The Revivalâ€
Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder (Champions)
-vs-
Jay and Mark
â€The Briscoes “(with Jim Cornette)

[collapse=Notes6]Cornette offered The Revival to join his Camp following The Revival’s tag title win. The Revival would go on to refuse the offer and turn face. Cornette finds Jay and Mark Briscoe as replacements.
The Briscoes would enter a feud with The Revival acting as the new Camp Cornette members, but also from a point of being out to prove that they are the true Southern dominant tag-team. Just because they didn’t name themselves “The Revival†ain’t mean they ain’t the ones who truly revived tag-team wrestling.
The drama build would be huge, having fans being invested in the outcome and producing lots of arena noise. I imagine this might be the match on the card that would best lend itself to some juice. Cornette would be involved in the finish to give The Briscoes the win, and the tag team titles. Winners: The Briscoes (new tag champs)[/collapse]

Singles Match
“Mr. Perfectâ€
Curt Hennig
-vs-
Mankind

[collapse=Notes7]For weeks Mr. Perfect had been school yard bullying Mankind. Mocking and harassing Mankind about everything from his tattered shirt and tie to his foul smelling, leather mask. Mankind had pinned Hennig in tag-team action on a TV taping show and Perfect viciously assaulted Mankind.
“I did you fans and this industry a favor. It’s insulting to see Mankind even be allowed in the building, let alone make a mockery of my perfected profession inside this ring. You people shouldn’t be cheering for an average slob like Mankind. You should be cheering for something great than yourselves. Something Perfect. You should be cheering for me, god damn it!â€
Mr. Perfect learns a lesson in why you shouldn’t judge books by their covers. Mankind proved his worth through his mental toughness and endurance, making Perfect tap in disgust when he was unable to escape the Mr. Socko aided Mandible Claw.
Winner: Mankind [/collapse]

“I Quit†Match for the WWF Championship
Bret “Hitman†Hart (Champion)
-vs-
Terry Funk

[collapse=Notes8]Terry Funk makes his entrance with his father, Dory Sr. in the front row, ringside in the crowd. Fans are booing Terry Funk, until all of a sudden, they begin to cheer. Bret Hart comes flying out behind Funk, attacking him from behind.
From then on, the match goes through the crowd, the two men brawling and taking bumps on the arena’s concrete floors. Everything weapon around is used by Funk, while Bret elects to wrestle more.
Once in and around the ring there would be more showcasing of top-notch ring psychology and technical ability. Think Bret at his babyface prime (‘94/’95) against late 80s/early 90s Funk.
In envision the ending would include Stu Hart triumphantly returning to take care of Dory Dr. while Funk has Hart set up for a spinning toe hold in the corner. Hart kicks Funk off into the corner, where he is prone to being set up by Bret for the dreaded Figure-4 around the ring post. The move would be in for quite a while before Funk finally quits.
Winner: Bret Hart[/collapse]​

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Honestly.. I'd watch both PPVs back to back and enjoy them. Two different cards and two fun cards. Great stuff.

CC... I don't have words to express how much I appreciate your time each year. It's remarkable.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This one was really hard. I think Colepens has the better card, but Handsome has done such an excellent job of putting together a card I 100% buy as an In Your House that I'm going with him.

It takes another step where it feels like a show that could happen if that makes any sense.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
This one was really hard. I think Colepens has the better card, but Handsome has done such an excellent job of putting together a card I 100% buy as an In Your House that I'm going with him.

It takes another step where it feels like a show that could happen if that makes any sense.

That's what my plan was from the get go. I worried less about roster and more about the actual "pay per view show" aspect more.
Hats off to ColePens though. I paid attention to him during the draft and he had the option in the end to go with HBK vs Steamboat or Dynamite. Either option is phenomenal and HBK vs Steamboat could be the match of the entire god damn competition haha

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Very close. ColePens has the better collection of wrestlers, but HandsomeHollywood used what he has in a better way and got me more interested. I enjoy the In Your House concept and its execution.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
ColePens has a shot at winning the whole thing. I would've voted for HH against most other cards tho.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
ColePens:
Insane main event and I'd say the match I would most want to see of all the cards.
Edge and Owen would be a stellar match, but I also don't see much of a story there. Maybe renegade face Owen when he was briefly waging war with DX.
Never cared for Sting honestly, and McMahon wouldn't be enough to draw me in.
Christian vs Hideo Itami has show stealing potential.
Rusev's involvement in the ECW Championship is a tad underwhelming, including the lack of No DQ stipulation. Tazz was figured into my plans at one point, but he was gnabbed on me.
Tag match would be great, popcorn sports entertainment mixed with smart wrestling. I also intended to have the Bulldogs initially.
Ultimo and Nigel would be fantastic.
Don't care much for the opener, but I give it props as a gimmick.

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Another thing in Handsome's favor is I was not able to read his write up due to the tags not working on mobile for me for some reason, but the whole thing still felt extremely coherent just from the card itself.

Just did a great job constructing a solid and believable card.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
I was quite taken by two things on Hollywood's card:

1. KENTA vs Regal...I picture these things as the guys in their prime. And that would be my kind of match.

2. Miz vs Mike Awesome is so hysterical, I wish I had thought of that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad