WD Round 1: bruins309 vs Shoalzie

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
bruins309 presents...

World Series of Professional Wrestling

Five teams from the wrestling powers of the world battle for supremacy in a never seen before round robin tournament split between Los Angeles and Tokyo! Some of the greatest wrestlers in history from the United States, Canada, Mexico, Japan, and the European Union will do battle in this special two-night card. (Sponsored by section309.com!)

Rules:
All matches are 30 minute time limit
10 points for a win
5 points for a draw
0 points for a loss

Each team will have each of their four wrestlers go against a representative of one of the four other teams. The teams are:

USA: Kurt Angle, Greg Valentine, Stan Hansen, Jack Brisco
Canada: Rick Martel, Earthquake, Tyson Kidd, Gene Kiniski
European Union: Sheamus, Karl Gotch, Alex Wright, Otto Wanz
Japan: Genichiro Tenryu, Shinsuke Nakamura, Giant Baba, Hayabusa
Mexico: El Dandy, Manny Andrade, Negro Casas, Tito Santana

Show 1: Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA
Announcers: Mauro Ranallo and Corey Graves
Ring Announcer: Gary Michael Cappetta
Special ceremonial ring announcer: Joe McHugh

Special match before the show: Ken Patera vs Mr. Saito in a McDonald’s Parking Lot match at 2020 West Olympic Blvd in LA! Restaurant will be open after the match for those craving a burger, Kenny!
Opening match: Manny Andrade (Mexico) versus Hayabusa (Japan) – The young Andrade, now in NXT and better known as La Sombra in CMLL takes on the innovator of the Phoenix Splash
Match 2: Tyson Kidd (Canada) versus El Dandy (Mexico) – Kidd is well known for having married into the famous Hart family, who all consider Dandy to be a serious professional and a jam up guy. Dandy is considered the consensus best worker in the world for the year 1990.
Match 3: Jack Brisco (USA) versus Gene Kiniski (Canada) – One of America’s greatest wrestlers of the 1970s and a two time NWA World Champion takes on “Canada’s Greatest Athleteâ€, the longest reigning NWA World Champ of the 1960s.
Match 4: The Revival versus Too Cool – The popular Attitude Era duo take on the no-nonsense throwbacks of latter day NXT.
Match 5: Greg “The Hammer†Valentine (USA) versus Tito Santana (Mexico) – These two longtime rivals had one of the best feuds in 1980s WWF but now battle for national pride.
Main Event: Kurt Angle (USA) versus Karl Gotch (Euro) – The 1996 Olympic Gold Medalist faces perhaps his biggest challenge in Gotch, who is the godfather of Japanese wrestling and a 1948 Olympian in freestyle and Greco-Roman wrestling.

Show 2: Tokyo Dome, Tokyo Japan
Announcers: Mauro Ranallo and Corey Graves (Ranallo is used to calling Japan matches despite not being there)
Match 1: Rick Martel (Canada) versus Sheamus (Euro) - Former world champions collide as the Celtic Warrior takes on Rick Martel, out to prove he is more than just a Quebecois pretty boy.
Match 2: Giant Baba (Japan) versus Otto Wanz (Euro) – A battle of big men who also happen to be patriarchs of promotions: Baba of All Japan Pro Wrestling and Wanz of CWA in Europe.
Match 3: Alex Wright (Euro) versus Negro Casas (Mexico) – The underappreciated Das Wunderkind is out to prove himself against one of the greatest legends in Mexican wrestling history.
Match 4: Doug Furnas and Phil Lafon (Dan Kroffat) versus Hiroshi Hase and Kensuke Sasaki – Furnas and Lafon were the All Asia tag champions 4 times in the early 90s but Hase and Sasaki held the IWGP tag belts and are out to prove they are the best tag team in Japan from the era.
Match 5: Earthquake (Canada) versus Genichiro Tenryu (Japan) – Former sumos collide as the mighty Earthquake looks to take down Tenryu, Japanese legend of many promotions.
Main Event: Stan Hansen (USA) versus Shinsuke Nakamura (Japan) – The Strong Style King of the past meets the new King of Strong Style.

Shoalzie presents....

Commentary: Joey Styles & Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan

Pre-Show Matches:

No Disqualification / Falls Count Anywhere:
Justin Credible vs. Stevie Richards

Cruiserweight Championship Qualifier #1:
Eric Young vs. Shawn Daivari

Cruiserweight Championship Qualifier #2:
Sonjay Dutt (with SoCal Val) vs. Elix Skipper

Main Card:

Women's Championship Match:
Victoria (C) vs. Charlotte

Tag Team Championship Match:
Motor City Machine Guns (C) vs. The Wolves

Cruiserweight Championship Match:
Carlito (C) vs. Qualifier #1 Winner vs. Qualifier #2 Winner

Television Championship Match:
Nick Bockwinkel (with Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan) (C) vs. Larry Zbyszko

Tables/Ladders/Chairs (Winner Gets A Future Title Match Contract):
Samoa Joe vs. Christian vs. Roman Reigns vs. Ethan Carter III vs. I.R.S.

World Championship Match:
Triple H (C) vs. Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
This is a tough one as well. I like what Bruins has done, I was contemplating doing something similar to that because I wanted a global theme to my card but instead just opted to try to feature a lot of international clashes on my card.

But while I like the theme Bruins has going, I like the matches Shoalzie has on offer more.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Very creative booking by b309...I have no problem if that goes over my more traditional card.

I do think this is my best overall card compared to the previous two drafts we've done.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
My original idea before all this: I wanted to have a $50,000 Jobber Battle Royal with Horowitz, Stone, Lombardi, etc all based on this early 80s MSG battle royal that was mostly jobbers. But that probably only held appeal to me.

Very hard to only pick 4 US singles wrestlers. Stan Hansen was a guy I had to take at #70 because he's a guy I can drop into the Japan part of the card and he's a huge draw.

I do have results in mind for each match, but it's not much use putting it out there at this point.

And I was REALLY hoping that NXT would put Manny Andrade on TV by now because that looks like an esoteric pick unless you watch Mexico. (Lois, Manny Andrade isn't a food!)

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
My original idea before all this: I wanted to have a $50,000 Jobber Battle Royal with Horowitz, Stone, Lombardi, etc all based on this early 80s MSG battle royal that was mostly jobbers. But that probably only held appeal to me.

Very hard to only pick 4 US singles wrestlers. Stan Hansen was a guy I had to take at #70 because he's a guy I can drop into the Japan part of the card and he's a huge draw.

I do have results in mind for each match, but it's not much use putting it out there at this point.

And I was REALLY hoping that NXT would put Manny Andrade on TV by now because that looks like an esoteric pick unless you watch Mexico. (Lois, Manny Andrade isn't a food!)

I can confirm that La Sombra is awesome.
:thumbu:

GB

Mar 6, 2002
UK
Hansen vs Nakamura just gets bruins309 my vote but this is so close I almost didn't vote in this one.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad