GDT: WCSF | VII | "How The West Was Won" | Oilers @ Canucks | 5.20.24 | 7:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
No, I will not watch Saving Sakic.
I don't get it either. They make a big deal about the Rangers signing him to that offer sheet. So I guess the Avs finding the money "saved" Sakic? Lol Sakic signed that offer sheet to ditch the Avs for New York. Also, who cares?

• Haha
Reactions: Davo Ikinzom

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Nah. the longer it stays 0-0 the more chance Nucks something stupid out of this.

Wouldn't count on the bolded either.

We're dominating the game and need to get something for that. You know Nucks will play for 10mins in 3rd period. lol
I get what you're saying. But this was likely going to be a close game. The Oilers have outplayed Vancouver by a lot, and the Oilers clearly have another gear. Anything can happen, but I am more comfortable in the Oilers' chance of winning now than I was before the start of the game. Shilov doesn't look that good too (neither does Skinner).

Reactions: TB12

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
"Don't shoot the puck to where the goalie will be. Shoot it to where the goalie is now"

Connor Brown

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
I think all of that plays in Edmonton's favour. If things stay this way, the Canucks' only hope is that Skinner gives up a muffin. That's a shit strategy for game 7 in the playoffs. Canucks can't even get a shot on the PP. The Oilers are going to get a powerplay. If they score on it, it's all over for Vancouver as long as the D continue to insulate Skinner.
A PP now would help a lot.
On replay that was actually a really weird shot placement by Brown. Looked like he was aiming high 5 hole. Who aims high 5 hole?
Brown! lol. Just go high, stupid.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I know a 4 min pp to finish the period but Drai only 4 mins of ice time, Mcdavid 5 mins

Going to have to get those guys a lot more ice time in the last 2 periods

I think it's good to keep their minutes low until things get tighter. Particularly when the bottom 6 is playing well.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
You said they're straight garbage. I said that they've played well this game. Your response to my comment regarding their play this game is that there are no tangible results. No one has any tangible results this game, so by your reasoning, they must all be garbage.

The whole team is playing really well, so it's just weird to take time from watching a good game to call a line that is playing well "straight garbage".

They were caved for close to a minute in one of their shifts and McLeod took a stupid high sticking penalty which resulted in a 4 minute power play for Vancouver which could have crippled us. If you think the McLeod line has been exceptional in this game then I’m not sure what to tell you

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I get what you're saying. But this was likely going to be a close game. The Oilers have outplayed Vancouver by a lot, and the Oilers clearly have another gear. Anything can happen, but I am more comfortable in the Oilers' chance of winning now than I was before the start of the game. Shilov doesn't look that good too (neither does Skinner).
The issue is, if you don’t score in your outplaying time, your chances of winning drop.

Reactions: BlackDogg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad