GDT: WCSF | VI | "Because It's The Cusp" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.18.24 | 6:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
I can see why you would think they but I've come out and said no . I don't think the reffing tonight was one sided at all. Canucks just sucked. Jesus couldn't even saved them tonight.

Avs vs Dallas was the game i was talking about.
McJesus plays on the Oilers, stupid.

(/s if it’s not obvious)

Reactions: eviohh26

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Desperately need a dedicated powerplay coach
I think they did the Garland 1PP thing and it didn’t work well for some reason.

I live in Vancouver and legitimately no one is bothered by riot comments lmao

Okay what about Joshua on the first PP unit? Something has to give. It’s just not working. Hughes has to be injured, he’s just not playing great right now.

Reactions: petterdaddy

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Fair enough. Misunderstanding based on you posting that in this thread.
I think we both agree that Bettman doesn't care if a Canadian team wins. It wont make as much money. Flames got robbed in the cup finals . More money to be made when teams in the states win. If Oilers or Canucks were to win the cup there will hardly bring any new hockey fans in either city. Dallas or Florida win. Much better for growing the game.

That's my conspiracy theory at least.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
I think we both agree that Bettman doesn't care if a Canadian team wins. It wont make as much money. Flames got robbed in the cup finals . More money to be made when teams in the states win. If Oilers or Canucks were to win the cup there will hardly be any new hockey fans in either city. Dallas or Florida win. Much better for growing the game.

I don’t think the league is competent enough to pull off that level of favouritism tbh. Their divisions are just designed to end up with the fewest Canadian teams

Hey that’s not fair they won a cup in… 1915.
I’ll have you know that was the Millionaires and they’re not the same team. We also don’t talk about those jerseys they are very cursed from the indoor outdoor game in 2014

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Okay what about Joshua on the first PP unit? Something has to give. It’s just not working. Hughes has to be injured, he’s just not playing great right now.

Problem with the Canucks PP is they don't go high to low enough, always try to create up high & when they lack confidence they overpass.

Losing Horvat in the bumper took a go-to play away aswell which they haven't recovered from imo

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
I think we both agree that Bettman doesn't care if a Canadian team wins. It wont make as much money. Flames got robbed in the cup finals . More money to be made when teams in the states win. If Oilers or Canucks were to win the cup there will hardly bring any new hockey fans in either city. Dallas or Florida win. Much better for growing the game.

In 10-15 years, we'll see high level players from Las Vegas. Book it

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I think we both agree that Bettman doesn't care if a Canadian team wins. It wont make as much money. Flames got robbed in the cup finals . More money to be made when teams in the states win. If Oilers or Canucks were to win the cup there will hardly be any new hockey fans in either city. Dallas or Florida win. Much better for growing the game.

100% in agreement.

I fully expect that the NHL will announce that the WCF will start on Wednesday.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
I don’t think the league is competent enough to pull off that level of favouritism tbh. Their divisions are just designed to end up with the fewest Canadian teams
That's what the Matrix wants you to believe. It's all part of the plan :sarcasm:

I've had enough for the night. Well played Oilers. Canucks I have nothing positive to say.

Catch ya nerds tomarrow and game 7! LETS GO .

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
100% in agreement.

I fully expect that the NHL will announce that the WCF will start on Wednesday.
They already announced its Thursday

Draisaitl is 6'3 200+ & Garland is 5'8 170, Garland isn't expecting to get hit because he's coming onto the ice well away from the puck & not eligible to be hit.

It's a clear infraction by Draisaitl I don't know what to tell you
“5’8” yah… let’s go with that.

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
guys garland definitely dives let’s be real here. He’s annoying and very good at being a pest but he does like to dress it up. It’s not that big of a deal people are acting like he prefers to punch kittens.

Reactions: zar

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
guys garland definitely dives let’s be real here. He’s annoying and very good at being a pest but he does like to dress it up. It’s not that big of a deal people are acting like he prefers to punch kittens.
Truth. And I don’t blame him. In Bettman’s league with shitty officiating, how could you not?

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
Draisaitl is 6'3 210+ & Garland is 5'8 170, Garland isn't expecting to get hit because he's coming onto the ice well away from the puck & not eligible to be hit.

It's a clear infraction by Draisaitl I don't know what to tell you
Draisaitl is not 6'3.

Garland made a ballerina move before flopping to the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad