GDT: WCSF | VI | "Because It's The Cusp" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.18.24 | 6:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
"So are the Oilers going to win tonight?"

giphy.gif

No doubt about it...all the pressure is on Edmonton tonight.

Reactions: Summer Rose

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I think people are allowed to roast ESPN for 1/25 picking the Canucks when more picked the Kings to beat Edmonton.
In a vacuum sure, this is hardly the only instance of Vancouver fans doing something along these lines. It's been this way since 2010, most recently this season.

Everyone knows ESPN has no idea what they're talking about

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
In a vacuum sure, this is hardly the only instance of Vancouver fans doing something along these lines. It's been this way since 2010, most recently this season.

We have been shit on and doubted all year. We have a chip on our shoulders .

Predicted to be at the bottom of the division to start the season .
Predicted to be unsustainable and will fall off as the season goes.
Predicted to be the most likely team to be upset in the 1st round
Predicted to get stomped out in 4-5 games by the Oilers.
IF WE WIN and go to the next round everyone is predicting us to get destroyed by the Stars.

Not sure I'd call us insecure but we certainly are proving the haters wrong and throwing it in their faces.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018

Eh, I think most Canucks fans wouldn't be acting the way they are if they were playing any team other than Edmonton, most were just happy to be here in the Preds series.

Oiler fans were enemy #1 for coming into every Canuck related thread, or mainboard GDT to talk about how the Canucks are frauds, PDO, they'll never win the division, they'll lose in r1, the Oilers will get revenge etc.

I also think it's pretty normal for fans of a breakout team to want to be taken seriously. It's also normal for others to be skeptical, but Oilers were by far the worst, and downright delusional at times.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
The aim for tonight isn’t to win the game.

The aim is to compete, to minimize the damage on the PK ( the refs will call a ridiculous amount of penalties against the Canucks) and to shoot on skinner every chance they get.

Losing the game just means it's a best of 1 Game 7 at home, great place to be for the underdog.

Winning would just be gravy.

Spoken like a true winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad