GDT: WCSF | VI | "Because It's The Cusp" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.18.24 | 6:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
First and foremost big 48 sec to kill the penalty then big 5 mins. Do NOT let them get momentum or score. Boys will need to play a very mature third to close it out. Would love another goal but you SHOULD be able to win 3-1. I’m anxious lol
Agreed. Nucks will push. We need to respond. Start with a huge PK then stay smart and disciplined to close this out.

Macheteops

Apr 13, 2005
Start reviewing dives after the games. $5000 fine for the first offence followed with 1 game suspension for the second offence. You'd significantly reduce the diving

They could call embellishment during the game but things happen so fast you could definitely get it wrong some

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I f***in said YEARS ago that diving is the new meta in the NHL. Could have seen this coming from a mile away when the League let the Avs dive their way to a Cup.

The refs in this league are f***in stupid. If you ain’t diving to fool them, you aren’t doing everything you can to win in Bettman’s league. Simple as that. It’s not about honor of the players, it’s about the incompetence of the league officiating.
When was the last time an embellishment penalty was called on its own? Like never? Start giving out multiple diving penalties by themselves and I think the diving would slow down.

29Beast97Mode

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
Ok kiddo is in bed. Can tune in for the third. Let’s go get this. More bouch bombs please
8kvpif.jpg

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
When was the last time an embellishment penalty was called on its own? Like never? Start giving out multiple diving penalties by themselves and I think the diving would slow down.
This is right here. It will stop real quick. The first year they do will be weird but the players will figure it out

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
This is about the least intense elimination game I've ever seen. Oilers checked out in first and Nucks don't care in 2nd.

not sure if its both teams being sick but what an awful level of play.

These teams are basically battling to get a Death sentence in Dallas.

Just something missing in this game.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Bouchard will be KEY to any chance we have at keeping McDrai. Need to keep that in mind as Toronto sports media takes any opportunity to bring him down.

This is about the least intense elimination game I've ever seen. Oilers checked out in first and Nucks don't care in 2nd.

Execution is not on the level of Dallas-Colorado games. But I think the effort is there.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton

I always found it dumb they call both. It’s either a dive or it isn’t why call a dive and a hook hack or trip? If the guy dove it should be the only call period.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012

It really has looked like an AHL series compared to the Dallas series.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021

Execution is off not sure this team looks so out of sorts in such big games

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It really has looked like an AHL series compared to the Dallas series.
I'm reminded of WHA. Strangely. That Hyman goal, being ramped by the Nucks D right into own net. Thats a WHA type goal. lol. Just very little going on in the game. When the shots were 4-4 I thought I was watching the Nashville series again. my lord.

Reactions: RattsSSV

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Canucks never miss a chance to make mcdavid and drai feel a hit.

I am so fed up with nothing being done to Hughes and Pettersson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad