GDT: WCSF | VI | "Because It's The Cusp" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.18.24 | 6:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
So take this for what it's worth, and Mods can DM me if they want. I can confirm, from what I've heard, there IS a Flu going through the team.

Explains, some what, the effort last game and McDavid's lack of legs. It's not meant as an excuse, just a thing happening.

You can tell just listening to interviews. Go back to Eklhoms last interview or listen to Cecis from yesterday. They sound sick

Ekholm having to change early kind of snowballed into the GWG last game because Nurse was lost when he came onto the ice

They've also pulled Ekholm early a few times in the last couple games, I recall Kulak getting an Ozone draw with Bouchard unexpectedly

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
So take this for what it's worth, and Mods can DM me if they want. I can confirm, from what I've heard, there IS a Flu going through the team.

Explains, some what, the effort last game and McDavid's lack of legs. It's not meant as an excuse, just a thing happening.
I think I've contracted Stu Flu but I don't think its the same thing.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
You can tell just listening to interviews. Go back to Eklhoms last interview or listen to Cecis from yesterday. They sound sick

Ekholm having to change early kind of snowballed into the GWG last game because Nurse was lost when he came onto the ice

They've also pulled Ekholm early a few times in the last couple games, I recall Kulak getting an Ozone draw with Bouchard unexpectedly
Yeh Ekholms lack of stamina in his state has already hurt us. Weird early change on that goal.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

Yeah there was that shot of Ekholm and Ceci on the bench just looking exhausted, too bad they've been hit by this.

Reactions: sepHF

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Then spare us your negative bullshit. The Oilers have mostly outplayed the Canucks in this series and our first two losses were almost entirely down to Skinner.
And the org has no problem in giving him the reigns again tonight? Figure that out lol. Gotta throw Pickard under the bus after his great play in 2 games., but we also can't hurt Skinner's feelings any longer!? I mean this org is in the bizarre world

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
3263454-impliedfacepalm.jpg

Also a backhanded comment at Pickard because he’s the only reason there is a game 6 today.

Pickard is the back up. His role has been to be a stable force when the starter needs a day or two off.

He came in and did his job perfectly. Now it's Skinner's turn to come in and be lights out for us like we've seen before.

Reactions: sepHF

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton

Ok, don't name names, but you have to be a bit more specific about your source to be credible.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Ok, don't name names, but you have to be a bit more specific about your source to be credible.
It is from someone who's not management in the organization, not directly, but through people, I have NO reason not to believe them and I don't see any reason for them to lie (but I'm not them lol)

Reactions: The Moose

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Yesterday I thought this Skinner talk was just some nonsense being spun. Today I’m pissed right off, how the hell can this organization be taken seriously?

Reactions: FiveFourteenSixOne

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
Best fans, best GMs and best coaches wink thingy…

Melt down if we won and lost and then went with Skinner in GM 7.

This cup or bust reminder doesn’t sound too good. Tells me money won’t matter.

Expect them to be at their best! Go gettem boys!

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
It’s flat out stupid to start Skinner. Almost feels like throwing the game away.

Like statistically what are the chances Stu even has a .900 sv% today? Like 30%? Seems a bit risky for a must win game. Also a slap in the face to Pickard.

I was feeling a little confident too, teams been in every game and they’re at home in a must win game, so the effort should be there. But this is just handicapping the team.

I definitely want a new GM, Holland please go to Columbus. But this is making me want a new coach, if this fails I walk away from Knob and I have not been critical of him so far.

f***…

LETS GO OILERS

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
So if the Oilers go out, then it means another year where the high paid superstars are gone early.

The well balanced teams are the ones who go further.

This makes sense due to how the games are called in the playoffs. They slash, hack, cross-check, charge, trip, etc. the stars. One team has their 12 milion dollar player beat on while the well-balanced team has their cheaper stars targeted. Win/win for the cheaper stars team. An unfortunate side effect of the cap is that Superstars may not win a cup for a while with the current rules.

The last goal McDavid scored he was hacked/tripped and subsequently crashed heavily into the boards. No call. Assaulted by two goons after the game? One game suspension. Draisaitl? He probably doesn't have much of a back left due to all the illegal cross checks.

No wonder they are injured. No wonder they might not win a cup. They rarely make it to the end of the second round healthy.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
It is from someone who's not management in the organization, not directly, but through people, I have NO reason not to believe them and I don't see any reason for them to lie (but I'm not them lol)
It's been mentioned in the media as well, would explain the lack of energy a lot of our guys had last game. Hopefully they can gut it out tonight.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018

Hey Connor, please don’t play that “game we played all season”, especially the one that the team played starting in game 1 in October (against these same yokels) and early November.

I’m not sure his choice of words instils the confidence he was intending.

:)

Reactions: frag2

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Anyone else annoyed with the narrative around our team compared to Vancouver? I get that the odds makers had Edmonton as the favorite but the Canucks won the division. Then on top of that the fans complain about how they don't have their starting goaltenders, like Silovs didn't stand on his head? McDavid has some sort of upper body injury, Draisaitl and Kane playing through injuries, Ekholm with his illness and Henrique hasn't played all series.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
It’s flat out stupid to start Skinner. Almost feels like throwing the game away.

Like statistically what are the chances Stu even has a .900 sv% today? Like 30%? Seems a bit risky for a must win game. Also a slap in the face to Pickard.

I was feeling a little confident too, teams been in every game and they’re at home in a must win game, so the effort should be there. But this is just handicapping the team.

I definitely want a new GM, Holland please go to Columbus. But this is making me want a new coach, if this fails I walk away from Knob and I have not been critical of him so far.

f***…

LETS GO OILERS
They signed Knob to a multi year contract day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad