Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Huh. How about that.

A Kraken fan went with the Canucks. Sadly, the other twenty three pundits favoured the Oilers.

Should I continue debating whether the Oilers are favoured? No, I shouldn't.

But I'll have to, won't l?

GM2GEY5XcAIqPCR
I've never heard of most of the people on that list, although I think Sean Allen is my mailman.

ESPN also had the Canucks missing the playoffs.

Last edited:

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Sure. Support your team I get it.
Even if it means making lots of lame excuses as to why you finished lower in the standings.
That’s the nature of fandom. An inability to see the big holes in your own team.
Should be an even series between two even teams that finished one-two in the Pacific but who both are not top contenders.
Could come down to home ice advantage which the Canucks certainly earned this year.
As for you seeing things more sober, I doubt very much that you were sober when you wrote that post. 😆
Im not making any excuses about regular season what i can see?

But i can, Oilers had a horrible start to the sesson, losing to everyone, then a coach change ändå the pieces fell to the right place. Think we where much better then the Nucks the second half.

But again, enjoy your division win, will have a calming effekt on the media and fans after the exit.

Thought that you who have been around för while understands that regular season doesnt matters(ask the Leafs).

Yes every team has flaws, our has been goalie, still the weakest link, but Stu looks more confident in the new system. Ceci playing to high up.

Ep40 is dry as a dessert after the signing, maybe playing true a injury.

Miller your savior isnt enough , Boeser who Nucks fans wanted gone for years will do the trick?

Saw QH get manhandle against Predators alot of times, a great player(regular), but i doubt hes a playoff leader, way to smallish and not strong enough yet, great in pp though. Who will lead this team in Tthe next serie?

Oilers have McD and Ekholm to take the charge, Rnh has also qualitys to step up, Nurse has that extra gear to put in, hasnt showed it yet in this playoff. Hyman a 50 g warrior.

We took Vegas to 6 despite our Goaltending and we are a much better team this season with a new system under a new coach.

Nucks is only stronger in the goal, which are a really important position, but think we could score us out of trouble if Stu breaks down a bit. This round but not the next.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I think the Canucks can make a series with the Oilers. I even said back in like March that this is all probably lining up to the Oilers spanking the Canucks in round one. I was off by a round, oh no.

The thing is, we're down 2 of our goalies and are in a position no one expected us to be in. The fact that they've managed to play solidly against top teams all season means that they can hang and have a chance.

The fact that Demko is out combined with the unexpected season they had means, yes, the team has nothing to lose.

Like, either the Oilers are a good team and the Canucks beating them means something (it doesn't, because....'regular season doesn't matter', 'McDavid was out', 'early season is different from mid-season', 'the sun was in our eyes', etc.) or folks are so fixated on such a nothing opponent that it's a little unhealthy.

With Demko out and the McDavid factor (ie, he's a generational talent who can 'take over a series'), the advantage is to the Oilers. I'm hoping my team takes that perception and uses it as bulletin board material going into the series.

As I've said all season long: I've just been enjoying the ride.
You're awesome.

Me, I am . . . not

That's just facts, but people will lose their shit saying it's all theoretical

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Link, please. I read the Canucks board pretty frequently and I haven't really seen mention of this 'special system.'

Again, my comment was about how the Oilers board was fixated on the Canucks this year.
Just search PDO on the Canucks. Lots of threads on it in the main boards.

And for someone that claims to have knowledge of everything Oilers fans are talking about as you are making the claim they are relentlessly fixating on the Canucks, its kind of strange that you aren't aware of a common Canucks fan talking point.

Maybe you are spending too much time relentless fixating on what Oilers fans are saying if you know what those fans are saying better than that of your own fanbase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad