Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I agree. However Edmonton somehow managed to luck its way into a 4-1 lead and skinner needs to be your best player at that point. Instead he was their absolute worst.
Bullshit, with a 4-1 lead you need your defenceman to shut it down, not leave every lane wide open. Skinner was left to dry with zero support

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Outside of Ekholm the entire D corps was a complete ghost

Bouchard was statistically quite good, however he was stapled to Ekholm. However yes, I got a lot of flack for calling out EDM 5v5 stats in the playoffs before r2g1 but the Oilers continued to be complete dog shit from all angles without the powerplay.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Bouchard was statistically quite good, however he was stapled to Ekholm. However yes,, I got a lot of flack for calling out EDM 5v5 stats in the playoffs before r2g1 but the Oilers continued to be complete dog shit from all angles without the powerplay.
Statistically good, but he really wasn’t a factor in the game. For good or bad, he was just there

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
I agree. However Edmonton somehow managed to luck its way into a 4-1 lead and skinner needs to be your best player at that point. Instead he was their absolute worst.

Skinner wouldn't have to do that if the team in front of him could pressure a potential scoring chance to the outside and not let the Canucks run the table in SCF and HDSCF

Nurse - Ceci was out SA'd 9-20, and out USA'd 7-16
McDavid's line was out SA'd 8-10, and USA'd 7-9
Drai's line was out SA'd 4-7, and USA'd 2-4
McLeod's line was 5-6 and 4-5

edit: yes, Skinner was bad, but the Oilers were one of the best 5v5 teams in the league all season, but since the playoffs started they're complete shit.

15th in Corsi
12th in xG
15th in Fenwick
14th in xGD
4th in PDO
1st in S%

Last edited:

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
You solved the riddle in your first sentence “lucked their way to a 4-1 lead”, luck just ran out

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
It starts with the Canucks getting mocked when someone mentions there is a chance they could win. I got laughed at when I said: Fear The Orca. The Canucks even got called the Deranged Oreo Dolphins, which I must admit, is hilarious.

Then the Canucks won Game 1 and Oilers fans are making excuses to how the Canucks seemed to have 'got lucky'. I expect to get laughed at when I say again: Fear The Orca.

It will be far more hilarious if the Oilers do get knocked out of the playoffs by anything that's Deranged, an Oreo or a Dolphin, but to possibly get beaten by all three at once? I wouldn't be laughing, I would be concerned.

So my friends, do take heed and Fear The Orca.

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Was a nice comeback win for Van in the opener, but I expect the Oilers to come out hard next game. This series is just getting started.

The scapegoating of Skinner is pretty funny though (especially when the Canucks could have made the same excuses). Oilers were completely dominated in the 2nd half, and Vancouver scoring "lucky goals", is pretty BS. Oilers got lucky bounces on 2 goals off Canuck players, while Lindholm's goal was the only lucky one for Van. Joshua's goal was a carom off the boards and out the other side - a regular occurrence and very difficult for goalies to stop. Miller's goal was a sweet deflection. Zadorov's 1-timer bomb was somewhat similar to, but better than Ekholm's standing still clapper. Then Garland's winner... Skinner has to challenge the initial slapper (actually a nice fake by Garland), then move left to readjust. That adjustment is what opened him up, and it was a sneaky good goal. Oilers fans coping with getting dominated by trying to take any credit away from Vancouver. Oiler's collapse had a lot to do with Vancouver taking over the game. Oilers will be better in game 2, but so will Van.

Game 2 will probably be another wild game.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Silovs just needs to be a bit better and I think the Canucks can win this series.

If the Oilers can win game 2, this is a different series going back to Edmonton. Vancouver isn’t out of the woods by any means.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
It starts with the Canucks getting mocked when someone mentions there is a chance they could win. I got laughed at when I said: Fear The Orca. The Canucks even got called the Deranged Oreo Dolphins, which I must admit, is hilarious.

Then the Canucks won Game 1 and Oilers fans are making excuses to how the Canucks seemed to have 'got lucky'. I expect to get laughed at when I say again: Fear The Orca.

It will be far more hilarious if the Oilers do get knocked out of the playoffs by anything that's Deranged, an Oreo or a Dolphin, but to possibly get beaten by all three at once? I wouldn't be laughing, I would be concerned.

So my friends, do take heed and Fear The Orca.
Canucks definitely can win this series and if the Oiler don’t improve they will finish this off early but Fear The Orca is a legitimately funny way to phrase it

Reactions: Brookbank
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad