Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Is there any doubt McDavid comes up HUGE in game 7?

I mean, is there a bigger guarantee than this?

(not a jinx post...so do not go there...I'll put my money where my mouth is)

Reactions: Iggys Dome

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
Curious what this will do to the lines. Maybe just put Miller with Garland and Joshua

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Hope the best for Boeser. That's a really shitty reason to have to miss a game 7 (and potentially more playoff games if they pull it out without him).

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Skinner scares me. You just don’t know what you are going to get. Sometimes he’s great and a lot of the time in the playoffs at least, absolutely terrible. He’s so inconsistent. He could shut out the Canucks or let in 6. You have no idea. That’s why I truly don’t think he’s a #1.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Hopefully Boeser is alright sooner than later.

Tough break. Hope your team doesn’t rally around around this.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Boeser has been an oiler killer. Huge loss. Canucks still have a lot guys to make up for it so I wouldn’t say they are done but some have to step up and but that still just a brutal loss.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Damn. That’s a big loss for the Canucks. Pretty much the series right there.

No, stop with this stuff. The Canucks still have a formidable team worthy of respect. I hope the Oilers feel the same or they'll get cooked like they did in Game 5.

In any event, wishing Boeser the best. He's had some real bad luck with injuries and now this.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
On a lighter note, I think Garland has been the Nucks best player. Super gritty too, look at this epic battle he had with the linesman.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Guys…Canucks fans…I hope Brock is healthy as soon as possible and glad to hear it’s nothing life threatening and but your rallying cry…

#WinItForBrock is lame.

What about - #BrockIt2TheWin or #LetsBrockTheOilers

Reactions: M2Beezy

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Canucks have preached the whole "greater than the sum of their parts" thing all year. Somebody will be able to step in and be at least serviceable. Somebody getting elevated into Boeser's spot may open the door for the Oilers 3rd or 4th lines to finally do something, though.

Reactions: PuckG

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I think we can all agree.

We fans deserve to see Zadorov and Kane finally throw down this series after all that back and forth
Kane doesn’t need to, nor should he fight Zadorov.

6’6” 248 lbs
Vs.
6’2” 218 lbs

4” and 30 lbs is a huge difference.

To put it in perspective, from a
size comparison, that’s like Evander Kane fighting Pius Suter.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
What I'm saying is regardless of what happens in game 7, the decisions for the Canucks are unlikely to change; whereas if the Oilers lose in round 2 again, there will be bigger decisions on what to do going forward. I'm not insulting the Oiler organization or its players, I'm pointing the obvious differences both these organizations face ahead of game 7 - cup or bust vs. house money.

As far as Vancouver's CAP moving forward there is less worry in Vancouver than there has been in the last 10 years. Patrik Alvin has had a fantastic year with an overachieving storyline. This management group has shown good tact and ability to pro scout. The team has a ton of CAP space available so whomever they decide to keep, chase, qualify, buyout, trade, etc isn't really what worries Canuck fans. There is more concern in Edmonton with Ken Holland.
That's fair. I'm just saying its not like this season is just the start of the Canucks trying to contend. Their depth is likely to take a massive hit next season and a lot of their big name guys are either about to start massive contracts or are going to be in the next 2 years which even further cuts into their depth which at the moment is the biggest strength of this team. Without really good depth the Canucks don't have some spectacular stars that shine above other contenders stars. Obviously this is a massive year for the Oilers and might have huge implications on what happens with McDavid and Draisaitl going forward, but this is also a pretty massive year for Vancouver who probably won't get this same opportunity again in the next few years.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Canucks have preached the whole "greater than the sum of their parts" thing all year. Somebody will be able to step in and be at least serviceable. Somebody getting elevated into Boeser's spot may open the door for the Oilers 3rd or 4th lines to finally do something, though.
We have? Weird. Sounds made up to me. We have said next man up because that's all you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad