WCSF | Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | Round 2 - FIGHT!

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

It’s official, bring on the Oilers!

1714790122557.png

IMG_0045.jpegIMG_0047.jpeg

Oiler Killers:
Quinn Hughes - 25GP, 3G, 19A, 22Pts
JT Miller - 32GP, 11G, 23A, 34Pts
Brock Boeser - 31GP, 16G, 11A, 27Pts

Season Series:
October 11, 2023
Vancouver def. Edmonton - 8-1

October 14, 2023
Vancouver def. Edmonton - 4-3

November 6, 2023
Vancouver def. Edmonton - 6-2

April 13, 2024
Vancouver def. Edmonton 3-1

Last edited:

lawrence

May 19, 2012

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
These Oilers are still a confident bunch......in today's post-practice scrums, they steadfastly maintain that if they play way they did in the second and third periods of last night's game, they'll inevitably come out on top.

I guess they have a point though. How long can the Canucks keep being badly out-shot and giving up oodles of d-zone time, before the worm turns in this series? Can they win two more games playing this way?

I suppose it's possible, if Silovs stands on his head. But the Canucks are going to have to come up with their best game of these playoffs tomorrow night to emerge with a result.

Reactions: Indiana

lawrence

May 19, 2012
There is some insane numerously shit going on right now! here me out.

The last time the :rangerswon their first 7 playoff games was in 1994. :eek3:
The last time the :nuckscame back down by 3 goals to win a game was in 1994 😱

When the :rangerswon their cup in 1994, if was after a 54-year drought. :eek2:

If the :nuckswin a cup this year, if will be after 54 years of their existence :eek3::eek3:😱😱

ok getting ahead of myself.

we have sean Avery on our side. wtf. lol!!!!!

Britton

Nov 28, 2008
Miller's face describing the Canucks when he got here lmao. He was so confused about what they were doing just like we all were.

Reactions: Vector

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
If your gonna do that why breakup a perfectly good line and another that has shown magic before.

EP Miller Boeser
Joshua Lindholm Garland
This does not work. I don’t get why everyone wants to see it. We might see it for a shift or two. They haven’t played well all year except for that east coast road trip where they went on that PDO bender.

Reactions: MS

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
That Johnny Bower poke-check by Silovs on Kane is trending both on social media and the network highlight packages.

And I mean why not?.....the kid had to race 30 feet out of his net to reach the puck and then whipped it off the glass and out....Just about every other goalie, including Demko, would have been stapled to their crease hoping that somehow to make a save.

This kid has balls of steel to pull off that play in such a huge game. No hesitation or lack of confidence. Just a brilliant hockey play from a guy who's in a zone right now.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
So it's a best of 3 now. All hands on deck and no passengers has to be the approach from the boys. As a whole we still have a lot more depth than them but the depth needs to chip in at least goal a game - Teddy, Laff, EP, Hog, Hronek and Mik.

Unrealistic for BB, JT, Dak, Garland and Lindholm to do all the lifting. Gut check time for a lot of players.

EDIT: I am assuming the same convo is being had by the Oilers coaching staff. The 'depth' players are causing massive strain on the top players. Both teams are suffering from the same scoring issue.

The team with the players who step up win. Its as simple as that.

Last edited:

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
I'm having a ton of fun with this series.

I mean we are giving the Oilers all they can handle here and there's a good chance we win this series with their hopes on Pickard; and us having a 2 home game advantage.

I know it will be insanely stressful but would be a bit of a shame if this series doesn't go 7.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
The media, and one of them sounds like Elliotte Friedman, are just brutal towards Petey, and he's clearly not happy about it and I don't blame him one bit. He's hit a rough patch and he knows that better than anyone.

Does that sound like Friedman to anyone else? I really feel for Peetey here and I want to smack Friedman upside the head.

Last edited:
Reactions: mossey3535

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
The media, and one of them sounds like Elliotte Friedman, are just brutal towards Petey, and he's clearly not happy about it and I don't blame him one bit. He's hit a rough patch and he knows that better than anyone.

Does that sound like Friedman to anyone else? I really feel for Peetey here and I want to smack Friedman upside the head.

That's Farhan Lalji.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015

I'm starting to think that it's a mental health issue for him. Dude just sounded defeated. Voice and body language.

Like, this is bad even when considering the typical ennui that Scandinavians are born with.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I'm starting to think that it's a mental health issue for him. Dude just sounded defeated. Voice and body language.

Like, this is bad even when considering the typical ennui that Scandinavians are born with.

I've wondered this too at times but it's a dangerous thing to speculate on.

Plus I think we've all probably worked with people who don't really love their jobs that much and kind of mail it in at work and aren't necessarily 'mentally ill'. I think it's probably more likely that Pettersson wasn't really happy in Vancouver and wanted to leave and that he felt pressured to re-sign and is now just kind of miserable and wishing he was somewhere else. And you don't have to have clinical depression or be bipolar for that to be the case.

That the absolute death spiral in his play seems to time from the contract extension seems significant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad