GDT: WCSF | V | "Engage!" | Oilers @ Canucks | 5.16.24 | 8:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Line 4 is having a great game. 1 goal on 3 shots and yeoman PK work. Bad news is the story Line 1 3 shots and hugely ineffective. PP has been stunned by aggressive PK but as much as putting soft passes into poor areas that get easy clears. Some of the bumbling near blue line between McDavid and Bouchard is lucky to not go the other way.

Can't win if you don't score. Oiler outplayed but a gross high danger turnover turned this into a tie game.

Reactions: lopper and Ibanez

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
I dunno man. Nerves? Panicked? These f***ing Canucks have no battery, they just run off straight electricity and it’s like they have an endless supply of energy.
I truly believe the Oilers have zero confidence at all right now. When they do, it can be dissipated with one bad play.

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
If the Oilers win, they can f*** right off when they jump on the yay Canada bandwagon. Know if the Canucks win, I'll be off it.
I’d be on that Bandwagon if Canucks actually had more than like 2 Canadians on it. Canadas team my ass.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
We need a steal. Needed one in LA too. We can do it though, tie game going into the 3rd.
Skinner’s best game of his career. Oil had no business winning that one. Hopefully Pickard tore a strip off them in the intermission and told them all to stop f***ing the dog and standing around

millax

Dec 24, 2005
There should be mandatory relaxation training required to post in a playoff game day thread. Everyone needs to do some box breathing.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Feels like that's a coaching / leadership thing, I dunno. They have to come out with some energy this period
To me it feels like a war of adjustments. Whatever the Nucks tweeked really worked. Often, it takes a full reset between periods for the other team to respond.

We've seen this with a lot of teams this playoffs

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
If McDavid is the best in the league, an all time great, these are the times he has to step up and carry the team to a win. 2-2 series, everything on the line. Pull a Michael Jordan, strap the team on with your play and leadership and win the game ffs

The guy in your avatar and a fair few others on his longest tenured team were able to do it

Reactions: Salvaged Ship

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
If skinner was in the net we'd be down by 5
Does anybody even doubt we would be down by multiple goals. I guarantee Skinner would've let that Miller PP across the crease play in. Handful of other spectacular saves by Pickard. My deepest worry is we somehow lose tonight and then the team goes back to Skinner. That would be sad. Pickard is totally deserving the net and the team decides to play one of its worst games in 2024.

Reactions: rboomercat90
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad