GDT: WCSF | V | "Engage!" | Oilers @ Canucks | 5.16.24 | 8:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
It’s really over the top tonight. Virtually every feature is focused on the nucks with a side of what thy need to do to win (and, oh yeah, commiserating with Van coaches about the penalties)
Yah agreed, the Oilers don't deserve much praise but the nuck love fest is gross. Just beat these f***ers and then I'm sure these guys will just stare blankly at each other for 10 mins.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
McDavid has been awful, but we know he can turn it on after being brutal for a period.
Then he can prove it with whatever on his line. Don’t potentially drag Drai down like that.

Rob Brown with an excellent point on Ched. He said he doesn’t understand why the Oilers aren’t dumping it in and forcing these big slow defensemen to turn around and chase it into the corner. Instead, they are trying to beat these d men who have long reach at the blue line.
Cause they aren’t well coached.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Tocheet would yell at the cashier and call the manager over a grape falling out of the bag

f***ing Karen...
IMG_4786.gif

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Just to really hammer home the Sportsnet bias - they didn't even talk about the too many men on the Canucks before the DiGussepe goal.

Literally Joshua started going to the box on his own and stopped playing before the linesman pushed him off the ice.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Rob Brown with an excellent point on Ched. He said he doesn’t understand why the Oilers aren’t dumping it in and forcing these big slow defensemen to turn around and chase it into the corner. Instead, they are trying to beat these d men who have long reach at the blue line.
Exactly what we did on the Kane forecheck turned Bouch game winner. Force these Nucks D to make mistakes.

Reactions: soothsayer

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
That does make sense, although I recall us dumping pucks early in the series and it mostly amounted to a giveaway. They managed to move the puck the other way quick

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
But they've looked good most of the rest of the playoffs

So what gives?

I dunno man. Nerves? Panicked? These f***ing Canucks have no battery, they just run off straight electricity and it’s like they have an endless supply of energy.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
This team hates giving up posession. They need to simplify their game in the 3rd and do as Brown suggested since whatever they're doing is not working tonight.

Reactions: TB12

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Yah agreed, the Oilers don't deserve much praise but the nuck love fest is gross. Just beat these f***ers and then I'm sure these guys will just stare blankly at each other for 10 mins.

If the Oilers win, they can f*** right off when they jump on the yay Canada bandwagon. Know if the Canucks win, I'll be off it.

Reactions: TB12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad