GDT: WCSF | V | "Engage!" | Oilers @ Canucks | 5.16.24 | 8:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Can’t be much worse than the second period they just played… need our best players to take over. Maybe overload Connor and Leon and have them play most of the period again.
I mean, they can absolutely be worse and we have seen them do it. Lol

scotchtapejr

Dec 28, 2018
Had to miss the 2nd period, and judging from the stats tonight it looks as though the Canucks are throwing everything they have at the Oil, though with less success than they'd probably like.

Oh well, all teams play shit periods; the scoreboard says that it's a tie game heading into the 3rd. Time to see if this team is ready to show the mettle of a true contender.
Bro. So jealous of you.

• Haha
Reactions: McSomnii

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
When the team doesn't improve year after year in the playoffs, is that not on the leadership? I genuinely don't know anymore
GM built the team, it’s on him in my opinion. Can’t force chemistry and this team looked like it was the first time they played with each other in that second

Reactions: lopper

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I don't know but no one on the team, inclusive of coach has any animation.
There might be something to this. The Oilers have always had passive coaches and the team takes on the coach's personality. Tocchet lights into his team and look at what we're seeing tonight.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
GM built the team, it’s on him in my opinion. Can’t force chemistry and this team looked like it was the first time they played with each other in that second

But they've looked good most of the rest of the playoffs

So what gives?

Reactions: TB12

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Seriously. How do you get outworked so badly in a playoff game, a pivotal one at that. It's been an ongoing problem with this core, only showing up occasionally. The support players showed up today but the Oilers aren't beating a very good Canucks team on the road with only the support players showing up. This is quite likely the McDrai Oiler legacy on the line in this 3rd period, do they want to go out like THIS?

No kidding. Mcd has been beyond disappointing this series

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Had to miss the 2nd period, and judging from the stats tonight it looks as though the Canucks are throwing everything they have at the Oil, though with less success than they'd probably like.

Oh well, all teams play shit periods; the scoreboard says that it's a tie game heading into the 3rd. Time to see if this team is ready to show the mettle of a true contender.
Plus after Pickard let in a bit of a questionable one in the first, he's been pretty great. He stopped some tough deflections in there too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad