GDT: WCSF | IV | "Make It So" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 4.14.24 | 7:30PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
100% agree, Draisaitl and McDavid are doing as much as they can. Where the hell are the rest of these clowns? When are they going to show up? Stop f***ing around every shift just filling time, waiting for your turn to end so you can get those two on the ice. Wake the f*** up, contribute meaningfully every damn shift, be dialed in on the details of defence, offence, puck management, boxing your guy out properly, good sticks in lanes, etc etc.

If the rest of these assholes don't contribute there's no f***ing way we're getting out of this series. So get a f***ing clue and wake up, fellas.
I get it against Zadorov and Myers is tough, but against those other two pairings the Oilers need to be going to the middle as much as possible. Hughes, Hronek and Cole aren't big guys there should be no reason we are afraid of going to the tough areas.

When the puck is in behind those d-men along the boards we need to be pounding their d-men. Our d-men also need to step up and start laying the body like some of the Vancouver d-men are doing.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
So Henrique out for 2 weeks now. That isn't nothing, by any stretch. Must be a relatively serious injury to keep a guy out for 2 weeks in the playoffs.
Yeah, that's my guess as well. He got hurt one tangle up one of the Kings games, I think it's ankle/high ankle thing, which makes the timeline make sense.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Yes the nucks fan base and media are insufferable never knew they were this bad. Worst I can remember. Explains the riots that’s for sure

I feel like I knew this from back when they were regular contenders from 2008-2015.

Their fans both in the arena and online were insufferable as f***. I remember them hijacking the discourse of the early Leafs/Bruins series in 2013. Blah blah blah about reffing and whatever else.

I’ve put them in the same category as Flames fans since then. And when I mean flames fans, I mean CP flames fans.

And their media enables them too. Unlike toxic Oilers fans whose opinions are rooted in a disdain for both the franchise’s incompetence and the media’s enablement of it, Canuck fans opinions are often shared and reflected by their media. This leads to an echo chamber where even the most smoothbrained takes are common. It’s like the entire city is just calgarypuck except everyone is paying a 5 million dollar mortgage to live in a shed.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
The whole hitting thing is another red herring and nonsense.

We've had the puck for almost the entirety of Game 2 and 3. Ya, the hits are gonna be lopsided.
Exactly. Also I can’t help but be paranoid that trying to focus on the physical aspect too much will lead to the most backbreaking penalties.

I say if you can make a hit count and make it clean enough, go for it, make their stars hurt. Just don’t focus on it too hard

Reactions: RegDunlop and K1984

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Yeah, that's my guess as well. He got hurt one tangle up one of the Kings games, I think it's ankle/high ankle thing, which makes the timeline make sense.
Didn't play a lot last game he was in. Probably tried his best and we are at the point that we are better off with some other 4th liner coming in or trying 11-7.

Oilhawks

Not-my-fault Skinner
Nov 24, 2011
Big game tonight. They need to show up ready to play a tough game that doesn't cross the line, which is easier said than done

I also find it amusing that Zadorov is talking smack about the Soucy suspension. There appears to be no realization the he's the main reason why his teammate was suspended. Soucy was intending to cross-check McDavid in the chest, but Zadorov inserts himself into a one-on-one situation with a cheap shot from behind that causes an unexpected McDavid to stumble.

I mean, we're talking about Big (Airhead) Z. Realization is not something that comes easily to that one

Reactions: TB12

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Sam Gagner has a brain though.

I feel like we’re in a Wizard of Oz environment with our bottom 6.

Gagner has a brain, but isn’t quick or physical.

McLeod is quick, but doesn’t have a brain and avoids physicality like the plague.

Carrick is physical but lacks a brain and speed.

Foegele is McLeod with more teeth.

Janmark has all 3, but he’s a jack of all trades, master of none. Everything he does is replacement level (sans PK).

Holloway is a better Janmark.

Ryan is Holloway if he was 37 rather than 22 and much smaller.

• Love
Reactions: bucks_oil

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
I feel like we’re in a Wizard of Oz environment with our bottom 6.

Gagner has a brain, but isn’t quick or physical.

McLeod is quick, but doesn’t have a brain and avoids physicality like the plague.

Carrick is physical but lacks a brain and speed.

Foegele is McLeod with more teeth.

Janmark has all 3, but he’s a jack of all trades, master of none. Everything he does is replacement level (sans PK).

Holloway is a better Janmark.

Ryan is Holloway if he was 37 rather than 22 and much smaller.
Pretty much :/

I do think a slow player with a brain is better than a speedster though. At least defensively.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
Wasn’t Roloson like over 30 when he went on his Stanley Cup run. Just saying…….
Roli was 36 during that run! Pretty remarkable.

Even crazier that he did it again 5 years later with Tampa. They pushed Boston to 7 games in the Eastern Finals that year. And Roloson was fantastic the whole way.

Of course, our bozo GM didn't want to give our aging starter a 2 year contract. So he signed Nik Khabibulin instead :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad