GDT: WCSF | IV | "Make It So" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 4.14.24 | 7:30PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Hilarious. Connor gets zero respect or protection from the league. Pretty much the opposite.

Always a coinspiracy theory in Vancouver.

Their fans are immature, ignorant, and frankly dumb as f***. We all knew that before the series. However, the degree of their stupidity is reaching new depths that I didn't think were possible even for them.

When they have multiple credentialed media members advocating that McDavid get suspended too because "it's the same thing!" and you have some air head Nuck reporter asking McDavid "what's it like carrying the team!?" you see where they take the lead from. Sometimes the way Edmonton media go out of their way to not appear as homers or neutral annoys me, but the way Nuck media conduct themselves can't be described as anything other than unprofessional and embarrassing.

Their whole city is stuffed with people with the emotional and intellectual maturity of a 12 year old.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Ken has been an utter failure in his time here. Look at the insane things Draisaitl and McDavid are doing. Holland's only job was to build an average team around them. he couldn't do it. He also didn't add to the farm team. Furthermore, has invested nothing into the goaltending positions. All the great teams have a "goaltending Department". You'd think he would put some resources in helping develop, recruit, train goaltenders. They give Schwartz god level status for having accomplished exactly nothing
Suspect Jackson will clean house end of the year. Wright has already been let go, Holland will essentially be fired (retired) and I hope his nepotism son is gone as well.

Next up all the scouts that have failed miserably and of course Schwartz.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Cool, I’m not convinced that just switching the goalies is the magical answer when 3/4 of the forwards have run dry and the second pairing is a couple of turnstiles.
Who cares, once we’re eliminated you’ll post a TLDR about how you’re done cheering and posting.

Only to show back up 3 months later continuing to be as negative as ever before

Somebody needs to shut that douche-nozzle up. Half the line-up is doing jack-shit out there on the ice, at least be useful and lay the body on this guys and the rest of the Canucks.
Don’t target Zadorov, cross check and elbow EP and Hughes.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I hope Knob doesn’t mix things up too much. Skinner was the glaring issue, just see what Pick can do.

We outplayed the Nucks. The whole hitting things is overrated right now too. You can’t not hit, but you can’t let hitting become too much of a focus. Pretty sure we out hit Vegas pretty hard, they just focused on their game and let us take penalties.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Always a coinspiracy theory in Vancouver.

Their fans are immature, ignorant, and frankly dumb as f***. We all knew that before the series. However, the degree of their stupidity is reaching new depths that I didn't think were possible even for them.

When they have multiple credentialed media members advocating that McDavid get suspended too because "it's the same thing!" and you have some air head Nuck reporter asking McDavid "what's it like carrying the team!?" you see where they take the lead from. Sometimes the way Edmonton media go out of their way to not appear as homers or neutral annoys me, but the way Nuck media conduct themselves can't be described as anything other than unprofessional and embarrassing.

Their whole city is stuffed with people with the emotional and intellectual maturity of a 12 year old.
This series is really bringing back how much I used to hate the Nucks and their fanbase. I’d had almost forgotten. It’s been a long time since the Hawks dummied the Nucks yearly and Nucks fans thought they had a chance at a Cup. The Cup drought by the way is only 3 years removed from 1967. They are an Organizaiton that’s pretty much just as pathetic as the Leaf’s organization, and lol and behold they have the most toxic and entitled fans just like the Leaf’s Organizaiton. What winning no Cups does for a fanbase .

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I hope Knob doesn’t mix things up too much. Skinner was the glaring issue, just see what Pick can do.

We outplayed the Nucks. The whole hitting things is overrated right now too. You can’t not hit, but you can’t let hitting become too much of a focus. Pretty sure we out hit Vegas pretty hard, they just focused on their game and let us take penalties.

The whole hitting thing is another red herring and nonsense.

We've had the puck for almost the entirety of Game 2 and 3. Ya, the hits are gonna be lopsided.

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

Oilhawks

Not-my-fault Skinner
Nov 24, 2011
Suspect Jackson will clean house end of the year. Wright has already been let go, Holland will essentially be fired (retired) and I hope his nepotism son is gone as well.

Next up all the scouts that have failed miserably and of course Schwartz.

Seravalli and Bob (to an extent, it sounded like Bob was defending a bit) both laid into Schwartz yesterday.

I think he might finally be gone this time

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
High danger chances are 39 for the Oilers and 26 for the Canucks.

PDO is .92 vs 1.08

All metrics point to the Oilers dominating the first 3 games.....outside of the net.
Oilers sucked in game 1 outside of the 1st period, almost won on some puck luck, and then lost on terrible goaltending. Game 2 and 3 they dominated and deserved to win both.

Reactions: FiveFourteenSixOne

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Now more than ever is the time for the team to avoid taking the bait that Vancouver has spent the whole series laying. Season is on the line tonight, beat them on the scoreboard.

An important player for the opposition got himself suspended doing something stupid. Learn from last year and don't give it right back to them.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
This is no longer about defending Skinner anymore. You're just posting just for the sake of posting and defending him so you can continue this endless ride that you decided to hop on cause most rational Oilers fans hopped off long ago.
You’re right, depth and good defensive play don’t win championships. Everything is fine now.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
What a team guy. Does this without being asked and playing the roles that the Connor Browns and Corey Perrys that get all the free unearned toi are supposed to be doing. Would be sad though if the last moments we ever see of Sam is him just practicing and talking to team mates. Too bad we're not up in series and could give him some games.

To be completely fair people have absolutely no idea as to how much of an impact Perry is having in the locker room behind closed doors.

I'm not saying you're wrong. Just saying that assuming he isn't doing his job on that front is a bit speculative.

If he wasn't being effective in the room/on the bench, I'd imagine Perry would be a scratch at this point.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Now more than ever is the time for the team to avoid taking the bait that Vancouver has spent the whole series laying. Season is on the line tonight, beat them on the scoreboard.

An important player for the opposition got himself suspended doing something stupid. Learn from last year and don't give it right back to them.
Makes me think of Nurse doing that against Vegas last year. I think that really cost us going into Game 5. Game is won and you take yourself out of the next one.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Add that to the poster board in the dressing room.

Can Raffi Torres suit up for a game.....
I mean Kassian was in the arena the other night, he seemed pretty fired up. Just need him to go balls out for a shift or two and he can go back into the stands:sarcasm:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
To be completely fair people have absolutely no idea as to how much of an impact Perry is having in the locker room behind closed doors.

I'm not saying you're wrong. Just saying that assuming he isn't doing his job on that front is a bit speculative.

If he wasn't being effective in the room/on the bench, I'd imagine Perry would be a scratch at this point.
Fair point. Perry is doing something. I just haven't been thrilled with him on ice even as I defended his play in last game of being his best yet, but still far from what one would hope.

Connor Brown hasn't been doing a lot. Some forecheck, making it a little bit more difficult for Nucks to get out but not having much impact anywhere. Certainly not producing a thing.

Reactions: McBigYak

Mez

Nov 16, 2017

Hilarious. Connor gets zero respect or protection from the league. Pretty much the opposite.

I appreciate what Zadorov is trying to do....but hes treading the line where being a pest becomes a massive motivation for the other team and ends up backfiring.

Reactions: frag2

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Is it just me that's surprised they haven't tried Vinny with Nurse again on 2nd pair? If Ceci and Nurse keep getting beaten like a rug, it would make sense to try out a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad