• Arrive violently.

• Do not go quietly into the night.

• Just win.

Last edited:

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Hopefully the Pickard starting rumors are true. This series has felt like a horrible fever dream that we haven't been able to wake up from.

Time for the Oilers to wake up and take control.

Reactions: BlackDogg

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Pickard barely played against playoff teams this year and when he did play against playoff teams he wasn't good. I think starting him tonight is a fine decision but nobody should expect things to really be any different.

Anyway, Oilers win tonight 7-4.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
It's the right call. Stu needs to figure out consistency in the playoffs and the team can no longer allow him the time to do it in games.

As for Pickard, I'm totally convinced he can be successful. I said before that Skinner deserved the net due to his work in regular season, so I'll say the same that Pickard deserves a shot due to his regular season and redemption of his career.

I've watched him a bit more than casually last couple of years. To me he is capable. My only concern is for him long. Nothing to base any sample size on or consistency. Anyway good luck Calvin!

And a little bit of ol time hackey wouldn't hurt with some 'messages' being sent. Obviously tough to do when you're concentrating on winning first, but if not initiated at least respond.

One last thing -
Just don't lose the F ing game

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Pickard playing with house money. Doesn't need to be a basket case like Skinner. He isn't even supposed to be playing. Entire city is behind him.

He has 100% upside. Kill it in these playoffs and there is a big fat contract someone is offering you in the offseason.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
It's pretty sad that I feel an incredible amount of relief that the organization did the obvious thing and is starting Pickard.

Like JFC. It shouldn't be a relief that we don't make obviously poor choices relying on obviously incapable personnel. That should be baseline.

Reactions: Anemia and elmeroil

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
1. Get a save, probably need a couple big saves...don't need to be Hasek out there just average
2. Be physical...finish your check
3. bottom 9 needs a goal or two...embarrassing performance thus far....RNH, Kane, McLeod, Foegele, Perry, Janmark, Ryan and even Brown need to do SOMETHING
4. WIN

Reactions: foshizzle

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Pickard barely played against playoff teams this year and when he did play against playoff teams he wasn't good. I think starting him tonight is a fine decision but nobody should expect things to really be any different.

Anyway, Oilers win tonight 7-4.

Agreed. We are in desperation mode really, and I don't expect Pickard to be any good. In fact, I expect him to be really bad. His stats against playoffs teams were not good.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
you expect him to be worse than Skinner?

Entirely possible, yes. Goalies are voodoo, so nothing would surprise me (to the positive or negative), but the stats don't lie, and he was pretty bad against playoff caliber teams this year.

It's pretty sad that I feel an incredible amount of relief that the organization did the obvious thing and is starting Pickard.

Like JFC. It shouldn't be a relief that we don't make obviously poor choices relying on obviously incapable personnel. That should be baseline.

The even more obvious thing would have been to bench Ceci and play Stecher. As bad as Skinner has been, Ceci has been worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad