Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM7 | Canucks lose to Oilers | 2-3 (Garland & Hronek) | Season Over

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Thought I saw a "missed penalty call" against Oilers when the score was 3-2. Was it my imagination or did the refs not want to see a Vancouver PP to finish the game?
Maybe, but we shouldnt have put ourselves in that position needing a PP with under a minute to go. This loss is on the team, not the refs at all imo, as easy as it us for us to deflect

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Well f***. Now what?

Time to pivot to how on earth they fix next year's cap mess i guess. But man...there's some serious unpacking to be done here on who showed up and who didn't, and where you go from here.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
So here's the thing.

The second 41 games of the season and the playoffs were what this team "truly" is.

And that's much improved from last season.

But... after seeing what the team was capable of in the first 2-3 months of the season.

It's disappointing because we got a taste of what the team could look like when playing to its full potential.
Everything was going right the first half of the season. Tons of lucky bounces. Guys were rocking high SH% and we were getting elite goaltending. PDO was real and we saw a correction which was to be expected. Most of us saw it coming.

Reactions: SillyRabbit

dez

Mar 3, 2012
No. You can't coach scared. He's allowed the team to turtle far too often and this is the result. They have to change the system such that offense is an expectation, not an occasional dalliance.
This is the system that they won with all year, we’ve seen this core play a more offensive game its ugly, if they flipped the script and played more offensive results would of been the same.

Reactions: Nomobo

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
The worst part is:

McDavid in Game 7: 0 points
Draisaitl in Game 7: 1 secondary assist

We didn't even lose to those guys.

We lost to the Oilers as a team.

Reactions: aquaweenie

potatowejj

Oct 22, 2019
Hughes' lack of lateral movement was glaringly obvious in this game. Considering he is literally godly with that most times, he's got to be injured.

Reactions: Hodgy and dez

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Well f***. Now what?

Time to pivot to how on earth they fix next year's cap mess i guess. But man...there's some serious unpacking to be done here on who showed up and who didn't, and where you go from here.

it's nice to have allvin and rutherford for it. There is a good sum of money but it needs to be allocated properly. you don't go and sign a 4th line centre to 3million on opening day of free agency.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Well f***. Now what?

100%. There's a lot I'm happy and optimistic about after these playoffs but I'm also left with a lot of uncomfortable questions and truths....

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Angry they did not take advantage of the weakness in the Oilers tonight. It was right there.

They played not to lose. Hate it.

Now they're golfing.
Played scared majority of playoffs. Just a terrible mindset all playoffs.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Didn't watch the 3rd, good on the team for making a run of it. Saving my in depth thoughts and analysis for later, tonight isn't the night.

The most fun watching hockey I've had in over 10 years. An incredible season. Loved hanging out with you guys in here, had so many laughs in the GDTs all year. Coming home from work and hopping into a GDT on a random rainy Tuesday night is a ton of fun with you guys. Thanks for a fun ride guys, looking forward to an interesting off-season.

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
Before we jump into doom and gloom. I'm really proud of this team. They were counted out at every step. Lost their Vezina-nominated goalie, lost their leading scorer, and yet they still manages to almost bring that back.

It's a serious gut punch but ultimately I think it will be good for the boys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad