GDT: WCSF | GM5 | Colorado Avalanche at Dallas Stars | 7:00PM CT | ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
0 mins, 0 seconds

Yet we are insecure. Nice HFBoards. Nice.
If the shoe fits, sure.

I responded to someone saying that losing this year's playoff version of Hintz wasn't the same as the Avs losing this year's playoff version of Nichushkin. Because it's not. One guy was leading the playoffs in goals scored, the other has--by many Stars fans' own admission--not been his normal self. Even factoring in that a 1C is far-and-wide a more important role than a Two-Way top-line Wing; Nichushkin's presence on THIS team THIS year was more important.

I even clarified that it didn't even matter that he had been playing because the whole Avalanche team has been a complete no-show this series and that Dallas has earned their 3-1 series lead.

And you chimed in with:

Saying losing Hintz isn't like losing Nichushkin in something. Can't say I'm surprised tho. Hopefully one more GDT and we can move along, although I suppose Edmonton or Vancouver won't be any better.

Bless your heart...

So yeah, you come off as insecure when even the smallest thing is a "Nuh-uh!" to you.

Like your team is comfortably in position to close this out tonight, and if not tonight then they'll stomp the Avs on their own home ice. You got it, go make yourself a sandwich, grab an ice tea, and relax.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Series thread started with shit talking, then turned into whataboutisms and excuses and coping. What can you do.

Colorado is the better team, they just aren't playing properly and Nichushkin is gone. What can you do.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Series thread started with shit talking, then turned into whataboutisms and excuses and coping. What can you do.

Colorado is the better team, they just aren't playing properly and Nichushkin is gone. What can you do.
LOL

So clearly you're just out to lunch, I don't see any excuse-making, I see plenty of Avs fans who are discussing that their players haven't shown up, while the Stars have and have thus earned the series lead.

You do know how to read, don't you?

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
If the shoe fits, sure.

I responded to someone saying that losing this year's playoff version of Hintz wasn't the same as the Avs losing this year's playoff version of Nichushkin. Because it's not. One guy was leading the playoffs in goals scored, the other has--by many Stars fans' own admission--not been his normal self. Even factoring in that a 1C is far-and-wide a more important role than a Two-Way top-line Wing; Nichushkin's presence on THIS team THIS year was more important.

I even clarified that it didn't even matter that he had been playing because the whole Avalanche team has been a complete no-show this series and that Dallas has earned their 3-1 series lead.

And you chimed in with:

Bless your heart...

So yeah, you come off as insecure when even the smallest thing is a "Nuh-uh!" to you.

Like your team is comfortably in position to close this out tonight, and if not tonight then they'll stomp the Avs on their own home ice. You got it, go make yourself a sandwich, grab an ice tea, and relax.
wasn't your comments, i believe.

this stems back from the series thread. stars up 3-1 and we get to read about how everyone is still saying that it's more that avs' mistakes than anything the stars are doing. that along with national commentators openly rooting for first vegas then colorado is pretty wearing.

we might have a lil chip on our sholders.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
wasn't your comments, i believe.

this stems back from the series thread. stars up 3-1 and we get to read about how everyone is still saying that it's more that avs' mistakes than anything the stars are doing. that along with national commentators openly rooting for first vegas then colorado is pretty wearing.

we might have a lil chip on our sholders.
I think in G1 those comments MIGHT have been warranted as the Avs in Period 1 did make a lot of mistakes. It was early in the series and at the time us Avs fans would've had no reason to believe that they would follow-suit by forgetting they had to actually show up and play the games.

But I, personally, wouldn't have made those comments from a standpoint of "The Avs are only down because they're making mistakes", rather it would have been a combination of yes, they're making mistakes, but Dallas is also playing a type of game that is forcing them to make mistakes. That's a credit to Dallas. And then they've followed it up by not letting up and continuing to force Colorado to make mistakes.

Dallas being up 3-1 in this series, a series that I had originally thought would be much longer (quite possibly a full 7) is both Colorado making mistakes and being too f***ing stupid to adapt, but also because Dallas has a gameplan and they're executing that gameplan.

Full credit to them for being in this position, they've earned it.

That all being said--f*** Peter DeBoer, I hate that stupid unshaven sonofabitch
(@Dr Pepper this doesn't count as my 1 "f*** Peter DeBoer", and I'm just gonna go ahead and say now that I'll likely be saying it more than 1x tonight)

Last edited:

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
LOL

So clearly you're just out to lunch, I don't see any excuse-making, I see plenty of Avs fans who are discussing that their players haven't shown up, while the Stars have and have thus earned the series lead.

You do know how to read, don't you?
At this point I think it's not worth responding all he does is recycle the bad thing from certain posters probably from game 1 and that's what's stuck in his head. Meanwhile most of us giving credit to Dallas, their gameplan and defense is flying over his head. As he said "What can you do". :laugh:

Reactions: Summer Rose

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
I think I speak for the fans of both teams and the players of both teams. Just get this series over with. 4-1 Stars. Why bother even playing. Petition the NHL to give Makar two assists to keep his record chasing alive and then award the game and the series to Dallas.

We can all save 3 hours of our lives.

Agree?

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
I think I speak for the fans of both teams and the players of both teams. Just get this series over with. 4-1 Stars. Why bother even playing. Petition the NHL to give Makar two assists to keep his record chasing alive and then award the game and the series to Dallas.

Agree?
and miss another 3 periods (or more) of wyatt johnston? no thanks.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Good point. How about two periods of a 5 on 5 friendly. Each team gets two lines and four defenders. After the two periods each team gets to trade 3 PPs each.

The stats count towards all playoff records. But the score is just for fun. Dallas gets awarded the game.

Plenty of water and rest breaks so no one gets an injury.
and miss another 3 periods (or more) of wyatt johnston? no thanks.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
Good point. How about two periods of a 5 on 5 friendly. Each team gets two lines and four defenders. After the two periods each team gets to trade 3 PPs each.

The stats count towards all playoff records. But the score is just for fun. Dallas gets awarded the game.

Plenty of water and rest breaks so no one gets an injury.
you got yourself a deal

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA

Agree?
not unless 2 of Makar's 1st place Norris votes are given to Mr. Heiskanen in exchange for those 2 assists.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I think in G1 those comments MIGHT have been warranted as the Avs in Period 1 did make a lot of mistakes. It was early in the series and at the time us Avs fans would've had no reason to believe that they would follow-suit by forgetting they had to actually show up and play the games.

But I, personally, wouldn't have made those comments from a standpoint of "The Avs are only down because they're making mistakes", rather it would have been a combination of yes, they're making mistakes, but Dallas is also playing a type of game that is forcing them to make mistakes. That's a credit to Dallas. And then they've followed it up by not letting up and continuing to force Colorado to make mistakes.

Dallas being up 3-1 in this series, a series that I had originally thought would be much longer (quite possibly a full 7) is both Colorado making mistakes and being too f***ing stupid to adapt, but also because Dallas has a gameplan and they're executing that gameplan.

Full credit to them for being in this position, they've earned it.

That all being said--f*** Peter DeBoer, I hate that stupid unshaven sonofabitch
(@Dr Pepper this doesn't count as my 1 "f*** Peter DeBoer", and I'm just gonna go ahead and say now that I'll likely be saying it more than 1x tonight)
Deboer rules, fantastic coach

Reactions: LT and Summer Rose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad