GDT: WCSF GM07 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Mon. May 20th | 6pm PST | SNP/CBC | Just Win, Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Very bad sign for the Oilers, if they don’t cash a couple early that Vancouver late third period surge is going to kill them.

Serious question, I know Demko is a monster, but do we expect he would have done better this series than Silovs?

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Good gif. I was expecting some banger of a rivalry battle and this has been like watching an 80 year old fist fight a 90 year old.

One of my favourites is a 72 year old Buzz Aldrin being confront by a moon landing conspiracy theorist... BoOM!
1000004731.gif

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
The Canucks are definitely making it harder on themselves. Need to just focus on getting pucks to the net. They look like they are trying to grind out a pretty play. Skinner isn't that complicated.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
Yeah that intermission crew is out to lunch. I’m a Canucks fan and they did NOT have a good period. You can’t have 2 shots and call it a good period.
Ended up with the best chance but it fell to lead hands

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Very bad sign for the Oilers, if they don’t cash a couple early that Vancouver late third period surge is going to kill them.

Serious question, I know Demko is a monster, but do we expect he would have done better this series than Silovs?

There’s some goals that Demko might have had but also some saves maybe he doesn’t make. I think he would have been better but not sure it would have changed the series much. Biggest thing is the team usually played more offensive with him in net because they knew he didn’t have to be protected as much

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
You know if the roles were reversed, you could say that Vancouver played a great road period, really weathered the storm early when the crowd was loud and into it and made it out tied. Unfortunately they aren't reversed. Thought they'd come out with more jump on home ice.

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
I think we can put to bed what team the Sportsnet panel is cheering for. Hilarious analysis for a 2 shot period where they had a 4 min PP and their goalie made 3 huge saves.

Keep the foot down Oilers and keep throwing it on net. Good opening period. Handling the pushback will be key.

Reactions: Jersey Fan 12

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021

I think he would have won the game where Bouchard scored late and the other one where Silovs was not that good, was 4 -3 OT loss. But Silovs definietly has played great for a 3rd stringer

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
The Canucks are definitely making it harder on themselves. Need to just focus on getting pucks to the net. They look like they are trying to grind out a pretty play. Skinner isn't that complicated.

They have had low shot totals all playoffs. I think they have OCD about shooting.

Reactions: Telos

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

Game 6 likely not as bad, but overall likely still goes 7

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
You know if the roles were reversed, you could say that Vancouver played a great road period, really weathered the storm early when the crowd was loud and into it and made it out tied. Unfortunately they aren't reversed. Thought they'd come out with more jump on home ice.
Canucks outplayed the Oilers in the first of game 6… period by period this series has often been bipolar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad