GDT: WCSF GM07 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Mon. May 20th | 6pm PST | SNP/CBC | Just Win, Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Most Oilers players had a playoff low for TOI in game 6, so physically they should be about as rested as they can be for a game like this. Emotionally idk, there's been no momentum there from one game to the next in this series so far.
I expect this game to go more like game 6 did, Vancouver was completely off their game and didn’t really impose any physicality. Edmonton had a fairly easy night, they played the game they needed to and caused Vancouver to chase the puck all night.

Vancouver has good depth but they don’t have a player like McDavid who can come into these types of games and just completely tilt the ice

Reactions: Summer Rose

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I expect this game to go more like game 6 did, Vancouver was completely off their game and didn’t really impose any physicality. Edmonton had a fairly easy night, they played the game they needed to and caused Vancouver to chase the puck all night.

Vancouver has good depth but they don’t have a player like McDavid who can come into these types of games and just completely tilt the ice

Not very optimistic as a nucks fan of you're predicting the Oilers running back game 6.

Get out of here with your reverse jinx.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Not very optimistic as a nucks fan of you're predicting the Oilers running back game 6.

Get out of here with your reverse jinx.
I originally had Oilers in 5, Nashville beat the living pulp out of Vancouver in round 1. Now they have no #1 goalie and missing arguably there second best forward. A half healthy McDavid is all Edmonton needs to win this

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
With Skinner in net, anything can happen. I would say that there’s an overwhelming chance the Oilers win if they can hold Vancouver to 15 or less shots again, but Skinner has shown he’s more than capable of letting in 4-5 goals even then. Oilers need to hit hard fast and be up 3-0 through the first period, preferably with McDavid potting a pair of goals.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Imagine going into a game 7 after being down 3-2 and thinking a series should have been a sweep.
It’s silly, you could conceivably also say that Vancouver could have swept the series, that’s how close the games were. Game 6 was the best game for Edmonton.

A lot of false blame on Skinner who wasn’t getting the needed support in front of him early on in this series

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Cole, Friedman, Juulsen and Myers are all replacement level defenceman. Hronek and Zadorov are the only notable defenceman to be worried about.

Vancouver is a top destination so they can likely bring in decent depth defenceman
Yup.. agreed.

I do wonder about Hronek and zadorov tbh. I love Hronek almost as much as bouch but he's potentially signing a bad contract. Good luck tonight! Sucks about boeser and Demko. I wanted us both at full strength.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Yup.. agreed.

I do wonder about Hronek and zadorov tbh. I love Hronek almost as much as bouch but he's potentially signing a bad contract. Good luck tonight! Sucks about boeser and Demko. I wanted us both at full strength.
Hronek needs to take a discount or he can walk, he’s been “ok” but has some injury issues that won’t get any better.

Zadorov is playing himself into a contract that’ll likely look bad

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Yup.. agreed.

Hronek was awesome the first half of the year and very mediocre the second half. His contract could definitely be bad if the first half was a mirage

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
It's been a back and forth series but I expect the Oilers will take this. Think the awful news about Boeser will be in the minds of the Canucks players leading to some obvious and understandable distraction.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
All things side, it’s pretty shameless how much the NHL endorses betting in so many different types of content material. Never thought I’d see hockey players turned panelists talking about odds for XYZ happening.

Gambling ruins lives, yet I doubt promotional material for medicinal cocaine is on the table.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
What a miracle if the Canucks win

I'll be praying. Missing their top goaltender and scorer as well as half the team banged up.

If half the team is that banged up, wouldn't it be a waste for them to continue on? ;)

Just joking... But I do find that rationale amusing.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
All things side, it’s pretty shameless how much the NHL endorses betting in so many different types of content material. Never thought I’d see hockey players turned panelists talking about odds for XYZ happening
We are not that far from having a huge gambling scandal break out, it’s inevitable with this level of gambling being incorporated into the league

snag

Feb 22, 2014
All things side, it’s pretty shameless how much the NHL endorses betting in so many different types of content material. Never thought I’d see hockey players turned panelists talking about odds for XYZ happening.

Gambling ruins lives, yet I doubt promotional material for medicinal cocaine is off the table.

Bettman.... Bet man....hmmmm....

I wonder, if Tocchet wasn't a coach, would he be the bets man? :sarcasm:

We are not that far from having a huge gambling scandal break out, it’s inevitable with this level of gambling being incorporated into the league
Agreed.

WiLBoY

Aug 29, 2009
If half the team is that banged up, wouldn't it be a waste for them to continue on? ;)

Just joking... But I do find that rationale amusing.
That's like Oiler fans claiming all their top guys were injured in game 5 heading into game 6 lol

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Most Oilers players had a playoff low for TOI in game 6, so physically they should be about as rested as they can be for a game like this. Emotionally idk, there's been no momentum there from one game to the next in this series so far.
Yes my point is purely emotional not physical exhaustion. Bolded is why I have a hunch in the first place. It's been back and forth this series and the pattern seems to benefit Vancouver

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Remember just the other day one of the panelists made a comment about the official having a bet on draft kings which is why he made a bad call?

Even if it’s a joke, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s made on the context of something material especially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad