GDT: WCSF GM07 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Mon. May 20th | 6pm PST | SNP/CBC | Just Win, Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruKnyte

Give me the meds now
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Ppl thought all his acquisition would lead to a wild card team at best and we ended up winning the division and 1 round.
Trust in Allvin

You could be the greatest GM in the world and that doesn't change what our cap situation looks like over the next few years.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
That's absolutely NOT coaching though.

You can't coach the players to get their ass in gear and move and be more dynamic. That's not how coaching works. That's just how our players work. And it's stupid.

To me they have no chemistry on the PP and that's absolutely on the coaching to realize that and change things up

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
In my humble opinion, Tocchet strangled the offensive creativity of this team by forcing them into HIS mould. If you didn’t fit, he got rid of you.

Look how that is working now. Zero offensive play bug hey…we only let 3 in

Defend the deficit, just like Green
I agree his system is way too defensive but honestly,
no one would be against it because we're literally at the top of the league this season.

Adjustments are to be made for sure but it'll have to be next season.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
How have the Canucks run out of gas but the Oilers haven't?

They're more top heavy.

Their big players log way more minutes.

We both had a week of rest before this series.

Did the Canucks have some sort of ultra difficult path to the playoffs that I'm forgetting? Pretty sure they were comfortably #1 for most of the season.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
That's on the coaching. Myers and Zadorov both have booming shots and they don't use them

You can do that for a second unit. But neither of those guys has anywhere close to the skill and vision to operate correctly on a top unit. And the top unit is really the only one that matters in this day and age.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
That's absolutely NOT coaching though.

You can't coach the players to get their ass in gear and move and be more dynamic. That's not how coaching works. That's just how our players work. And it's stupid.
How they gain the zone, the fact we have like 3 plays, that’s coaching

just22

Aug 2, 2009
I’d be fine losing if there was fight and the games were closer

But the Canucks just folded after that Game 5 win… I think they emptied the tank that game to give them two shots at advancing but they just didn’t have any extra juice to win that final 4th game

Shame… I would’ve loved to beat the Oilers

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
2 things need to happen. Hughes is injured. No way he's been this ineffective and not game breaking for this long.

He needs to learn from this run. He's the captain, we've invested everything on him. He's been pedestrian, not good enough for a Canadian market. I trust the guy, that's why very few teams just make the playoffs first go and go on a long run.
Thats true what you said here, hopefully he can learn. He was more or less contained in both series from what weve expected of Hughes, epecially after his best season ever. If hes as elite as we all hope he is, he will learn from this and be a different player next playoffs

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
I mean it's nice the Canucks are pressing now. But you have to remember Edmonton is also up by 3 so they're probably sitting back a lot more to just defend. Kind of gives the illusion Canucks are ramping it up.

But if it was 3-3, Edmonton would just make it 4-3 on the next shift...

But still, I guess I appreciate the effort.

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
How have the Canucks run out of gas but the Oilers haven't?

They're more top heavy.

Their big players log way more minutes.

We both had a week of rest before this series.

Did the Canucks have some sort of ultra difficult path to the playoffs that I'm forgetting? Pretty sure they were comfortably #1 for most of the season.
Yeah that running out of gas excuse simply doesn’t work when all teams have the same path.

Reactions: SillyRabbit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad