GDT: WCSF GM07 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Mon. May 20th | 6pm PST | SNP/CBC | Just Win, Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013
Probably because that would be embarassing after we chanted "SKINNER" over and over at the start of the game and all the trash talk towards him. Icing on the cake. I can't believe how easy they let him off. We realy needed to pound him with as many shots as possible and we did the opposite in game 6. Missed opportunity.

Reactions: Szechwan

JiffyPB

Oct 11, 2018
Basically game 7 against Vegas all over again. Flat performance. I would normally be mad, but I’m just too jaded to be like that anymore

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
Who draw up their powerplay

its been the same thing over and over. They cant set up and when they do. They just stand still and wait for a pass. No rotation or changes whatsoever

Reactions: SillyRabbit

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Have to hand it to Edmonton, they shut down Hughes this series, just like Nashville did. Miller too for the most part
2 things need to happen. Hughes is injured. No way he's been this ineffective and not game breaking for this long.

He needs to learn from this run. He's the captain, we've invested everything on him. He's been pedestrian, not good enough for a Canadian market. I trust the guy, that's why very few teams just make the playoffs first go and go on a long run.

Reactions: M2Beezy

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
In my humble opinion, Tocchet strangled the offensive creativity of this team by forcing them into HIS mould. If you didn’t fit, he got rid of you.

Look how that is working now. Zero offensive play bug hey…we only let 3 in

Defend the deficit, just like Green

Reactions: Lenny Levino

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
This is probably Zadorovs worst game since the trade.

Lindholm looks the same as just after the trade. Flubbing everything

I think Myers has had a good game, Cole too. Id move on from Cole but bring back Myers honestly, hes won me over

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
It's really not even on the coaching. It's just...there's zero urgency in the powerplay at all. It's stupid and casual and that simply does not work. Simply having the man advantage is not a license to score easy goals. But it seems like that's what they want to do.

That's on the coaching. Myers and Zadorov both have booming shots and they don't use them

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
That’s also coaching, making them too static

That's absolutely NOT coaching though.

You can't coach the players to get their ass in gear and move and be more dynamic. That's not how coaching works. That's just how our players work. And it's stupid.

Reactions: calnuck

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
If I was more emotionally invested in this team, I’d be in a depression right now.

Thankfully I took a big step back from emotional investment after 2011.

Same. 2011 was heartbreaking for me and then to follow it up with almost a decade of Benning incompetence killed my interest as a hardcore fan. It's only been the past few season that have brought me back so this is manageable.

There are a lot of great pieces here to work with. This won't be the last time we see this group here at this time of year. Sometimes you have to lose before you can win. This was a good dose of reality for a lot of these young players.

Big zZz

May 13, 2024
Where's Joshua there? Just getting pushed around all over the place. I've heard Hughes and Petey aren't built for the playoffs but what has the hulking Joshua done to show that he is?

Without looking I'd wager that Petey has more hits than Dakota does today. Petey drew 2 penalties too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad