GDT: WCSF GM07 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Mon. May 20th | 6pm PST | SNP/CBC | Just Win, Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
I wouldn't blame the fans for booing the team off the ice at the end.

They paid a lot of money for these tickets and this is the performance you're putting forth?
I think half the team is playing through some not-insignificant injuries, and the other half is either out of gas or just not good players.

I know fans paid lots for this game and hoped for a better performance, but the team gave it their all this season and played above their level for almost 100 games, fans should cheer for them, not boo.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
The issue is we do that and think our problems are over. Team went far because of goaltending and dumb luck, not because we dominated

The sad thing is this may take management off the hook to make obvious changes required

Myers - gone
Mil - gone
Laffy - gone
Hronek - dump him for whatever we get
Cole - gone

That is just the start
Make playoffs win a round go 7 in 2nd round and its rebuild time lmao

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Let's be objective here.....with Demko gone and Boeser now gone for the rest of the season, we just wouldn't match up very well with Dallas anyway.

The Canucks are still an incomplete canvass.....and both Allvin and Rutherford know it. But to their credit they went out acquired the players they thought they needed for a long playoff run and expended a lot of draft capital to do it.

No complaints, if you're a Canucks fan. They added to their group and 'went for it'.

Sure but not having a first OR second for this performance is gonna hurt the future.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Doesnt matter if we lose this one.
Im proud of the bois, except Hronek, he's not even exhausted or injured, just complete no show.

Take that 8.5mil request and shove it up your ass.

Reactions: calnuck

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
You have to have a Canucks logo tattoo'd on your face to appease the people who treat this team like a religion.
No kidding. We have lives with things in them that mean far more to us than the Canucks.

Games 6 and 7 vs Boston and 6 and 7 vs Edmonton are one of the reasons why. You're bound to be crushed not only by the result but by the entire process.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I can understand the Tocchet criticisms in R1 but.. this team ran out of gas in R2. The talent disparity here is just huge. Their best bet was to play a “safe” game
I don’t think they have more skill other than McD and Drai. I think they have more speed and we need more speed

Reactions: biturbo19

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I’m not sure I’d pay to re-sign Joshua at the rate that he would ask for. He has had moments this playoffs, but he hasn’t been the consistent player that deserves that sort of money IMO. I trust management to find the next Joshua on the UFA market.

Lindholm I would re-sign. Center depth is so hard to find and Tocchet trusts him only 2nd to Miller in any situation.

Zadorov I would pay—but I would consider trading Soucy if you make that deal. You cannot afford to have that much salary tied up in your bottom-two LD.

Hronek I qualify and trade. Seek a Tanev or Pesce or Roy on the UFA market instead.

Blueger is a nice complementary player. But I don’t think you can afford to pay him the $2m he’ll ask for to be on the bottom-line.

Cole, thank you for stabilizing our defense in the regular season, but you are at the cliff now. Goodbye.

Myers I would re-sign at less than $3m on a 2y or less term. But otherwise I think you let him walk.

Pettersson… his NMC doesn’t start until 2025-26. I think you at least listen to see if there is someone out there willing to make an interesting 1-for-1 trade. Think Subban-for-Weber. But I don’t think you put him on the market for a package deal—which would be a hard trade to win.
I disagree with a lot here, Id keep Hronek, hes young and season to season is trending in the correct direction overall.

Zadorov this is his moment to shine apparently and showed himself in the first few games but has faded once Edmonton figured out how to get around him. Hes more/less been useless and in some cases counter productive the last few games

Lindholm the same as Zadorov. Just not gonna be worth what he thinks hes worth

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Tocchet needs to throw every cautious bone out of his bone. Who cares if we lose by 3-0 or 8-0. Just try anything else. Our season is literally over in 20 minutes if you don't.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
I just want to see a Stanley Cup in Vancouver once before I’m dead,

Why can’t it be us, why does this always happen, why do I always believe, why do I always get excited?

I’m sick and tired of this shit
Without irony or commenting on this game in particular, part of this isn’t just bad luck. It’s not a surprise that the most-travelled team in the league is traditionally all banged up once the playoffs roll around. The Canucks have started every season with a massive disasvantage and it does show up in the post-season over and over.

Reactions: vanuck

Big zZz

May 13, 2024
Why can't Hughes be like Makar
Why can't Petey be Pasternak?
I’ve been attacked all year for my opinion. They’re not built to be playoff winners.

Hughes is no Hedman.
Petey is no Bergeron or Kopi.

They’re to small and frail to be impact players in the playoffs.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
I’ve been attacked all year for my opinion. They’re not built to be playoff winners.

Hughes is no Hedman.
Petey is no Bergeron or Kopi.

They’re to small and frail to be impact players in the playoffs.
Need some help big nasty and guys that make teams pay have the skill guys and have solid pieces on d management will work on that they have from start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad