GDT: WCSF GM07 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Mon. May 20th | 6pm PST | SNP/CBC | Just Win, Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
This mini playoff run shows how soft this roster is. No grit or strength to go deep

No snipers

No forecheck

There is alot if work that needs to be done before this team can complete is a playoff atmosphere

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
EP is trying but canucks needed way more out of him with that cap hit. Playoffs exposed him. He tries to hit but I see him as guy afraid to get hit in return. Always quick to let go of the puck by dumping right away when someone is about to come near him.
If theres a good deal available, canucks should be open to trading him.

If B tkachuk is available, canucks should try to see if they can put a package to acquire him.

TruKnyte

Give me the meds now
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
I’m honestly just still in complete shock,
It’s almost like I’m hoping there’s like a list of 20 injuries by the whole team.

But who knows guys, let’s have the biggest comeback in Canucks history right here

I'm shocked that you're shocked lol

Appreciate the positivity though

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Has Petterson LOOKED dangerous in any game this playoffs? Once? He needs to seriously bulk the f up. He will be eaten up by our media unless he ups his mental game.

I don't think so. I don't think he's looked good at any point these playoffs.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Suter and Joshua scoring seconds apart in Game 1.

The insane 3-goal comeback victory with Boeser’s hat trick and Lindholm’s OT winner.

Suter’s dying minutes goal in Game 6.

Silovs’ shutout and Myers sacrificing his nuts as the second wound down.

The 5-4 come from behind victory in Game 1 when we were down 4-1.

Stealing game 3 in Edmonton with Silovs making 40+ saves.

Game 5, the best game of the season, capped off with Miller winning it with 31.9 seconds to go.

We’ve done all of this minus our Vezina caliber goaltender - who most people wrote us off even before he was hurt. Half of analysts picked us to lose to Nashville before he was even out. And we’ve gotten here.

Win or lose boys, just WIN DA TURD. Get a goal. Bring the home fans to their feet. We’re f***ing proud of how you’ve done this year. Get in there and f***ing play your hearts out for 20 minutes.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I mean...this is why everyone else calls Vancouver the home of "fair weather fans". Among other things.

But this is so frustrating to watch. So i almost kinda get it at this point.

I mean but the other side of the coin is we also have alot of arrogant fans that go looking for arguments after a win and before the series is over. Goes both ways. Some of the fans get way to high after a big win, they cant just enjoy it, they will insult the other teams players before the series is over. Going to be some crow to eat for some of this fanbase again.

Reactions: biturbo19

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
To be fair I never thought the Canucks would make the playoffs. They won the division with a lot of heart and hustle and became a good story.

They had a lot of interesting games through two rounds but losing Brock seems like the final straw.

These playoffs have totally exposed some guys though. Hronek, Pettersson and Hughes ... Yikes.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Not all that shocked or disappointed.....I'd made my peace with the Canucks bowing out after the Game #6 no-show.

If you consider that in a seven-game series, the teams play 21 periods. So far through two in game #7, I'd say the Oilers were the better team in almost 14-15 of those periods.

You're not going to get out-shot 30-10 through two periods in an elimination game, and expect to live to fight another day.

But the off-season figures to almost as interesting as the playoffs. They have nine UFA's to make a decision on. And I must confess after grading out these playoff games, I'm mystified as to who they might decide to try and re-sign.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Joshua played 5x5 3 games and played his wage the rest imo. If we give Zadorov a big contract I could see thar burning us right away.
Zadorov has been a lot more up & down in this playoffs than people realize. You can only overpay so many guys.

I would keep Joshua and try and replace Zadorov & Hronek with some of those 4 million dollar guys projected for July 1. Need to be efficient and save cap for legitimate stars.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Gazdic: The Oilers are winning the 50/50 battles.

Friedman: The 4 min PP killed the Canucks.

Where do you think the battles matter most? It's the same reason just in a different context.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Suter and Joshua scoring seconds apart in Game 1.

The insane 3-goal comeback victory with Boeser’s hat trick and Lindholm’s OT winner.

Suter’s dying minutes goal in Game 6.

Silovs’ shutout and Myers sacrificing his nuts as the second wound down.

The 5-4 come from behind victory in Game 1 when we were down 4-1.

Stealing game 3 in Edmonton with Silovs making 40+ saves.

Game 5, the best game of the season, capped off with Miller winning it with 31.9 seconds to go.

We’ve done all of this minus our Vezina caliber goaltender - who most people wrote us off even before he was hurt. Half of analysts picked us to lose to Nashville before he was even out. And we’ve gotten here.

Win or lose boys, just WIN DA TURD. Get a goal. Bring the home fans to their feet. We’re f***ing proud of how you’ve done this year. Get in there and f***ing play your hearts out for 20 minutes.

It's been a fun season. But this is a horrendous way to go out. It was right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad