GDT: WCSF GM07 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Mon. May 20th | 6pm PST | SNP/CBC | Just Win, Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraderJim

Um.. like.. you know
Apr 18, 2006
Let’s be honest, we’re missing our top scoring winger.

And we’re at least two top six short to be contenders.

Nothing toch can do about that
Again. We have 5 or less shots in the 1st period of 8 of our 12 playoff games.

We had Boeser in those games.

Getting shots on net has been a massive narrative these playoffs and our ability to come back despite those have negated the discussions on it.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Every player on pp feels they need to hughes and the oilers know it

How can we not have a plan b?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
No way to spin....an awful period by the home team.....punctuated by perhaps the worst looking PP of the season. Lucky to have not surrendered a shorty which would probably be the end of the night.

I counted only a couple of Canuck chances all period....Garland with a good look, and Mikheyev, who can't put the puck in the ocean right now...and ever even got a shot attempt.

Nobody should even the expressing any concerns about Silovs....without him this is easily a 2-0 game. His rebound control was a bit shaky early on, but after that he shut the door.

Canucks better pray the refs aren't in a 'even-up' mood.....because if it's the Oilers who get a four minute PP, they'll fill the net.

No way to spin....an awful period by the home team.....punctuated by perhaps the worst looking PP of the season. Lucky to have not surrendered a shorty which would probably be the end of the night.

I counted only a couple of Canuck chances all period....Garland with a good look, and Mikheyev, who can't put the puck in the ocean right now...and ever even got a shot attempt.

Nobody should even the expressing any concerns about Silovs....without him this is easily a 2-0 game. His rebound control was a bit shaky early on, but after that he shut the door.

Canucks better pray the refs aren't in a 'even-up' mood.....because if it's the Oilers who get a four minute PP, they'll fill the net.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Loser level play. I can't believe that just happened. They don't come in with speed. The drop pass is USELESS if you don't have speed. Insanity. Oilers have all the momentum coming into the 2nd. The team looks broken.
They really do.

Reactions: calnuck

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I'm running out of words to describe the PP. It's SO bad.

And it's been bad for the past FOUR MONTHS. This isn't just some new tactic or PK strategy that they weren't expecting.

The PP has somehow actually gotten worse. Before they were passing it around, not getting any shots on goal.

Now they can't even get into the zone.

The PP is the reason why we will be eliminated from the playoffs.

There needs to be some sort of accountability here.

I put most of it on the coaches. Because the players clearly can't figure it out. So the coaches need to tell them wtf to do.

Fun fact: The Canucks have 5 PP goals in the playoffs. The Tampa Bay Lightning, who were eliminated on April 29th, have 4 PP goals in the playoffs.
It wasn’t going to matter according to some.

It’s one thing to not score but look good.

It’s embarrassing for junior hockey let alone the NHL.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
It's insane the PP has been a problem all season long and it looks like it'll be our undoing in the playoffs too. Completely fixable and yet despite overcoming just about any other adversity, it's the one constant that's dragged us down.

pomx

May 15, 2014
Alright everyone look here

Attachments

• IMG_6509.jpeg
    IMG_6509.jpeg
    68.1 KB · Views: 2

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
You can't coach scared.

Tocchet put on two Dmen to not give up a breakaway, then they give one up.
Game 6 was the game to push the play and go all out. They were up 3-2 and had the buffer of losing a game. Sitting back is so f***ing soft. This is not a sustainable system, don’t care how far we got this year.

Reactions: Rotang and calnuck

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
Item #1 on the off-season need list:

Hire a damn coach who can run the powerplay..
Whomever runs the PP needs the hook this offseason.

Hughes also needs to wake the f*** up.

As far I can tell it’s been by committee the entire season.

———

When Sergei’s in town, it’s me and Sergei, and I’ve got the twins handling the second unit,” said head coach Rick Tocchet. “It’s a committee.”

But the subtext of Tocchet agreeing that the power play is coached by committee is that the first power play unit is primarily his responsibility. Daniel and Henrik Sedin have been working with the second power play unit, not the first. And, as much as Sergei Gonchar is helping coach the power play when he’s in town, Gonchar is not always in town.

Reactions: calnuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad