GDT: WCSF GM07 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Mon. May 20th | 6pm PST | SNP/CBC | Just Win, Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Loser level play. I can't believe that just happened. They don't come in with speed. The drop pass is USELESS if you don't have speed. Insanity. Oilers have all the momentum coming into the 2nd. The team looks broken.

Reactions: MikeK and TruKnyte

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
To not even have a shot on net, it’s inexcusable, Hughes gets the puck and immediately looks to pass, how about skate to the middle of ice with your elite skating and whip a shot through.
I love the Sedins but it feels like their passing DNA is too ingrained in our team.

Reactions: dez

TruKnyte

Give me the meds now
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
It's shocking to see Vancouver not make any adjustments to their PP when EDM has so obviously figured it out. They keep running the same system and banging their heads against the wall. That was disgusting. Here we are in game 7 and they were blessed with a DBL minor and they completely blew it. We'll look back at that as a key moment in the game.

I mean, that's been the situation since February at least. Kudos to the Oilers, they've basically neutralized this team. At least Dallas should put up a much bigger fight than these sad sacks.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
If we are going to dump and chase, we need to get guys in on the forecheck to retrieve it. Otherwise we’re just handing possession over to them.

Get some shots, get some traffic - basic hockey, boys. Let’s f***ing go.

Reactions: Rotang

deadinthewater992

May 7, 2024
I don't know how they'll magically get better in the next two periods. They just look done. Credit to Edmonton, they have come out to play.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
It’s either Zadarov or Garland on PP1. That’s on coaching staff for putting Hronek. Bad lineup decision so far

Reactions: calnuck

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
They really just don't snap it around in a convincing way at all. It's so frustrating.

It's not even really a "coaching" thing. You can't "fix" it with strategery and tactics. It's just like everyone on the powerplay is procrastinating. You have to move the puck quickly and unpredictably to exploit those seams they're so desperately intent on finding for those "tap in" or "automatic" one-timer goals.

They're desperately looking for a perfect set play, and when it isn't there they keep trying to force it which always leads to turnovers. I don't know why they're so goddamn afraid to just take shots and see if some garbage rebound will bounce in

Reactions: biturbo19

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
if theyre gonna be that aggressive at the blue line, you have to just dump and use your extra man to hopefully win it

DiggerDan

Jul 22, 2003
Canada
hfboards.com
I hope Toch lays into them in this intermission. Too much respect given, not enough checks finished, and we look nervous. There's still time, and Silovs won that period. Time for the rest to pick it the f*** up!

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Just run the same PP unit out there for months and hope it works. Just pathetic coaching and pathetic effort from the players.

Garland needs to be out there. Only player who will give a damn on any give shift.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
I'm running out of words to describe the PP. It's SO bad.

And it's been bad for the past FOUR MONTHS. This isn't just some new tactic or PK strategy that they weren't expecting.

The PP has somehow actually gotten worse. Before they were passing it around, not getting any shots on goal.

Now they can't even get into the zone.

The PP is the reason why we will be eliminated from the playoffs.

There needs to be some sort of accountability here.

I put most of it on the coaches. Because the players clearly can't figure it out. So the coaches need to tell them wtf to do.

Fun fact: The Canucks have 5 PP goals in the playoffs. The Tampa Bay Lightning, who were eliminated on April 29th, have 4 PP goals in the playoffs.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Just waiting for all the f***ing excuses after the game already.

Not sure how long Boeser was playing with a blood clot but he was atleast the best player other than Silovs for basically the entire playoffs so far.

Except for maybe Zadorov, the rest have been shit.

Reactions: VanCanucks53

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
You guys are worse than Eagles fans.
This is the same team that curb stomped them in the first game of the season. In fact we're a better team than that team was.
If we lose, we lose, but back the boys until the end!!

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
What a disgusting effort offensively. Some on the coaching staff needs to get canned

i respect the level of buy in tocchet got from this team and i respect the record but he needs someone on the bench to takeover the tactical side of the game. his system just isn't a winning system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad