GDT: WCSF GM07 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Mon. May 20th | 6pm PST | SNP/CBC | Just Win, Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crinny

May 28, 2011
Barcelona, Spain

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
The last time this team's lost two in a row was March 25th and 28th. Since then, they've won the next game after a loss.

The Oilers are also still playing Skinner, who's proven to be a liability in the playoffs.

BELIEVE!!!

Last edited:

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Tocc has pretty much never broken them up. I don't really see him doing it in Game 7. If you want them both in the top-six, you're probably running:

Petey - Miller - Suter
Garland - Lindholm - Joshua

They'll get their minutes there. But it turns the Canucks into an explicitly two-line team. The other lines will accomplish nothing, at best, and more likely be massive liabilities at worst.

Completely fine with being a 2 line team for a game and much better than something like this:

Suter Miller Di Gisiuppe
Hoglander Petey Mikheyev
Joshua Lindholm Garland.

Can always limit the ice time of the bottom 6. It’s how we play against Mcdavid and Draisaitl that will make us or break us. Not the battle of the bottom 6.

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Haven't been to a home game in 7+ years (refused to support Benning), but I stayed in town a little longer after my friend's wedding and bought tickets for today.

I started some sick chants during the 2011 run as my voice is pretty damn loud (cabbie beater whenever Kane touched the puck in game 1, I was sitting next to BMac and he was howling :laugh:), so if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears. Win for Boesser is an obvious one for the start of the game.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Goals by:
Pettersson
Mikheyev
Lafferty
Hronek
Aman

Quote me when we win and all of the above happens

WiLBoY

Aug 29, 2009
Win or lose tonight, I just hope they give it their all and play a game without regrets. It's not every year you make it this far.

It's been a fantastic season and the playoffs have brought back excitement to the city.

We didn't have much expectations heading into this season but we have most definitely exceeded all expectations.

I'll be super proud of the team regardless and hopefully they can pull off one more miracle tonight. Win it for Boeser.

Win or lose, I hope the fans give the team a loud cheer in the end. They deserve it this year.

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
Win or lose tonight, I just hope they give it their all and play a game without regrets. It's not every year you make it this far.

It's been a fantastic season and the playoffs have brought back excitement to the city.

We didn't have much expectations heading into this season but we have most definitely exceeded all expectations.

I'll be super proud of the team regardless and hopefully they can pull off one more miracle tonight. Win it for Boeser.

Win or lose, I hope the fans give the team a loud cheer in the end. They deserve it this year.
I feel like Tocchet will find that way to get the team fired up and ready to play today.

Reactions: Indiana

3rd Sedin

Dec 15, 2010
Regina
4-2 Canucks

Lafferty scores first, Oilers pop a couple in.

We keep hitting them all game and they start to wear down. Zadorov scores, Petey scores, then Garland gets an empty netter.

Let’s do this!!

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
My partner and I have been struggling all weekend with some difficult news regarding fertility and having to perhaps go a different route than we'd initially planned. Regardless of what happens in this game, thank you to everyone for the humour and laughs this year, it's been a great ride and I hope it continues. This team has given us a lot to be proud of.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Sportsnet reporting that the blood-clot issue for Boeser is 'season-ending". He won't be back for the remainder of the playoffs.

I guess after a season of relative health, the playoffs have seen the luck run out. First Demko, and now Boeser. But like Silovs replacing Demko; it's the 'next man up' for Vancouver.

But even if the Canucks survive tonight, Boeser is a huge loss moving forward.

ForecheckBackcheck

Nov 2, 2019
Really going to need some of our under-performing (offensively or generally) guys to step up tonight.

A goal from any of the following players would be really clutch:

1. Petey
2. Mikheyev
3. Hronek
4. Cole
5. Blueger
6. Lafferty

I have feeling Miller, Lindholm and Hughes are gonna show up tonight regardless. So if some of the passengers also chip in we could be alright.

Go Canucks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad