GDT: WCSF GM07 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Mon. May 20th | 6pm PST | SNP/CBC | Just Win, Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
And for the love of god, get the first goal!
I think the Oilers have scored first in every game in this series. But slow starts aren't just a problem in these playoffs. It's something that has plagued the Canucks all season long.

It's imperative that the Canucks come out the way Oilers do at home, like they're shot out of a cannon.. Theoretically, starting Skinner in the deciding game should be a huge advantage for the Oilers, given his playoff experience. But that's not the way this season has unfolded.

If the Canucks can one or two early, the floodgates could open.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
The atmosphere before the game is going to be . . .

nuts-chestnut.gif

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
tyler myers in OT let's go

losing so badly last game might be a blessing in disguise. skinner sucks. he didn't have to make many saves, but he can't be confident going into this given how game 3 went. i think this could be a high scoring game, but i'm very confident that we can get more past skinner than they can past silovs.

you guys are talking about game to game momentum, but that's not really an observable factor. know what is? the penalty kill. we've successfully stifled the best powerplay in history for two games in a row with some significant adjustments. we also all know game 7 will likely see the whistles go away other than for undeniable calls. that bodes very well for us because it's unlikely that this becomes a special teams match up.

excited for tomorrow. much more on the line for the oilers. yeah, this might be joshua or zadorov's last game as a canuck. it might be draisaitl's last as an oiler.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I hate the lotto line. Hasn't worked much the entire season...

FAQ is the true winner this series.

To be fair, we haven't actually used it for more than 1-2 shifts a game. I don't love them potentially going to another new line at the last moment but this comes back to poor preparation on Tocchet for not experimenting almost at all earlier in the season or even in the playoffs once we were up. The fact it took until game 6 of the second round for him to break up Petey and Mik is, frankly, ridiculous.

That all said, we really don't have many options. I'm still tempted to keep Blueger with Garland and Joshua but oh boy did they look cold together. Which I didn't expect. So maybe putting them back with Lindholm is the better idea.

Alas, that leaves the Lotto line or Petey centering Hoglander and someone who hasn't scored (Pod) or a conga line of players who have no business anywhere on his wing (Mik, Lafferty).

I'd almost dare to try putting PDG with Petey. Or maybe we go back to the early season and roll PDG with Miller/Boeser and move Suter to Petey's line.

Reactions: Indiana

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
It certainly seems like Mikheyev getting back in - and being on Petey’s wing - is a possibility.

I hate that I agree with you but I'm dreading that very outcome too. I can't for the life of me understand why Tocchet is so bloody obsessed with this combination when it's failed pretty much all season. In fact, is there a single stretch where Petey and Mik have looked good together?

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
tyler myers in OT let's go

losing so badly last game might be a blessing in disguise. skinner sucks. he didn't have to make many saves, but he can't be confident going into this given how game 3 went. i think this could be a high scoring game, but i'm very confident that we can get more past skinner than they can past silovs.

you guys are talking about game to game momentum, but that's not really an observable factor. know what is? the penalty kill. we've successfully stifled the best powerplay in history for two games in a row with some significant adjustments. we also all know game 7 will likely see the whistles go away other than for undeniable calls. that bodes very well for us because it's unlikely that this becomes a special teams match up.

excited for tomorrow. much more on the line for the oilers. yeah, this might be joshua or zadorov's last game as a canuck. it might be draisaitl's last as an oiler.
No OT please, heart will explode

I guess the one upside with Mikheyev is the speed factor his ass better be back checking all day.
He better f***ing forecheck like crazy and win all the board battles.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
The Hoglander - Suter - Lafferty trio was effective in the first half of the season.

I think the best case scenario for this lineup is similar to the performance we had in game five, but I don’t see it having a higher ceiling.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I should stay away from this forum until game time. Every time today I read this thread or the main boards one I get crazy butterflies in the stomach, heart racing, crazy stress... Gonna ko before puck drop

• Love
Reactions: Indiana

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
The Hoglander - Suter - Lafferty trio was effective in the first half of the season.

I think the best case scenario for this lineup is similar to the performance we had in game five, but I don’t see it having a higher ceiling.
Tocchet saying Mik is healthy enough to play game 7.

Not sure what the lines will be now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad