GDT: WCSF GM07 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Mon. May 20th | 6pm PST | SNP/CBC | Just Win, Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
this is me until 6 pm tomorrow afternoon, only saying oilers, oilers, oilers

1716137746793.gif

1716137763018.gif

1716137796919.gif

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
Canucks battled hard all season, they won that last head to head in the regular season for this one advantage.
Home ice in game 7.

If the Canuck players share the same attitude with half of the people posting in here, they're done and it's going to be another blowout.
Because Oilers have nothing to be proud about. It's easily cup or bust for them, as it has been for the past several seasons.

Oilers got a big wake up call when they underestimated Canucks all season and now got pushed to the brink of elimination. Canucks really need to want it more if they want any chance to beat them in game 7.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
I hope at least for this one the refs put the whistles away and just let both teams play.

If they do somehow get a pp they have to try something else maybe Boeser on the point, Z in front of the net something different because it seems the Oilers have figure out the entry and when they do have possession they have that figured out too. Not sure how much they can actually practice or look at tape before the game but that could be the deciding factor if they get the opportunity.

Last edited:
Reactions: vadim sharifijanov

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Flush out game 6, it’s behind us. Play the best game of your lives in game 7!
You pretty much have to...Whether they lost in double OT, or got badly outplayed (like the Oilers in game 5), you just have to move past it , and on to the next game.

The Canucks earned the opportunity to take two cracks at eliminating the Oilers..They squandered the first..Hopefully, they put it all the table Monday night.

Zanon

Apr 4, 2008
Vancouver
Having to play against McDavid and Draisaitl in an elimination game is frightening. Canucks can make it interesting though, I think, if they can muster up some shots on Skinner.

For all the talk about Petey, Hughes has been a total non-factor this series. I think the Predators killed him.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Greatest thread / auto correct in the history of HFBoards.

My favourite post ever - only Bob McKenzie (yes, the real one) calling a user an “asshat” was close.

I said this lots of times: I truly, truly miss the days when sports media had so much swag and personalities.

Ferraro's What's Bugging Ray, Fraser's C'mon Ref, Botchford's Studs and Duds...etc, it was so much fun to see people being...people and let it loose.

Most sports MSM these days feel sterile and uninspired, like Travis Green post game interviews.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
How would you rank the playoffs so far in terms of tiers for players.

God Tier 1 - Miller, Boeser, garland, lindholm, zadorov

Great Tier 2 - Silovs, soucy, myers, suter

Good Tier 3 - Joshua, Bluegar, PDG, Hughes

Okay Tier 4 - Lafferty

Extremely Disappointing Tier 5 - Pettersson, Hronek, hoglander, Cole, Mikheyev

N/A - Pod, karlsson, juulson

I know people might think I’m being hard on EP40, because he has been better in the last couple games.

Unfortunately, it’s still does not make up the fact he’s been awful these entire playoffs.

How would you guys rank it?

Ps - Cole was the toughest decision, he was good against Nashville, but he’s been so dreadful against Edmonton, honestly it negates it

Last edited:

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver

Okay Tier 4 - Lafferty

I know people might think I’m being hard on EP40, because he has been better in the last couple games.

Unfortunately, it’s still does not make up the fact he’s been awful these entire playoffs.

Their should be a special tier for a guy like Mikheyev. Other than that I agree.

Last edited:
Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Ps - Cole was a tough one to place because he was good in Nashville, but he’s been so incredibly bad against the Oilers, that’s where I decided to go.
Their should be a special tier for a guy like Mikheyev. Other than that I agree.
That’s weird my edit didn’t go through.
I mentioned at the bottom that Cole it was good in Nashville, but he’s been so awful for the Oilers that it negated it

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
It’s probably better they lost this way where the game was one sided instead of a close game loss. More errors & tape to analyze. They won’t be delusional saying we did the right things in game 6 and if we do the same in game 7 we should get rewarded, they know they have to make a lot of changes from game 6 to win in game 7.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
That’s weird my edit didn’t go through.
I mentioned at the bottom that Cole it was good in Nashville, but he’s been so awful for the Oilers that it negated it
I think it’s the speed of the oilers plus they seem to know how to bank shots off him that is a skill though Canucks should do the same against Nurse/Ceci they are always scrambling in front of Skinner.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Woke up today and honestly don't feel as dejected as I did last night. I couldn't even discuss the game last night it was just too disheartening after that performance. But man, listening to Tocchet's post game presser even inspired me as a bum sitting in my living room. He's so even keeled and level headed that it was confidence inspiring. His tone sounded no different after last night than it did after Game 5 and that has to translate to the rest of team, or at least you'd like to think so.

Shit games like yesterday will happen over the course of a playoff run but how a team responds is more important. We've been resilient all year and we worked all season for this exact moment, to win the division and have home ice for Game 7. We already know we can play with these guys, we've done it all season and we'll do it again. I don't see this group of players coming out on home ice with that same effort in Game 6.

This series is still not over and we've got one game, in our barn, with our fans, last change, the better goaltender. The Oilers are the ones weighed down with the burden of expectations and we're playing with house money. They've got all the pressure and they have to try duplicating that same performance on the road. I'm not sure if they can..

Tomorrow is May 20th and we still have an active GDT up. We're not spitballing over lottery odds or watching YouTube videos of 17 year old kids from Latvia, we're watching our team play a real live game!

Take these pricks out. Go Canucks Go!

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018

Okay Tier 4 - Lafferty

Ps - Cole was the toughest decision, he was good against Nashville, but he’s been so dreadful against Edmonton, honestly it negates it

1. Miller
2. Boeser
3. Garland
4. Lindholm
5. Zadorov

6. Joshua
7. Myers
8. Soucy
9. Suter
10. Joshua

11. Blueger
12. Hughes