GDT: WCSF GM06 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Sat. May 18th | 5pm PST | SNP/CBC | Finish Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Tocchet's biggest weakness at work here. He just doesn't like making on the fly adjustments and relies completely on his one decision working.
Yeah lineup change worked amazing last game, looked like it was working early in this one but the Oilers changed their game and now we're behind the curve.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
If Demko is ready - he’s in net if I’m the coach. And that’s not a knock on Silovs. We just need a hasek like performance for game 7 and Demko can bring that.
If anything, it's a hail Mary just to change something to spark life back into this team...

I'm not sure if Silovs can be rock solid again for next game. Seems like Edmonton has full confidence they can pick him a part now. Put Demko in and maybe Edmonton might have newfound doubt.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Hughes was garbage tonight. Playing extremely soft. Starts with the guy who has the C on his chest. Bailing out on dump ins and throwing pucks up the boards for turnovers is just a pathetic style of hockey to play, injured or not.

I said it to Tocchet and he finally made adjustments. So it's Hughes turn.

Someone needs to take the Norris he'll likely win and smack him upside the head with it.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
There was one good zone entry this period. When Podkolzin creatively skated it in to the goal line and passed it back to the point, when Myers took a shot that was blocked. How come we cant repeat that?

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
This is really not the period you should come out with in the third, after an absolute dud of a 2nd...and the chance to put these guys away. Same rope a dope nonsense they pulled against Nashville really.

I just don't get this team sometimes. JT Bozo is the emotional heartbeat of the team...but it feels like too often Petey is the guy who sets the urgency level for the team. And that's not great.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I guess if you're going to lose, you might as well lose big. Just a disappointing effort all around.

Hughes is looking like he's skating on egg-shells out there, waiting to be hit again. The Oilers have totally neutralized him. But this is the first game of the series where the Canucks look like the tired team. Just no bite on the forecheck, and little pushback.

Oh well, it always figured to be a 'toss-up' series I guess. But the history of the Canucks in 7th games on home ice is a checkered one.

Reactions: Indiana
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad