GDT: WCSF GM06 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Sat. May 18th | 5pm PST | SNP/CBC | Finish Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetMapel

May 27, 2014
This is going to be a game of two extremes. If we win, oilers is going to meltdown on skinner and the decision to start him. If we lose, it’s going to be Jack Adam-level 4D chess move and oilers is winning the cup this year. I hope we don’t get too careless and casual with this game.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Yep. It was almost a given each game that we'd get the lead and sit on it for the third. And yes, I think that really changed in the second half, and particularly with Demko's injury. It was extremely noticeable, and I think it had to do with having less confidence in goal. But it's not a great way to play long term I think, and I liked that they got back to their earlier ways a bit in game 5.
Yeah I don’t know if they did that because of Demko or because they want to get the players used to shelling up and absorbing pressure. Either way we got a ton of reps letting the other team shoot from the outside and we just clear everything that is dangerous.

Reactions: ziploc

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
giphy.gif

Silovs confirmed ready to start.

Last edited:

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Zippgunnnnnnn vs. Reality: round 58903.

The Canucks have averaged less than one more shot against per game in this series than they did in the regular season, against the team with the most SOG in the entire league in the regular season.

The Oilers are averaging 4 fewer shots per game in this series than they did in the regular season.

Silovs is averaging 0.15 more shots against per game in this series, against the team with the most SOG in the entire league in the regular season, than Demko did in the regular season.

The Oilers are averaging 2.6 fewer shots per game in this series against the Canucks than they did in their series against the notoriously defensively-oriented Kings.
How about if we just compare both teams' averages against teams that made the playoffs? That would eliminate the games against weaker teams and create a more fair comparison to a post season match-up.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
NY and Dal have their NBA still in it.

NYK vs IND in game 7 on Sunday.
DAL vs OKC in game 6 tonight. If game 7, it's on Monday
DEN vs Min in game 7 on Sunday.
Boston advanced

Currently on NBA website:

It shows Boston hosting either IND or NYK on Tuesday and it's every other day. Sat and Mon would be in NY if Knicks advance. Which would be fine since Rags have home ice. But, figure the NHL doesn't want to split the NY audience so if the Knicks advance, NYR and FLA would most likely be Wed/Fri/Sun.

Western side starts on Wed, and also every other day. If Dallas advanced, they would be the road team. So, there is no overlap with American Airlines Center between Mavs and Stars. Thus, Stars would get the Tue, Thur, Sat, schedule (depending on when the NHL decides to start round 3).

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
How about if we just compare both teams' averages against teams that made the playoffs? That would eliminate the games against weaker teams and create a more fair comparison to a post season match-up.

If you're keen to go find that, have at it.

I'm pretty satisfied that the Oilers managing fewer shots per game against the Canucks than they did against the f***ing Kings, of all teams, is reasonably suggestive that they're making a decent effort at limiting the Oilers' SOG.

Last edited:

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I am mentally prepared for game 7, being the cynical pessimist I always am.

Oilers will be pissed off and motivated to blast the gates open, as they are playing on their own turf. I can 100% see Buttman and his f*** boys being livid with the lack of game 7s in round 2, and screams at their pet zebras to push this game to the brink, no matter the cost. Especially now that their first golden goose Nathan MacKinnon is out, despite their best efforts, the league will be hell bent on pushing their favorite cry baby to the pedestal. Every time our guys so much as giving McDavid a dirty look will give the zebras excuse to screw us square in the ass. Also, that 0/5 PP performance, I just cannot see Oilers repeating it.

I am hoping that I will be proven wrong, as our guys have shown the kind of resilience that can only come from the deepest part of their hearts after nearly a decade of unimaginable suffering. But I still am not sure.

Guess we will find out in about 9 hours.

I'm with you there. I would love for this series to be finished tonight but this Oilers core is going to lay it all out on the ice tonight. Factoring in the inevitable series/game management by the NHL...and it just feels like Game 7 is in the cards.

Reactions: Zanon

alicia

~
Apr 11, 2011
Vancouver, B.C
I hate Saturday night hockey. I'm always working on Saturdays!!

That said, I'll be having the radio on (maybe a stream if I'm lucky?) and cheering loud! Let's go, boys! Finish them!

Reactions: Killer Orcas

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Give me a break, was it his injury that caused him to screen Silovs? Deflecting and shooting puck into own net, was that also because he's hurt?

Round 2 closing up in playoffs, players playing hurt, cry me a river.

Translation : Ian Cole's agent texted Dhaliwal that he wants some help on Cole's image for free agency.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Give me a break, was it his injury that caused him to screen Silovs? Deflecting and shooting puck into own net, was that also because he's hurt?

Round 2 closing up in playoffs, players playing hurt, cry me a river.
This series is over without coles eight goals for edm

Reactions: Zanon

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
I personally think that's more the difference in speed this series is being played at.

Cole's agent : Yes, injury hampered his speed, won't be an issue next year! Someone give him a multi year contract please!

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Cole's agent : Yes, injury hampered his speed, won't be an issue next year! Someone give him a multi year contract please!
Some idiot will bite.

"Treliving signs Cole to a 3 year 9 million contract."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad