GDT: WCSF GM06 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Sat. May 18th | 5pm PST | SNP/CBC | Finish Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

At this point it doesn’t matter who’s wearing the stripes, their mandate seems pretty clear - get McDavid and Draisaitl to the next round. Going to have to get through both the Oilers and the crap officiating to get it done. Hope the PK is ready to ride again.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby

At this point it doesn’t matter who’s wearing the stripes, their mandate seems pretty clear - get McDavid and Draisaitl to the next round. Going to have to get through both the Oilers and the crap officiating to get it done. Hope the PK is ready to ride again.

I suspect after the last game the officiating will be under a microscope tonight. I would be surprised if we get a repeat of what we saw the other night despite it being the NHL

Reactions: Zippgunn

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Slept terribly, super excited for the game, cant believe its so early tho!

Team has to hit hard on Draisatl Mcdavid Henrique and Ekholm. Altho sounds like Henrique is pretty banged up anyways, we will see. Miller madness from the end of last game will drive the Canucks tonight

GO CANUCKS GO

Man I love this team :yo:

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
I suspect after the last game the officiating will be under a microscope tonight. I would be surprised if we get a repeat of what we saw the other night despite it being the NHL

Of course it would be under a microscope, the league needs McDavid to win the cup, they will throw everything at the Canucks tonight.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Slept terribly, super excited for the game, cant believe its so early tho!

Team has to hit hard on Draisatl Mcdavid Henrique and Ekholm. Altho sounds like Henrique is pretty banged up anyways, we will see. Miller madness from the end of last game will drive the Canucks tonight

GO CANUCKS GO

Man I love this team :yo:

It’s weird being on the other end of physically wearing players down for once - seems like it always happens to us. And winning this game is crucial with Dallas now cooling their Jets until the WCF.

We just need to come out ready to play a full 60 like we did in Game 5. Keep the Oilers back on their heels the whole time and take the fight right back to them.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
I said it last time, but the most aggravating thing about the McDavid diving isn’t that he draws the penalty most times, it’s that the broadcast crew isn’t even willing to suggest that he might have dived.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
I said it last time, but the most aggravating thing about the McDavid diving isn’t that he draws the penalty most times, it’s that the broadcast crew isn’t even willing to suggest that he might have dived.

If they did, the referees might give them a penalty

Reactions: MS and crazychimp

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011

Henrique for Perry is an upgrade - have to view Skinner starting as an opportunity. Get in his head early, boys.

I actually thought Perry was decent in Game 5, especially when he used his strength to control the behind the net. His lack of footspeed made him rather useless off the rush though.

Henrique is a big upgrade in their top 9 though.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Henrique (if healthy) is a massive boost for them. He's been very good for them since the trade.
Perry has been a complete shell of himself these playoffs. He was actually quite strong for them in the reg season. Buh bye.

We're gonna be in for a great one tonight.

I'm smelling overtime...

Nopefully

Nov 11, 2023
I actually thought Perry was decent in Game 5, especially when he used his strength to control the behind the net. His lack of footspeed made him rather useless off the rush though.

Henrique is a big upgrade in their top 9 though.
Agreed - Perry had that dangerous wraparound chance in the third. He is slow though, probably want more speed on their forecheck.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Reactions: Jovofan and Ozone

Pacific Canuck

Oct 26, 2017
Skinner starting makes no sense as Pickard has been much better per the eye test. Wonder if Pickard was injured last game or is sick?

Lots of despair on the oiler GDT with skinner starting :)

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
On the one hand, visitors have clinched in game 6 in every series so far. The universe likes symmetry, so that's in our favour.

On the other hand, the hockey gods like game 7s, so that works against us.

Then there's the commercial interest in keeping McDavid in the hunt.

The hockey gods and commercial interests make for a formidable foe.

But we've got JT f***in Miller, so let's go!

Reactions: bh53 and M2Beezy

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Henrique (if healthy) is a massive boost for them. He's been very good for them since the trade.
Perry has been a complete shell of himself these playoffs. He was actually quite strong for them in the reg season. Buh bye.

We're gonna be in for a great one tonight.

I'm smelling overtime...
No way he's 100% healthy, hit him a few times and he will crumble or give the puck away often

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It’s been alternating wins. Need to break the pattern tonight and come out with a strong start. No more having to come from behind. Let’s get the lead and keep it!
The other 3 series finished in 6 with the higher seed closing it out on the road. Van needs to follow suit as this is the last series to finish round 2. Better to close it out today than on Monday as round 3 will start based on who they want to see on Sat/Sun next week.

Whoever plays Sat, will play Thursday and maybe Tuesday if the Canucks finish it out tonight.
Sunday, would then play Friday and Wed. Unlikely to start on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad