GDT: WCSF GM06 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Sat. May 18th | 5pm PST | SNP/CBC | Finish Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Yes. Haven't you noticed the number of posters who are clearly waiting for any sort of slip up by Silovs so that Demko can come back in as soon as is humanly possible even though he is/was clearly not ready? Folks were posting about how terrible it was that we were missing Demko while Silovs was shutting out Nashville for the series clincher. It's ridiculous. One could reasonably argue that Silovs is the reason we're still in the playoffs.
I have to reluctantly concur......even as he's standing on his head to make 10-bell saves, some posters are still picking holes in Silovs' game. Without him, there's no way they probably would have vanquished Nashville or lead the current series,

With the exception of the last game, the Oilers have controlled the shot-clock and the time of possession through the first four games. And he continues to give them a big edge in goal, no matter who the Oilers go to at the other end.

Why are people waiting for him to fail? There's no evidence that I can see that Demko would be doing any better.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I have to reluctantly concur......even as he's standing on his head to make 10-bell saves, some posters are still picking holes in Silovs' game. Without him, there's no way they probably would have vanquished Nashville or lead the current series,

With the exception of the last game, the Oilers have controlled the shot-clock and the time of possession through the first four games. And he continues to give them a big edge in goal, no matter who the Oilers go to at the other end.

Why are people waiting for him to fail? There's no evidence that I can see that Demko would be doing any better.
Nobody wants him to fail, if he fails we are out. What the hell are you talking about.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC

Healthy Demko, or Demko right now?

I do agree that people have been delusional about the likelihood of Demko coming back healthy or being good in any capacity. It's not happening. If he does, it would likely be an act of desperation where he'll probably look worse than what we're getting from Silovs, I think. I would say to not even start thinking about that unless we somehow get all the way to the finals, and even then, it might be a longshot.

That said, while Silovs has been good (obviously better than the Edmonton goalies), and relative to expectations incredible, I wouldn't say that without context, he's looked like an outright dominant goaltender or anything, and the standard that we've come to expect from a healthy Demko (especially the unrealistically high bar he's set for himself in the playoffs) is still a lot higher quality goaltending than what we're currently getting, in my opinion. He's keeping us in it and that's more than you could hope for, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChilliBilly

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
To me this game is for the Stanley Cup. Beating a cup favorite team in 6 and advancing to the WCF is making a clear statement to the rest of the league.

Unfortunately this team is just too battered and has played an exhausting style of hockey the past 11 games. Going any further will be a huge ask. 1 more win is all I ask though.

Still proud of them. You can see the fatigue and exhaustion on their faces and they are overcoming shit officiating too.
You know who's not tired? Demko.
If we advance we have a top 3 goalie fresh as can be facing a team he dominates quite often and a team we play very well against.

It won't be a quick series if we advance.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Now that the Avs are out, got room for one more on the bandwagon? I'd love to see Big Z lift the Cup.

As long as you're okay with Hughes winning the Conn Smythe to match Makar's 2022 season of Cup Smythe Norris

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
As long as you're okay with Hughes winning the Conn Smythe to match Makar's 2022 season

That would take some insane games for Hughes to have a shot at the Smythe.

Let's just win another game first.

olafsson

Jun 18, 2017
Need a full game effort like game 5 and the Canucks smear this win into the smug faces of Oilers fans in their own rink. Let’s f***ing go, boys. Elimination game, get it done!

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
IMG_0054.jpeg

It is game day, my dudes.

AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad