GDT: WCSF GM06 | Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Sat. May 18th | 5pm PST | SNP/CBC | Finish Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrysalis99

Fredo Fatquilini SUCKS
Nov 16, 2021
Danbury Trashers
The media treatment of this team has been downright disgraceful.

Everyone loves underdogs and David v Goliath situations. The rags-to-riches rise of the Canucks this season and the Silovs saviour stories literally write themselves. In any sane unbiased media environment, reporters should be falling over themselves to praise this team's story arc. It's just great emotion-based reporting - full stop.

Instead, it's a firehose of how "unlucky" Edmonton has been and how Vancouver has gotten "errant bounces".

CBC especially - as a supposedly national broadcaster - has been transparently tilted.

I get that McJesus and several other high-profile Oilers are Canadian and we have almost none on our squad, but this is about fanbases more than it is about players. They seem to forget that.

So, yeah. As horrifyingly bad as the reffing has been, this media bullshit is almost worse for me.

For last night anyway, I didnt have to switch to Canucks radio and was happy listening to the American coverage. It was great with Olcsyk on the game and the studio crew very complementary of the Canucks. Compared to prior ESPN games with the Nashville series and the idiot women color commentator. She was getting players names wrong and watching a different game than I was with her horrible takes. I switched to Canucks radio and adjusted the TV playback to match and turn her sorry azz off. Hopefully she won't be on anymore Canucks games, or any games for that matter. Whoever she was should be fired.

overboard

Oct 1, 2020
Vancouver
For last night anyway, I didnt have to switch to Canucks radio and was happy listening to the American coverage. It was great with Olcsyk on the game and the studio crew very complementary of the Canucks. Compared to prior ESPN games with the Nashville series and the idiot women color commentator. She was getting players names wrong and watching a different game than I was with her horrible takes. I switched to Canucks radio and adjusted the TV playback to match and turn her sorry azz off. Hopefully she won't be on anymore Canucks games, or any games for that matter. Whoever she was should be fired.
She was the worst.

JohnWillow

May 27, 2015
Arty playing far better on the road in these playoffs (93.2%) so this will be a W.

Attachments

• 20240517_230158.jpg
    20240517_230158.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 3

WiLBoY

Aug 29, 2009
Then only thing that matters is who wants it more on Saturday. Little tweaks here and there only do so much. The team that is willing to put it all on the line will be the one to win in game 6.

drax0s

Mar 18, 2014
Vancouver, BC.
Man, viewing party tickets vanished in like 5 mins. Was trying to get tickets for me and my kid and noticed they were avail 5 minutes too late. :(

Edit: and of course they're already up for resale at 4-8x the price. Gross.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Man, viewing party tickets vanished in like 5 mins. Was trying to get tickets for me and my kid and noticed they were avail 5 minutes too late. :(

Now showing up on the secondary market at a 1000% markup. I hate scalpers so much.

For viewing events.....Impose limits (4) and ensure the attendee presents ID which matches a name/residence tied to the tickets.

Reactions: drax0s

beckstreaker07

Jul 2, 2009
Now showing up on the secondary market at a 1000% markup. I hate scalpers so much.

For viewing events.....Impose limits (4) and ensure the attendee presents ID which matches a name/residence tied to the tickets.
I don't get how Ticketmaster still has a monopoly on tickets for everything after that scalping program scandal in 2018 I think it was.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck

Edit: and of course they're already up for resale at 4-8x the price. Gross.
Check them again tomorrow around noon. The last couple of watch parties the prices dropped to around or even below face value.

Reactions: drax0s
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad