GDT: WCSF GM05 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Thur. May 16th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | So Tight, Almost Like a Playoff Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

drax0s

Mar 18, 2014
Vancouver, BC.
So like shitposting aside - these two teams are incredibly evenly matched that I still don't feel comfortable picking a winnerof this series. Each of the games in this series has been decided by one goal and could've gone either way with a bit of luck.

I'm glad we're making it interesting after so many were predicting the Canucks would get dummied this series though.

Reactions: TruKnyte and Dust

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
I haven't insulted anything, your argument is a player on my team who retired did stuff 10 years ago so I can't believe in the rules. It's asinine :laugh:
He was just an example, as I was trying to help you understand… shame on me.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Imagine getting called for diving, the lowest penalty that is assessed and still comolaining that the other team dives.
So even jumping straight up like EP is charging?

Just curious. What would the call be if EP jumped out of the away from the hit, but still got hit?
believe it or not, straight to jail

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
This series has been funny. One game everyone mocks the oilers

You just have two read 2 posts up from yours. You’ll find your explanation right there.
Nope. Here’s the rule. Distance travelled is part of a charge.
Here's the language: 42.1 Charging - A minor or major penalty shall be imposed on a player who skates, jumps into or charges an opponent in any manner. Charging shall mean the actions of any player who, as a result of distance traveled, shall violently check an opponent in any manner.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
I noticed you didn’t quote the whole rule.
Distance travelled is a necessary condition.
Here's the language: 42.1 Charging - A minor or major penalty shall be imposed on a player who skates, jumps into or charges an opponent in any manner. Charging shall mean the actions of any player who, as a result of distance traveled, shall violently check an opponent in any manner.

No kidding, all rules are open to interpretation.

When was the last time a player being HIT was ever called for charging?

Here's another rule

Rule 8.3 – Interference​

Interference is when a player commits any of the following actions:

1. Interferes with or impedes the progress of an opponent, who is not in possession of the puck.
If we go by this rule, technically almost any "reverse hit' is interference too - how often does the player hitting someone has the puck?

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
How many cups you got? Thought so.
Leafs fans? I have no idea. Ask them. It was a light hearted joke about the Leafs being eliminated early every year. It wasn't good to begin with, now it's bad because I had to explain it because you thought it was a shot at the Oilers.

And for the record I wish the Leafs nothing but success, I went to a game there this year and it was a lot of fun.

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
No kidding, all rules are open to interpretation.

When was the last time a player being HIT was ever called for charging?

Here's another rule

Rule 8.3 – Interference​

Interference is when a player commits any of the following actions:

1. Interferes with or impedes the progress of an opponent, who is not in possession of the puck.
If we go by this rule, technically almost any "reverse hit' is interference too - how often does the player hitting someone has the puck?
If Interference was called going by this rule, there would be a penalty called every 10 seconds.

Players always purposely get in the way or nudge opposing players chasing after loose lucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad