GDT: WCSF GM05 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Thur. May 16th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | So Tight, Almost Like a Playoff Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Im still shocked that Tocchet didn’t make the adjustment to attack sooner. The best way to prevent such a potent PP is to prevent them from getting an easy entry and setting up.

I complained about this for awhile, you will never beat a PP if you are not aggressive or collapse around the goalie, to many talented players that can easily do what they want with that much space.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Swing and a miss.
It was called a charge. A charge is a play where a player skates for distance and hits a player. Youre out to lunch on this one.
Rule 42.1: Charging - A minor or major penalty shall be imposed on a player who skates, JUMPS INTO, or charges an opponent in ANY manor.

Jumping into contact coming at you is jumping into contact in any manner.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
If you are for the Oilers I bet you do
1715923442730.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 22Brad Park

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Im still shocked that Tocchet didn’t make the adjustment to attack sooner. The best way to prevent such a potent PP is to prevent them from getting an easy entry and setting up.

Connor Mcdavid is skating full speed with the puck with all that extra open ice, good luck preventing that PP from getting setup. You figure out how to do that without hiding his skate blades between intermissions and you'll have 31 teams lining up for your services.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Rule 42.1: Charging - A minor or major penalty shall be imposed on a player who skates, JUMPS INTO, or charges an opponent in ANY manor.
Well, this was in an arena, so we're free and clear, yeah? :sarcasm:

E: Like, was Super Mario leaping onto EP from above and the camera just didn't catch it? Jumps upwards != into.

• Haha
Reactions: Turbonium

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Still lots of hockey left, expect Edmonton to come out firing on Saturday. Feels good winning the game after witnessing all that diving though.

ONTO THE NEXT ONE!

Reactions: LivingRentFree

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
The refs did their best to pave the way for the Oilers as usual. It's honestly embarrassing to watch. The league has become like the NBA. You don't even have to touch LeBron for it to be a foul. Same with McDavid.

Luckily for the Canucks the Oilers PP wasn't as lethal as usual. Once again, the Canucks are the vastly superior team at 5 on 5.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Jumpi
I can’t wait for the leagues explanation as to how EP got called for charging when he was standing still. Even Oiler homer Craig Simpson was shocked by the call.

Jumping into a hit is considered charging. Refs perspective, position, interpretation? I mean, standing in pace.... But obviously left feet

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Yet all you’ve managed to think of is insults. You still don’t have an answer after two hours after being so confident before.

I haven't insulted anything, your argument is a player on my team who retired did stuff 10 years ago so I can't believe in the rules. It's asinine :laugh:

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015

so instead he should just sit there and let the guy run him, leading to injury. no. I don't think so bro.

Reactions: Red

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

I noticed you didn’t quote the whole rule.
Distance travelled is a necessary condition.
Here's the language: 42.1 Charging - A minor or major penalty shall be imposed on a player who skates, jumps into or charges an opponent in any manner. Charging shall mean the actions of any player who, as a result of distance traveled, shall violently check an opponent in any manner.

Skate2Stick

Oct 12, 2013
This series has been funny. One game everyone mocks the oilers
I can’t wait for the leagues explanation as to how EP got called for charging when he was standing still. Even Oiler homer Craig Simpson was shocked by the call.
You just have two read 2 posts up from yours. You’ll find your explanation right there.

647Hockey

May 5, 2024

So even jumping straight up like EP is charging?

Just curious. What would the call be if EP jumped out of the away from the hit, but still got hit?

Reactions: Red and MS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad