GDT: WCSF GM05 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Thur. May 16th | 7pm PST | SNP/CBC | So Tight, Almost Like a Playoff Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Apparently put Pickard in over Skinner was a masterstroke and had nothing to do with the fact the Nucks played like shit for most of the game.

The complete disregard for the Canucks and ass licking of the Oilers is making me sick.

Just beat them please.

Otherwise I need to get off the grid till Septmeber.

Reactions: Indiana

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
The reality is, Petey has been playing bad for several months. Unfortunately, trying to work your way out of a multi-month slump during the playoffs is a recipe for disaster and isn't likely to occur. So, I think if we are being honest with ourselves, we need to resign ourselves to the fact that Petey isn't going to return to form in these playoffs. We have to hope he does that next season.

However, what we can hope for, is that he can still have some game breaking attributes with his talent alone (i.e., shot). As an example, he had a great shot that went off of Pickard's stick (bad luck for Petey) last game. He didn't really do much in terms of effort or moving his feet to generate that shot, it really came from a bad breakdown of Edmonton's defnese, but we need him to take advantage of these types of opportunities.

Unfortunately, its just very unlikely that we are going to see any dynamism out of Petey are this point.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Our lines are not creating offensive opportunities so why keep the top 2 intact? Get EP aome half decent wingers. Sit MIk and laff and get hogs and podz in

We were successful earlier this season by being offensively aggressive with the Oilers. For some reason we have reverted to playing defensively and conservative….. defending the deficit

Leif Rohlin

Jan 25, 2024
Pettersson-Miller-Boeser
Joshua-Lindholm-Garland
Hoglander-Lekkermaki/Sasson-Karlsson
Suter-Lafferty-Podkolzin

Hughes-Hronek
Soucy-Myers
Zadorov-Friedman

If the lotto line can't get it done, sit Pettersson, and he, Bluger, Mikheyev, Juulsen and Cole can have a "never on this roster again" party during game 6.
What?

Blueger has been consistently solid at ES and maybe our best forward on the PK (Lindholm right there as well).

Lafferty and Hoglander have not been good.

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
Not a fan of how he straight up refused to answer the second question.
Not a fan of the whole interview. Body language is the same on the ice. Just makes me shake my head in disappointment.

How can you say you are trying when you go over video with their coaches and you see yourself losing 90% of your battles?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I can kind of get it if Petey has COVID or is recovering from it. He doesn't really sound healthy in that presser. And I hadn't really thought about that before seeing the video.

I mean, that's a possibility for the 4 games in this series since he was sick immediately before the series.

It doesn't explain the 20 games before that which looked basically identical to this. Or the 60 games prior to that which weren't great, either.

Reactions: Szechwan and God

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Not a fan of the whole interview. Body language is the same on the ice. Just makes me shake my head in disappointment.

How can you say you are trying when you go over video with their coaches and you see yourself losing 90% of your battles?

When Kravtsov was here I mentioned the difference between 'trying' and 'competing'.

You can 'try' in the sense of trying to be diligent on the backcheck and follow the system and not just lazily let guys skate past you. But 'competing' is that last 10% where you outwork a guy to get a loose puck that theoretically you only had a 30% chance of getting to, where you go into hard areas to make plays, where you attack the opposition and get inside them rather than 'trying' but getting pushed to the outside.

In his head Pettersson is probably 'trying' but he's sure as shit not competing.

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
hopefully hog after getting scratched, he finds his offense again and shows up once he gets back in the lineup.

and also play pod.

beckstreaker07

Jul 2, 2009
Holy hell. Petey looks absolutely defeated. Looks like he would rather be anywhere else
I can't blame him; I would want to be anywhere else than in front of media. I get people want more out of him but it's not like answering the same questions over and over is going to be what gets him out of the slump; Probably just compounding the issue if it is mental.

• Love

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
That young man is completely defeated. A couple of bounces going his way may do wonders for him.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Hopefully Petey can bounce back.

Have to think Hoglander draws back in. You've just got to put a guy who had 24 regular season goals and is known for his hustle and compete back in and hope he breaks through, especially after sitting for two games.

After that it gets tougher. Podkolzin's mix of size and speed is enticing. Have to think if PDG's personal matters have resolved that he draws back in as well.

Karlsson and Aman are easy subs out - but if anyone else is going to come out, you're likely looking at Lafferty and Mikheyev.

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
5 or 6 guys tocchet says

EP cole hronek mikheyev lafferty hog. Time to show up.

Best of 3 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad