Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM05 | Canucks defeat Oilers | 3-2 (Soucy, Di Giuseppe, & Miller) | JT MILLER *clap* *clap* *clap*

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
beautiful domination by vancouver. kudos to tocheet for making the lineup changes. he rolled all 4 lines. miller is the heart and soul of the canucks. petey was good tonight had a couple of looks. that one play in the slot he sort of hesitated. but shot it anyways. soucy myers pairing solid. i think they should do 11f 7d. or sit cole out and put in friedman. oilers speed way too much for cole to handle. powerplay still needs to get better though. 4th game is the hardest to win,. i expect the oilers to come out if their life depended on it. the fatigue is already showing on mcdavid and draistial. everyone who saw their mins gone up and playing every second shift is hurting them and backfiring.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Underrated play by the linesman there.

On the replay it looked like it would have been pretty tough for him to see what exactly happened and he was right on the money when he was pointing at Draisaitl indicating that Drai brought it back in.

If the linesman gets confused there and blows it down, which could have easily happened, we don't get that goal.
True story, nobody would have blinked if that had been blown dead.

Maybe the refs and linesmen should all switch.

• Haha
Reactions: kanucks25

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Canucks fam, yo. Check this out.

We're literally a win away from the Western Conference Finals.

:biglaugh::highclap::5::handclap::yo::yo::yo::yo::yo::yo:

Man I love this team!

We must still take caution. Remember, nothing is done until it's done.

With their backs against the wall and zebras licking their assholes, and McWhinyLittleBITCH cranking his waaahhhhhh meter to the max to Buttman, the Oilers will NOT repeat a 0/5 power play performance.

It will be an exponentially more difficulty battle, I hope our boys are ready.

Only easy day is yesterday.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
I want the Canucks to keep playing the way they did tonight. It is hardly a given that a rusty Demko would be an upgrade on Silovs if he continues to play the way he has been: I would keep playing Silovs at least until he has a bad game.

Silovs has been average overall. He's making big saves but he's also let a couple of leaky ones in over the last two series. I wouldn't start Silovs over a healthy Demko. We won't need DeSmith next year though, Silovs clearly has the backup job.

AD16

Aug 6, 2020
I don’t typically condone throwing litter on the ice but my goodness the reffing was so blatantly biased and just sickening. They should be absolutely ashamed of themselves and they deserved every piece of litter that was thrown on the ice. Sometimes enough is enough and while I wasn’t one to throw anything on the ice, I’m in a way proud of the people who did. There’s literally no other medium for fans to convey their frustration with the league actually taking notice, frustration in this case that was completely justified. There’s simply no accountability.

Good on the players for not letting the reffing take them off their game. They beat two teams tonight. What a joke of a league.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I don’t typically condone throwing litter on the ice but my goodness the reffing was so blatantly biased and just sickening. They should be absolutely ashamed of themselves and they deserved every piece of litter that was thrown on the ice. Sometimes enough is enough and while I wasn’t one to throw anything on the ice, I’m in a way proud of the people who did. There’s literally no other medium for fans to convey their frustration with the league actually taking notice, frustration in this case that was completely justified. There’s simply no accountability.

Good on the players for not letting the reffing take them off their game. They beat two teams tonight. What a joke of a league.

But but but the NHL said that they are holding refs accountable! They even added the wink wink nudge nudge.

WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE have been added!!!

What more do you peasants WANT????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WiLBoY

Aug 29, 2009
I just want to say how important Carson Soucy is to this team. It seems that whenever we have him, our defense is just so much better. Earlier in the year when he was injured, that was when we started losing a ton of games.

He seems like such a solid player back there. A bad pinch today but overall he has been a rock for us.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
is anyone able to help me spot the difference

1715932543537.png

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I'd still be shocked if this series doesn't return to VanCity for a game #7.....Canucks weathered another shaky first period and then took over the last 40 minutes.

But I also never thought I'd ever see the Oilers go 0-5 on the PP and McDavid blanked for the third game in a row. If the Canucks get whistled for another five minors on Saturday night, it'll be a long evening.

Podkolzin and Hoglander were great coming back out of the press-box.....still having trouble understanding why Podz has been benched. He's a real force on the forecheck.

And although lots of praise has been heaped on Pickard, I though Silovs was forced to make at least five or six 10-bell saves in this one. He should be allowed to finish the series, no matter what happens in Edmonton on Saturday.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
I'd still be shocked if this series doesn't return to VanCity for a game #7.....Canucks weathered another shaky first period and then took over the last 40 minutes.

But I also never thought I'd ever see the Oilers go 0-5 on the PP and McDavid blanked for the third game in a row. If the Canucks get whistled for another five minors on Saturday night, it'll be a long evening.

Yeah, this has been a nail biter series all the way through thus far.

Kinda boggles my mind that despite McDavid more or less being neutered the Oilers faithful are still in heavy denial on the Canucks taking it to them.

Podkolzin and Hoglander were great coming back out of the press-box.....still having trouble understanding why Podz has been benched. He's a real force on the forecheck.
Pod was pretty rough in the regular season, particularly in the Winnipeg game where he was full-on chicken-headed. I can understand limiting his chances in a tight defensive series v. Nashville and putting him into the lineup when the team needs a spark. I thought he asserted himself well, though I'd keep him on a short leash.

And although lots of praise has been heaped on Pickard, I though Silovs was forced to make at least five or six 10-bell saves in this one. He should be allowed to finish the series, no matter what happens in Edmonton on Saturday.

Silovs has to be the MVP of the series. There's no way RT is going to drop Demko in barring the Canucks getting lit up like 10-0 or something. Do we even know if he's healthy yet? I know he's been skating.

Reactions: TruKnyte

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
I just want to say how important Carson Soucy is to this team. It seems that whenever we have him, our defense is just so much better. Earlier in the year when he was injured, that was when we started losing a ton of games.

He seems like such a solid player back there. A bad pinch today but overall he has been a rock for us.

Soucy gives Willie Mitchell vibes IMO. He's just a rock in his own zone, fantastic reach + stick work. It honestly seems like whomever he is paired with, they just look better.

HelloCookie

Nov 23, 2016
Finland
As long as the trainers keep the ice bags cold and available šilovs should be starting in this series. I have full confidence

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I don't know what fan you are, and frankly I don't give a shit. If you want a piece of this, come in, sit down, have a cold one on the house.
7a105ad0c35b09357e29699da2ff4618a45c1a92.gifv
I'm a Ducks fan so it did felt weird at first, but you guys also have awesome board so hats off. I will indeed take a few beers soon and will keep on cheering on the Canucks!
A lot of new Canucks fans in Latvia as well :)

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
I'm a Ducks fan so it did felt weird at first, but you guys also have awesome board so hats off. I will indeed take a few beers soon and will keep on cheering on the Canucks!
A lot of new Canucks fans in Latvia as well :)
Better be fans here are keeping your goalie )

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
You still have to rub your eyes in disbelief that the Canucks are now a win away from the Conference Finals with Silovs carrying the mail in the crease. I mean, how is this happening?

And heading into Game #6 if the Oilers stick with Pickard or go back to Skinner; you'd have to say that the Canucks still have an edge between the pipes.

As an improbable story as there's ever been in Canuck playoff lore.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Damn these chants were so much louder in person than on the TV. I wish they did a better job passing through the crowd noise. (This is not my footage).

• Love
Reactions: Red and andora

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad