Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM05 | Canucks defeat Oilers | 3-2 (Soucy, Di Giuseppe, & Miller) | JT MILLER *clap* *clap* *clap*

HelloCookie

Nov 23, 2016
Finland
Regarding the EP40 penalty, looks like it was called right. Maybe was mentioned here earlier but i can't keep up with the thread.

Rule 42 - Charging
42.1 Charging - A minor or major penalty shall be imposed on a player
who skates, jumps into or charges an opponent in any manner.

I don't like it though, at least this time around, because it was glorious

Reactions: Killer Orcas

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
They cannot let Lindholm go. If they want to win a Stanley Cup in the Demko window having Lindholm around makes it far more likely.

This guy is way too important. And what a phenomenal play he makes on the winner.

Credit to Petey aswell, 2 massive plays on that goal & I thought he was good tonight. Good response for him & a great response from the team after that incredibly soft effort in game 4.

They were the opposite of soft tonight! top to bottom.

This is the game Pete needed.

This is the game everyone needed.

Literally everyone, including the Oilers.

And that reverse hit on that p***y dipshit Foegle?

I can't recall when Pete played with such swag.

Lindholm, he is EVERYWHERE, holy shit.

Miller's willpower would've made the entire green lantern corps collective shit their f***ing pants.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
We have to bury these guys in there barn.

You know going in they will play McDavid and Draisitl hard. Lean on them hit them do what you got to do to wear them down. The hardest is the 4th win. This is what the playoffs are all about willing your way to victory.
They might play them 40 minutes to win how much will they have in a game 7 the win tonight was huge

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Regarding the EP40 penalty, looks like it was called right. Maybe was mentioned here earlier but i can't keep up with the thread.

The bit you quoted would make all physical contact illegal. This is the next paragraph in the rule:

Charging shall mean the actions of a player who, as a result of distance traveled, shall violently check an opponent in any manner. A “charge” may be the result of a check into the boards, into the goal frame or in open ice.​

I guess the ref forgot that part too.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

That’s not the whole rule. The last sentence makes it clear that distance travelled is a necessary condition.

Here's the language: 42.1 Charging - A minor or major penalty shall be imposed on a player who skates, jumps into or charges an opponent in any manner. Charging shall mean the actions of any player who, as a result of distance traveled, shall violently check an opponent in any manner.

WiLBoY

Aug 29, 2009
The last one is the hardest to win. Really good effort by everyone tonight, truly no passengers. I was honestly really proud of how the team played even if they lost. They played their hearts out tonight and it was probably one of the more stressful games for me to watch this playoffs.

Hopefully they can put in the same effort but it's going to be tough. Edmonton isn't going to go away that easily and our players must be really tired from tonight's game.

Lenny Levino

May 15, 2024

He didn't jump into anyone though. He jumped straight up in the air from a stationary position. It was the Oilers player that skated into him.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
How is everybody feeling now?😅
majima smirk.gif

As a bandwagonner, I gotta say your board is pretty cool. Certainly I've visites some much worse ones :laugh:

Let's finish the Oilers next game. Silovs seems to have extra composure in road games.

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
No.

Have them watch tape, get rested. If the Canucks advance, they will need all hands on deck. There will be injuries and fatigue to deal with.

Tocchet has gone to great lengths to establish the "next man up" mentality. Belief in the team.

Be positive, ffs. I hate it when people poach on my turf. Damn you. Damn you to hell.

When was the last time we had a coaching staff make this many adjustments in a series? I think that's a great sign.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Shots 35-23 in favour of the Canucks
Hits 42-20 in favour of the Canucks
Face-offs 36-26 in favour of the Canucks
Powerplays 5-4 in favour of the Oilers

Dominate win.

Pettersson looked much better, great skate deflection to set up the game winner for Miller. The Garland line looked a tad off with Blueger instead of Lindholm, Tocc could put Lindholm back with Garland & Joshua & Blueger between Petersson & Hoglander, Petey line with Blueger would still be 10 times better without Mikheyev. Di Giuseppe seemed like he got PEDs injected into his veins lol he was flying out there, a goal and +2 in the game. Myers another strong game. The team looked so much better without Mikheyev. Lots of shots tonight but they need to bury more of their chances, the powerplay also needs to be a lot better. Great game overall, strong team play by everyone. Let’s Go Canucks!! Can smell the Western Conference Finals!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad