Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM05 | Canucks defeat Oilers | 3-2 (Soucy, Di Giuseppe, & Miller) | JT MILLER *clap* *clap* *clap*

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Still a 'toss-up' series. Oilers won the last one with a last minute goal; and the Canucks returned serve tonight. Arguably their best two periods of hockey in these playoffs in the second and third.

One thing is for certain, if the Canucks take another five minor penalties, the Oilers aren't going to go 0-5 on the PP back at home.

And listening to PDG on the post-game interviews, what an ordeal he's been under. This of course this is the part of players' lives that fans never. So gratifying to see him pot one in this game.

Still a good possibility of a seven-game series. But at least it's the Oilers who will be stewing for the next 48 hours, not the Canucks.

Hockeyphysio

Jul 2, 2018
I thought the 4th line looked excellent and was actually a presence tonight vs the rest of the playoffs. PDG several excellent scoring chances alongside his goal. But Pod was also very physical, finished his checks and looked on the right side defensively. Aman made several smart deflections on the PK.
i feel Aman has the potential to be a very useful 4th line center and top PKer

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
I would go with the same exact lineup for next game except do something with Cole.

Demko doesn't need to play in this series. Silovs will take care of these Coilers.

Unless the unthinkable happens and Silovs gets absolutely pasted by the Oilers in Game 6, then I think Demko is the Vezina card to play for Game 7. But if he puts on a clinic and we still unfortunately lose by 1, we probably ride him for the whole series even if Demko is ready.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Only one player played bad and Tocchet rightfully benched him. Pretty safe to assume Juulsen’s back in for the game in EDM. If we are only playing a guy for 10 minutes a night, then I’d rather have Juulsen because he’s the better PKer.

Damn, I could tell they'd cut Cole back but 12:31 tonight.

I still don't think he'll come out, though. And Juulsen scares the crap out of me.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Few things:

Despite the Canucks dominance through most of that game Silovs came up huge with some very key stops on guys all alone in the slot. What a story that kid has been.

Thought Bluegar played a great game, and was happy to see him fit like a glove back between G & J.

DiGuiseppe looked like he did early in the season on the wing with Miller and Boeser.

EP showing some legit signs of life after being given some actual wingers that require defensive coverage by the other team. He battled tonight, but he also had space for the first time because other teams can usually just ignore Mik and Hog.

And finally, the biggest congrats goes to Tocc for finally getting out of his own way and mixing up the lines. Easy to forget he's still got some learning to do as a head coach in the post season.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
McDavid looked super flat this game and only played 23 minutes despite all the powerplay time. Wondering if the 30 minutes per game is starting to wear away at him.

Even Draisatil didn't have anywhere near the jump he's had before. McDavid looked downright awful. I think you may be on to something. Between the LA series and grinding them out against out, they seem to be finally running out of gas.

Can't take them lightly on Saturday. We need to come in ready to end the series.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA

I still don't think he'll come out, though. And Juulsen scares the crap out of me.

He's GOTTA sit though, no?

I mean seriously. He was a good soldier for us this year, but even during the regular season he showed signs of fatigue, and in this series he's been a liability. He has to come out.....

Reactions: ForecheckBackcheck

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver

He needs to be cut back... and he played much better the rest of the game after his horrendous 1st. And that isn't even age-related cardio, it's just poor clears and decision making.

Juulsen drawing in would be horrendous. He's on the right side of 30 and still making boneheaded reads.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Silovs has earned the right to close it out
Unless he plays an absolute stinker on Saturday and Demko is truly ready to go, I think we see Silovs finish this series. It would be a huge luxury to win this series without Demko and let him rest and come back for Dallas or Colorado. Not counting any chickens before they hatch though.

In other words: Yay fans. Screw you media.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
I know he's been less than ideal for this post-season, but god damn man

charging.jpeg

Very inspired effort by Petey tonight.

mdobbs

Oct 21, 2010
He's GOTTA sit though, no?

I mean seriously. He was a good soldier for us this year, but even during the regular season he showed signs of fatigue, and in this series he's been a liability. He has to come out.....

For who though? Juulsen is not better right now

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Only one player played bad and Tocchet rightfully benched him. Pretty safe to assume Juulsen’s back in for the game in EDM. If we are only playing a guy for 10 minutes a night, then I’d rather have Juulsen because he’s the better PKer.

i think juulsen is unplayable on the road

but at home, i don’t hate him as the 6th man to give cole a much needed rest. hopefully game 3 against dallas...

Reactions: Vector

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad