Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM05 | Canucks defeat Oilers | 3-2 (Soucy, Di Giuseppe, & Miller) | JT MILLER *clap* *clap* *clap*

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Wow. I felt confident all day that we would win and play well once I saw the lines.

The first eight minutes were deflating but it was great after that.

Petey should be playing like that every game!! Obviously his wrist is f***ed but he was in the BATTLE. Made winning EFFORTS!

PDG fred Van Vleet post-baby performance! Aman great on the PK!

DIDNT GIVE UP A POWERPLAY GOAL!!!

REFS WERE HORRID !!!

Only one player played bad and Tocchet rightfully benched him. Pretty safe to assume Juulsen’s back in for the game in EDM. If we are only playing a guy for 10 minutes a night, then I’d rather have Juulsen because he’s the better PKer.

Best performance of theplayofs

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Remember guys, 5pm on saturday. Dont want to hear your bullshit that you thought it was a 7pm start.
salute.gif

Reactions: Red

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Big difference having a 4th line playing with energy. We haven't had any energy from a 4th line this series.

Our worst line was our 3rd line but I expect there was some rust involved. I think they play a better game on Saturday

Doubt we see Mikheyev or Lafferty again in the playoffs. I think those are obviously two of the passengers that Toch was alluding to.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Best Canuck performance in a playoff game since 2011. Absolutely killed them tonight at every aspect of the game. Thank f*** we got the result and didn't get suck by the absolutely sickening reffing.

Lineup changes by Tocchet worked like a charm. Right guys came out, right guys went in.

Looked like a completely different PK, much more aggressive and much more aggressive against McBaby and Draisaitl.

- JT Miller is the f***ing man.

- one of the best games of PDG's career. So good tonight and that line was excellent. Really happy for him and hopefully he can keep this going. Podkolzin also kept it simple and was really solid.

- Pettersson was much better. Not perfect but skated better and seemed to want the puck more. Good to see a better effort reward with a point on the late winner.

- all 6 D were outstanding. Myers/Soucy/Zadorov in particular just ate the Edmonton forwards alive.

- Silovs was rock solid.

I still can't get over that Pettersson call. Just a complete, utter joke. Yet again we get reffed like the road team on home ice.

Two shots to win this series. Gotta stay the course after this one and keep doing the exact same things.

Nothing is more badass then when the typically stoic MS takes the gloves off.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Third line suffered a bit without Lindholm, but worth it I think to give Petey a lift.

So happy that Mikheyev is sitting. I genuinely prefer Aman and PDG to him, especially the way PDG played tonight. Thought Hoglander had his best game as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad