Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM05 | Canucks defeat Oilers | 3-2 (Soucy, Di Giuseppe, & Miller) | JT MILLER *clap* *clap* *clap*

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Also a lot of pressure

Some do well under pressure, hockey is a very random sport with no rhyme or reason why things happen the way they do at times. Most people thought there was no way this team would have gone this far and look now.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Best Canuck performance in a playoff game since 2011. Absolutely killed them tonight at every aspect of the game. Thank f*** we got the result and didn't get suck by the absolutely sickening reffing.

Lineup changes by Tocchet worked like a charm. Right guys came out, right guys went in.

Looked like a completely different PK, much more aggressive and much more aggressive against McBaby and Draisaitl.

- JT Miller is the f***ing man.

- one of the best games of PDG's career. So good tonight and that line was excellent. Really happy for him and hopefully he can keep this going. Podkolzin also kept it simple and was really solid.

- Pettersson was much better. Not perfect but skated better and seemed to want the puck more. Good to see a better effort reward with a point on the late winner.

- all 6 D were outstanding. Myers/Soucy/Zadorov in particular just ate the Edmonton forwards alive.

- Silovs was rock solid.

I still can't get over that Pettersson call. Just a complete, utter joke. Yet again we get reffed like the road team on home ice.

Two shots to win this series. Gotta stay the course after this one and keep doing the exact same things.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
I’m unable to take my eyes off the tv and check this board during the game. I’m just enjoying this run to much. Love the character of this team, what a way to respond to your coach calling you out as a group. This team is good enough, they need some bounces along the way, but this is a team that can win.

The team is starting to remind me
Of the 94 Canucks. Had some great players for sure, but they were plucky and gritty and just had that thing that leads to wins. This team is resilient for sure, but it has heart. What a great game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad