Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM03 | Canucks defeat Oilers | 4-3 (Boeser(2) & Lindholm(2)) | Silovs You!

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
Hard disagree. Even when the score was 4-1, we were soundly outplaying them at ES and outshooting and outchancing them. The score wasn't indicative of how the game was played, and the Canucks eventually evened it up and then took over as a result.

As for your other points, largely agree - McDavid and Draisaitl are getting no help from their supporting cast. Hope that continues for long enough for us to steal this series from them.
the score was 4-1
so Hard Disagree right back at you. Edmonton is dangerous! But yes, they do not have the defense so hard working Tocchet like players, and talented plumbers, can compensate. And we have depth.
Also, look at the last game where we gave them 45 shots. That's because we had a strong lead. Teams do this. We did the same thing when we were leading.
The average fan thinks that allowed shots are everything, and the numbers people will point to zone time. The media will go along with that narrative because it's simple. Defense can be a tactic. A team that is losing has to press and they make mistakes so drawing them can be very effective especially as the D get in on the rush.
What I hate about it is they can panic as the game wears on - even the Canucks gave up 2 more goals. I don't like it when teams take the foot of the gas. We came back twice in both series because of it.

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
I think it’s easy to tell who has money on the oilers.
As much as I want to laugh, I saw that from the TNT announcers last round. I forgot who was visibly upset but he was sitting beside self Confessed third member of the Brother Line Anson Carter who was disappointed but managed to hide it. But Paul Bissonette was really tickled and was laughing in their faces over some of the Nashville games.

Yup, Silovs was excellent, and he got a little help from his posts. Playing that way is not a sustainable way to win hockey games - flashbacks to the Vancouver/Vegas bubble series where we relied on superhuman goaltending from Demko to force it to 7 games while getting less than 10 shots. Ugh.

Hoping for a 60-minute performance in Game 4.
PDO

Reactions: tradervik

NailsHoglander

Feb 20, 2024
Times like this expose the true Canuck haters in the media and their are many of them. They try to hide it during the regular season but playoff runs always bring out the truth.

Reactions: MS and Bgav

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
Oiler fans are convinced they will come back
They could very well. They have the best players in the league. Anything at this point for the Canucks is gravy, and there's not a reasonable Canucks fan that doesn't know that. We've been in the hole for way too long.
But this group does remind us of the '94 team that has solid talent, felt like underdogs to everyone (I don't think there were .500 that year), but had a spark and a belief in themselves.
But more, this reminds us of the 82 Canucks and there miraculous run where this band of losers were far more talented than even they realized and their opponents stars but were aging vets that didn't know what hit them.
Or better, the Bubble Canucks. This has much of the same core players.
But anything is fantastic. This year is already a huge success. Let's keep it coming!

Times like this expose the true Canuck haters in the media and their are many of them. They try to hide it during the regular season but playoff runs always bring out the truth.
There's genuine surprise everywhere. The Eastern media, the Eastern fans, don't watch the West. The next two games will be telling and it looks like it may be the series to watch, especially because it's gotten so chippy and exciting.
How many in the East knew how much our fans hate each other. It goes back to when the Oilers first entered the NHL. It's the real reason the Canucks fans hate Messier. I think as fellow fans hating each other, we both love it.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
That slew footing on Hughes was one of the worst I have ever seen. I couldn't believe the posts I read on the main board.

Keep going strong.

McBaby asked for trouble and he got it. They started it by going after your star player, now they whine when they got to taste their own medicine.
Don't care about the posts on the main board. For whatever reason there are many posters who hate your team. Jealousy?

Best wishes. I hope you go all the way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad