Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM03 | Canucks defeat Oilers | 4-3 (Boeser(2) & Lindholm(2)) | Silovs You!

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Silovs and posts happened.

I am shocked they didn't come back. Please, please no more turtle hockey with 1-2 goal leads against the Oilers, Tocchet.

Yup, Silovs was excellent, and he got a little help from his posts. Playing that way is not a sustainable way to win hockey games - flashbacks to the Vancouver/Vegas bubble series where we relied on superhuman goaltending from Demko to force it to 7 games while getting less than 10 shots. Ugh.

Hoping for a 60-minute performance in Game 4.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Also, on Stuart Skinner -

Vogue to rip on him, and he's definitely their weak link, but actually thought Game 3 was possibly his best one. Hard to pinpoint any of the goals he should have had, but the issue with him isn't so much the goals that beat him, but you need your starting goalie to stop 1 or more sure-thing-goals per game in order to win. And he's not doing much of that.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
I can totally see Soucy getting 2 game suspension here.

1 game for touching the whiniest little p***y ass bitch super star in league history.

1 game for ignoring the league-wide memo to avoid touching the whiniest little p***y ass bitch super star in league history.

+1 game Canuck tax

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
Soucy was going to crosscheck him in the chest and he fell into the stick. Don't start shit after the buzzer if you can't take the retaliation.

Pathetic by the Oilers to not jump Soucy and Zadorov... that is your best player ffs.

Reactions: Jovofan

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Just read a comment someone calling McDrai the "Whiner Twins" Had to share so fitting, Damn beautiful day today first panthers then Canucks !

Tocchet actually smiling after game didn't know he could haha.

8pwin4.jpg

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Lmao, if Soucy is suspended for those end of game shenanigans then I guess McDavid needs to be as well for that two handed lumberjack chop right?

Give me a break.

It was a nasty bit of playoff hockey, get over it.

For once, we are on the dishing out side and not the receiving side so of course we'll be penalized smh.

Reactions: MikeK

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Hey Nucks Fans. TB fan coming in peace. Rooting for you guys hard now that our boys are out (I've been to your city a couple of times, love it). Being on the east coast I don't get a chance to watch you guys much, or really ever, but have not missed a minute of your playoff games. Silovs, Miller, Boeser, Zadorov and obviously Hughes have been outstanding but I have to tell you, now that I am watching him regularly, Pettersson couldn't be less impressive, particularly given his coming cap hit. What are the strengths of his game because I'm not really seeing any? I mean, I know he's got high end skills that translate in the regular season but if this is who he is in the playoffs, yikes! What am I missing? Thx.

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
Hey Nucks Fans. TB fan coming in peace. Rooting for you guys hard now that our boys are out (I've been to your city a couple of times, love it). Being on the east coast I don't get a chance to watch you guys much, or really ever, but have not missed a minute of your playoff games. Silovs, Miller, Boeser, Zadorov and obviously Hughes have been outstanding but I have to tell you, now that I am watching him regularly, Pettersson couldn't be less impressive, particularly given his coming cap hit. What are the strengths of his game because I'm not really seeing any? I mean, I know he's got high end skills that translate in the regular season but if this is who he is in the playoffs, yikes! What am I missing? Thx.
You might want to look at the last few pages of the thread at Confirmed with Link: - Pettersson Signs 8 Year Deal with the Vancouver Canucks, AAV $11.6M for a discussion by Canuck fans about what you've been seeing. You aren't alone in what you're noticing.

NailsHoglander

Feb 20, 2024
Graig Button better be banned from the Donnie and Dhali show after this ridiculous witch hunt to get Soucy suspended. Never liked that clown and I never want to hear his opinion on anything ever again.

Reactions: Indiana

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
Thanks, i was rooting for you guys when you won two Stanley cups a few years ago. Petterson is struggling since the all star break, we are all trying to figure out why. At first, we thought its the distraction from the contract negotiation, but now with that done, he is still struggling.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020

I am shocked they didn't come back. Please, please no more turtle hockey with 1-2 goal leads against the Oilers, Tocchet.

Too easy.

Like me.
That was the refrain during those Devils cups under Lemaire. Not the same number of talented player but a system that played like a cult. The Preds were the second best team playing that way too but the Canucks also had the Joshua Tree to play with The Cult :D

The only thing at the end of the day is the score.

Just so you know I don't disagree with you but thats' the way it is.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
What a croc of McBaby BS if Soucy is suspended. This does not even break the hurdle for one game in terms of what’s constituted a playoff suspension historically. Maybe one game in the regular season to appease McBaby.

Even in the regular season if that’s any other player it’s probably just a fine.

Cheeks Clapinski

Sep 26, 2017
What are the possible outcomes of the hearing? Is a fine and a stern talking to still on the table or are we all but guaranteed to lose Soucy for a game?

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015

Too easy.

Like me.

As if it's that easy though. Tocchet is telling these guys to skate the puck out and keep the pressure on by not just dumping it out every play. It's the players who are too shell-shocked and tired to play properly.

Even dumping it out continually would be less dangerous and stressful if they actually got the puck out of their own end. It was appalling as I would guess 75-80% of their clearing attempts didn't have enough on them to get out of the zone, or they were trying cute breakouts that were getting eaten up by Oiler players just to set up yet another cycle and opportunity.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Thanks, i was rooting for you guys when you won two Stanley cups a few years ago. Petterson is struggling since the all star break, we are all trying to figure out why. At first, we thought its the distraction from the contract negotiation, but now with that done, he is still struggling.
I understand that he's struggling to score and all, but has he always been so passive? I know that physicality is not his game, I wouldn't expect it to be, but he looks genuinely intimidated out there (at least to my eye). Is that the norm? Again, I'm not trying to stir the pot at all, I just was looking forward to watching him play. His normal offensive output would be all you need to get over the top given how the rest of the guys are going.

Grip it N RYP it

Apr 20, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Watching highlights again. What Silovs has done so far is pretty incredible. Such a fun story.

With DeSmith, I was nervous, like any shot could go in. Reminds me of watching Clouts in the playoffs, unfortunately.

A ton of confidence in Silovs. He fills the net, shows poise and desperation when needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad